123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 INSURED CLOSINGS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

suziec

California
8 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2014 :  2:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sent them to collections with no luck. Just had to write the whole thing off. Not worth hours and hours of chasing the money. Thank goodness it was only for $200.00
Go to Top of Page

jfugal

Virginia
5 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2013 :  1:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeb, have you or anyone else had any luck chasing down $ from Insured Closings? They owe me about $500. They paid me on the first 16 jobs I did for them, but not the last 6...

-JF
Go to Top of Page

joelbenedict

Kentucky
26 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  9:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still waiting on payment from an 8/27/2012 and a 9/13/2012 signing. I last had any contact from the company back on 1/4/2013, which stated that the next two payment batches would be sent on 1/15/2013 and 1/30/2013. Their voicemail is unavailable and faxes fail to send to their fax number. I've started to send emails and send payment invoices daily through their site application. I waited until after 2/4/2013 to start sending daily payment requests.

The 1/4/2013 email said (paraphrasing) that the president had personal issues preventing direct management of the company. I can understand that, but a business should always have a backup plan in case of emergencies to make sure that debts to not go unpaid...especially ones that linger for over six months.

EDIT 4/30/2013: After talking to about a half dozen people working in the Ohio state government departments and several lawyers, I've given up on getting paid. They said that the only thing left to do is for the real estate company renting the property to evict the leasing party. Any suit would pay the lender first, and I'd be low enough on the getting-paid list that I'd never see any of the proceeds from sales of the assets or lawsuit payments.

Edited by - joelbenedict on 04/30/2013 4:33:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

suebehere

Ohio
28 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  06:38:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit suebehere's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I live in Ohio and only about 1 hr away from Insured Closings! Time to collect!!!
Go to Top of Page

jeb

Maryland
10 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  5:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit jeb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm having trouble also collecting from Insured Closings. I'm getting ready to file a law suit against them. Most companies when they hear this , usually settle. I pursue them, just in principal. I'm not going to let anyone get away with not paying me. This method has worked for me so far. Sometimes it takes a year to get my money. But I hope my point is made. I will hunt you down. But you do have to be polite, use wisdom, & follow through. True this also takes time, & is a hassle. Some notaries just chalk this up as a loss on their taxes, & go on. But I'm not going to let them get away with this. If they're close by, I even threaten to come visit them. But you need to do what you say you will. Don't make idle threats. You need to be bold. This works, they don't want you to come. In the case of Insured Closings. I have in-laws in Cincinatti. I can drive there & visit. Of course I'd have to take time off from work. But if I do this, I'll definetly take them to small claims court. It will cost them. This is the longest I've gone with them not paying me. Once it took the almost 1 yea,. But they finally paid. There are many compankies that don't have very good book keeping. I wonder how they stay in busines. They've always been slow to pay. And I'm getting tired of this. When I threaten legal action, they usually send the check within a week. I've been busy, but I'll make time- just to make a point. I'm not doing any more business with them. I don't have time for this. But they will pay me, or I'll take legal action, & they'll pay more. The only way you really can't collect is if the company goes bankrupt. But if you know where the owner is. You can sue them personaly in small claims court- it's pretty easy, & not costly. But you must keep good records of all attempts, & correspondence as proof. Also a letter from a lawyer also helps to scare these companies. But beware of dead beat companies that take advatage- especially of new notaries, who need the $. Don't let any company rip you off. We all need to stick together on this, & use 123 Notary resources, & NNA resources, & any other resource through networking.
I'm getting ready to take action against Insured Closings. I'm not doing any more closings for them either. They have a bad reputation among notaries. But unfortunatly companies like these will always find notaries to prey on, or to rip off. Or companies go bankrupt, & remorf tehmselves, & move around, & continue to scam. Also title companie & lenders need to know about these business practices, & this would hurt Insured Closings.

Go to Top of Page

jeb

Maryland
10 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  4:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit jeb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm having trouble also collecting from Insured Closings. I'm getting ready to file a law suit against them. Most companies when they hear this , usually settle. I pursue them, just in principal. I'm not going to let anyone get away with not paying me. This method has worked for me so far. Sometimes it takes a year to get my money. But I hope my point is made. I will hunt you down. But you do have to be polite, use wisdom, & follow through. True this also takes time, & is a hassle. Some notaries just chalk this up as a loss on their taxes, & go on. But I'm not going to let them get away with this. If they're close by, I even threaten to come visit them. But you need to do what you say you will. Don't make idle threats. You need to be bold. This works, they don't want you to come. In the case of Insured Closings. I have in-laws in Cincinatti. I can drive there & visit. Of course I'd have to take time off from work. But if I do this, I'll definetly take them to small claims court. It will cost them. This is the longest I've gone with them not paying me. Once it took the almost 1 yea,. But they finally paid. There are many compankies that don't have very good book keeping. I wonder how they stay in busines. They've always been slow to pay. And I'm getting tired of this. When I threaten legal action, they usually send the check within a week. I've been busy, but I'll make time- just to make a point. I'm not doing any more business with them. I don't have time for this. But they will pay me, or I'll take legal action, & they'll pay more. The only way you really can't collect is if the company goes bankrupt. But if you know where the owner is. You can sue them personaly in small claims court- it's pretty easy, & not costly. But you must keep good records of all attempts, & correspondence as proof. Also a letter from a lawyer also helps to scare these companies. But beware of dead beat companies that take advatage- especially of new notaries, who need the $. Don't let any company rip you off. We all need to stick together on this, & use 123 Notary resources, & NNA resources, & any other resource through networking.
I'm getting ready to take action against Insured Closings. I'm not doing any more closings for them either. They have a bad reputation among notaries. But unfortunatly companies like these will always find notaries to prey on, or to rip off. Or companies go bankrupt, & remorf tehmselves, & move around, & continue to scam. Also title companie & lenders need to know about these business practices, & this would hurt Insured Closings.

Go to Top of Page

ddpic

Arkansas
8 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  1:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having problems collecting from Insured Closings also. I have worked with them for years and this is the longest time that I have had to wait. I have sent letters etc. I guess my next step is to call the title company and lenders.
Go to Top of Page

surferwoman

Oregon
15 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  3:42:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BEWARE of Insured closings. Susan Harvey is the owner. She doesn't pay notaries. She owed me money for 2 months then after many calls, she sent me a check that bounced. That is illegal, it's a felony. I'm reporting it to my police dept. and to Ohio police. She is in Ohio. Insured closings is AKA Ohio Closings. BEWARE.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.