123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Refinance Myself, Inc Delray Beach
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  03:53:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smithkas

2/19/2103 contracted with Refinance Myself for a $110 respa signing 40 miles away. On 6/23/13 and 9/9/13 and again in January 2014 I contacted 5 different individuals at Refinance Myself regarding payment. Guess I will have to write this one off... but BEWARE. They do not respond or pay their notaries.

Since you're in Florida, why not file a small claims action? You can file in your own county and also include costs of collection, including filing fees, in your suit. Also, have you contacted the loan officer about the outstanding invoices?

Get a copy of a small claims complaint, which you can get online; fill it out but don't file it. Send demand letters with a drop dead date for payment and include a copy of the small claims complaint with your letter - let them know if not paid by XX date you'll be filing the enclosed small claims action. If you have a title company name, I'd include them as defendants too - maybe even the loan officer (that info on 1003)

Good luck - I would NOT write this off - that's why these companies get away with this garbage and keep trying it - they make a pretty penny off notaries who just "write it off".

Disclaimer: No experience with this particular company.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell

Edited by - LindaH on 06/02/2014 03:55:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

smithkas

Florida
3 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2014 :  2:52:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit smithkas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2/19/2103 contracted with Refinance Myself for a $110 respa signing 40 miles away. On 6/23/13 and 9/9/13 and again in January 2014 I contacted 5 different individuals at Refinance Myself regarding payment. Guess I will have to write this one off... but BEWARE. They do not respond or pay their notaries.

Go to Top of Page

Pennsylvania
3 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  06:31:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completed a loan application for them in November 2012 and still have not received payment. I have emailed them an invoice several times and left voicemail messages with no response. They seemed very nice on the phone but I will never do anymore work for them!
Go to Top of Page

hillary38

Florida
7 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2013 :  01:25:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had 2 application appointments for this company. The people I worked with were very friendly, but they are slow in paying. I'm waiting to get paid for my 2nd appointment that took place in November. I called left messages and sent emails with no replies. I wont accept anymore assignments from this company.
Go to Top of Page

Diana

Pennsylvania
45 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  3:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had done 2 for them.. The first was an Application appointment, collecting all the borrower docs and completing the app.. The second was the closing for that application..Now, at first they tell u that u can be paid 1 of 2 ways. First being, send a separate invoice for each appointment. Or, wait until the loan closes then send 1 invoice for both the App appointment and the closing.. I chose to send separate invoices, they didnt like that.. But I told them that there is no guarantee the loan would close so I did require payment for each appointment separately.. It took some calls and emails, but I did finally get paid almost 60 days later..
Go to Top of Page

dbillman

Florida
29 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2012 :  10:46:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit dbillman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done four signings for them in the past five months. I have been paid for three of them. Two of the signings were for the same borrowers. I completed the initial application and then the final signing. I am unsure if the other two did not go to funding, but I was paid for the application appt on the first and I am awaiting payment for the second. I was not contacted for the final signing on either one. So far, my experience has been that they are easy to work with but do not pay quickly.

Go to Top of Page

catmama47

81 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  09:03:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit catmama47's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just recieved a call from a gentleman who said he was from this company to see if I was available for a loan signing.

I checked to see if anyone had written any comments about this company. Nothing here or on Notary Rotary.

I decided to check the local BBB as well. This company is not a registered member of the BBB and so far, there are no complaints on this company.

Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2012 :  2:07:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone worked for these guys before?

Refinance Myself, Inc.
220 Congress Park Drive Suite 245
Delray Beach, FL 33445
http://www.refinancemyself.com
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.