123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Complete List of Bad Companies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a

Oregon
1 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  11:39:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In response to the contract that we as notaries sometimes sign, the clause that states we are in violation of the contract if we contact the lender or title/escrow, this is what I've done.

When I had collection issues with XYZ (who I no longer accept assignments from, but have been in paid in full)My first collection letter notification states: Because payment has not been sent as outlined in your contract, you are in breach of the contract making it null and void. At that point I then outline my collection proceedures which include contacting the lenders and title/escrow companies.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Tennessee
3 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2008 :  7:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Against my better judgement, last year I took an assignment from XYZ. Knowing their track record, I kept copies of everything from all acknowledgements to the HUD, anticipating a possible failure to receive my fees.
The sentiments about XYZ on all the chat borads is absolutely correct! I even told this lady at XYZ that and she said "I don't read the chat boards"...! I told her that maybe she ought to start reading them!
I inadvertantly filed a claim against the lender with the BBB.. It was a logical mistake because XYZ covers their tracks so accurately there's no way you can back track to them.
They called me and asked me why I did what I did because the lender was uspet. They also asked me to rescind my complaint against the lender (which I did because that wasn't fair to the lender) and they assured me that if I did this, my check was in the mail. I told them I had added on late fees and they asked how much...Said they would send a second check to cover the shortage...They are BALD FACED LIARS They never mailed any check of any kind!
If anyone has any tricks up their sleeves, class action lawsuit, collection method, anything against this company, please email me personally and I will join in on it! This company is a complete and total disgrace to the SS profession!
Go to Top of Page

wmkryger

New York
29 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2008 :  11:12:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am owed for a closing from November 7, 2007. The fee was $60. I have called and called - always promised a call back - which of course never happens.
Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  10:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any notary who is owed money from XYZ needs to contact me immediately through this website. I cannot help you without you helping me.

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Bell

California
19 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  05:19:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jennifer Bell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The particular company below makes notaries sign a contract that indicates they will not contact the lender for payment. You don't have to contact the lender for payment... write a letter to the escrow company that hired THEM to hire YOU! Let the escrow agent you represented know that the company they do business with is not living up to the terms of their own contract. CC the signing company, so they know exactly what you did. BUT - specifically state in your letter to the escrow company that YOU ARE NOT REQUESTING PAYMENT, you are writing to advise them of the bad business practices of the signing company. You'd love to work for them directly in the future... That's what I did. And I've been threatened. But I did nothing that violated the terms of my contract, so I'm not worried about idle threats.

But the BBB has assigned a letter grade, and I am sure I don't need to tell anyone the grad the the company in question has received. Check the link:

quote:
Originally posted by dfye@mcttelecom.com

Let's face it. We all want to know who the bad guys are but just remember that even they have rights. Take a look at the history of %%%.

Go to Top of Page

n/a

Florida
1 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  08:22:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having completed 2000 signings,and NOT ever, not been paid, I think there is more to it than just the signing co. There are ways to collect that are foolproof. If you follow the directions to a "T" and follow up, you should'nt have a problem. Sometimes you need to speak personally to someone other than the signing co. if you get my drift.
I love this job and I plan to keep doing this as long as I can.
Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  01:10:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let's face it. We all want to know who the bad guys are but just remember that even they have rights. Take a look at the history of
XYZ.

Go to Top of Page

n/a

Georgia
1 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  01:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I read this a minute late. I just posted a list & I guess I didn't think of it this way. I will just keep my own personal list. Thanks for the helpful insight.

quote:
Originally posted by dfye@mcttelecom.com

One must be very careful when compiling such a list. If for whatever reason one of the companies named in a @#$% list on a forum decides to pursue a liability issue, it may or may not put the forum owners in a very uncomfortable place.

It is one thing for us to express our opinion but it is another thing to implement a strategy through a website that may possibly cause a personal or professional injury--even though we are fully aware that they are no pay companies. Yes, even the bad guys have been known to win many court cases.

Carmen and Jeremy, please correct me if I am wrong. I just love opinions.

"From the fullness of His grace we all have received one blessing after another." John 1:16
Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  05:21:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I guess we may need to consult a lawyer here. I do know that there is a so called no-no list in cirulation and has beedfor some time (years in fact). It has evolved over time with notaries adding to this list if they have had issues with being paid. Whether the owners of a particular site could be sued if it is posted on the site is not clear.

Carmen
Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  10:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One must be very careful when compiling such a list. If for whatever reason one of the companies named in a @#$% list on a forum decides to pursue a liability issue, it may or may not put the forum owners in a very uncomfortable place.

It is one thing for us to express our opinion but it is another thing to implement a strategy through a website that may possibly cause a personal or professional injury--even though we are fully aware that they are no pay companies. Yes, even the bad guys have been known to win many court cases.

Carmen and Jeremy, please correct me if I am wrong. I just love opinions.

Go to Top of Page

joanbergst

California
360 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  3:49:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit joanbergst's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree completely with this statement (Renee) about being paid. I have done over 3000 loan signings and I have not been paid by 4 companies. I have always accepted assignments and worried about being paid later. My total amount in dollars' lost is under $800 and that is nothing compared to what I have earned.

Take a chance and do the assignment and pay particular attention to the way a company states they will pay you. If they tell you to invoice them and send a W-9 to get paid then thats what you need to do!
Best Wishes to all the Notary/Loan-Signers in 2007!

Joan A Bergstrom
www.joanbergstromnotarypublic.com
Go to Top of Page

Renee

Michigan
549 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  01:30:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Renee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you stay active and current by reading the various notary boards, you'll be able to hold in your head the short list of the ones that are pretty much beyond redemption.

As you read - you'll see that one person's experience might not coincide with other's experiences, and we always need to keep an open mind about these things. Personality plays into this BIG time - for example, a person with a tender ego who is 'punished' for mistakes by not being paid, might be inclined to rant and rave all over the place about how irreputable a company might be, and never qualify WHY they weren't paid.

There is a very short list of companies I have never and will never work for. I also believe a standard of PROFITABLE fees tends to elliminate some of the clients that you read about more frequently.

In nearly 2 years, I have had to eat ONE signing (bad check). Is the glass half full, or half empty? I view every new client as My New Best Friend, rather then The Next Thief of my services. I wish I could tell you why others have payment problems, and I do not - I just think it has to be at least partly due to the fees, partly due to the level of service, partly due to organization/invoicing. Just guessing. I don't even THINK about not being paid - hey, maybe it's all about INTENTION and positive thinking? WHO KNOWS?
Go to Top of Page

kcg

Indiana
33 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  11:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there anyway we can put together a list of companies that DO NOT pay on one page....something that can be added to with comments and something that we can print out regularly and carry with us?

I get so many calls from agencies who say their name so fast I barely catch it but while they are talking about the assignment, I'm trying to whiz thru my memory to recall if they have been a topic on the forum as one who doesn't pay. I would love to be able to whip out a sheet and quickly glance at it before I say yes.

Anyone think this can work?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.