123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Wake Up Notary! Let's say NO to Signing Companies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ladylea

California
10 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  10:00:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. I was telling these signing companies that my minimum fee is $125 and I see that isn't even enough for the hours put in for printing, preparing, driving (in congested Los Angeles), sitting with borrowers, double and triple checking, and going to Fed Ex. This should be at least $150 to $200 easily. Now I am going to seek out the escrow and title companies and say forget it to the rest.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  06:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by a1etron

Les from Colorado is dead on with his response I could not have said it better. A word to the "low ball" signing companies. You have to understand that you are dooming your company to failure like many before you, and here is why. This is the scenario, you call a mobile closer on Wednesday to do a closing on Friday at 3:00 all is good you pay $70.00 for the closing with e-docs(at $70.00 with all expenses and my time I am losing money not even making minimum wage). You at the signing company are going about your day on Friday waiting for docs to come in and planning your weekend, the "low ball" closing is set for 3:00. At 1:00 the mobile closer you called gets a call from another company , we have a closing at 3:00 we pay $150.00 they take the closing. Then the mobile closer you "low balled" now will call you with some lame excuse as to why they cannot close your $70.00 closing that you at the signing company are being paid between $150.00 and $450.00 to close. Oh and by the way this is the last Friday of the month with a holiday on Monday that you need to close at 3:00, :) So you at the signing company now have to scramble to find another closer that can close your 185 page file all on legal size paper, with fax backs, in less than 2 hours. I have received these calls so many times from panicked companies looking for some one to close their loan because the other mobile closer dumped the "low ball" file. Pay a fair fee and pay within 30 days and do what you say you are going to do. Build a solid base of reliable and professional mobile closers under your umbrella and your will be very successful. I know I have seen this happen first hand.

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@hotmail.com

Well said, Ed!!

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  06:03:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Les from Colorado is dead on with his response I could not have said it better. A word to the "low ball" signing companies. You have to understand that you are dooming your company to failure like many before you, and here is why. This is the scenario, you call a mobile closer on Wednesday to do a closing on Friday at 3:00 all is good you pay $70.00 for the closing with e-docs(at $70.00 with all expenses and my time I am losing money not even making minimum wage). You at the signing company are going about your day on Friday waiting for docs to come in and planning your weekend, the "low ball" closing is set for 3:00. At 1:00 the mobile closer you called gets a call from another company , we have a closing at 3:00 we pay $150.00 they take the closing. Then the mobile closer you "low balled" now will call you with some lame excuse as to why they cannot close your $70.00 closing that you at the signing company are being paid between $150.00 and $450.00 to close. Oh and by the way this is the last Friday of the month with a holiday on Monday that you need to close at 3:00, :) So you at the signing company now have to scramble to find another closer that can close your 185 page file all on legal size paper, with fax backs, in less than 2 hours. I have received these calls so many times from panicked companies looking for some one to close their loan because the other mobile closer dumped the "low ball" file. Pay a fair fee and pay within 30 days and do what you say you are going to do. Build a solid base of reliable and professional mobile closers under your umbrella and your will be very successful. I know I have seen this happen first hand.

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

cw2usarmyret

Virginia
122 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  05:58:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to offer my apology for being one of those newbie’s that take those low fees from “Those Signing Companies” in order to break into the business. The fees that he can command must be based on being at least 10 + years and at least 2,000 signings.
According to his web site he is in LA. If you draw a circle with a radius of 15 miles from his location the population would be over a million. I am in a rural area. The population within a 15 mile radius of my location may top 35K on a good day and only if the local Walmart is running a big sale. Therefore in my area you take what you can get from whoever.
Go to Top of Page

Saul

Illinois
46 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  2:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Les_CO

From your post you apparently have little knowledge of this business.
Signing companies do offer a necessary service to those title companies that for one reason or another do not 1/often do interstate business. 2/ have the volume of such business that they can afford to hire a scheduler(s) to make appointments with notaries/borrowers, and keep track of their out-of-office closings. And 3/ those that understand that the service provided to them by the signing company (thereby freeing up the time of their escrow officers) is absolutely FREE!...They do not have to do the closing. They do not have to schedule the signing with the borrower, and the notary, they do not have to follow up. They do not have to track packages. They do not have the accounting/logistic/cost problem of cutting, and mailing out 200 separate checks a month. This is all done for them…at NO COST! The Borrower pays for this service.
And if I may add without the good signing companies that are in operation, many notaries would lose most of their signing business.
If you want to preach, preach against those deadbeats, that do not pay, and those lowball signing companies that offer us low fees that are less than our costs to do the job, and MOST IMPORTATENTLY those ignorant, foolish notaries that accept those low paying jobs, thereby enabling the low paying companies to stay in business, and simultaneously hurt the good fair paying companies that can’t compete with no pay/low pay companies. JMO

Saul
Go to Top of Page

Les_CO

Colorado
32 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  08:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Les_CO's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From your post you apparently have little knowledge of this business.
Signing companies do offer a necessary service to those title companies that for one reason or another do not 1/often do interstate business. 2/ have the volume of such business that they can afford to hire a scheduler(s) to make appointments with notaries/borrowers, and keep track of their out-of-office closings. And 3/ those that understand that the service provided to them by the signing company (thereby freeing up the time of their escrow officers) is absolutely FREE!...They do not have to do the closing. They do not have to schedule the signing with the borrower, and the notary, they do not have to follow up. They do not have to track packages. They do not have the accounting/logistic/cost problem of cutting, and mailing out 200 separate checks a month. This is all done for them…at NO COST! The Borrower pays for this service.
And if I may add without the good signing companies that are in operation, many notaries would lose most of their signing business.
If you want to preach, preach against those deadbeats, that do not pay, and those lowball signing companies that offer us low fees that are less than our costs to do the job, and MOST IMPORTATENTLY those ignorant, foolish notaries that accept those low paying jobs, thereby enabling the low paying companies to stay in business, and simultaneously hurt the good fair paying companies that can’t compete with no pay/low pay companies. JMO

Go to Top of Page

1 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  9:39:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4062's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all Notary Public,

Signing Companies basically are middle companies which have connections such as friends or relative who work with or in the Title, Escrow, Mortgage Companies.

We, Notary Public usually do all the works and get pay only 1/3. Do you know why we get squeeze by those Signing Companies badly like that. Because we have no strength or courage to say NO and SORRY to those Signing Companies.

I have been practiced to say NO and FORGET ABOUT IT to Signing Companies for years and deal directly with title, escrow and mortgage companies. I have been doing great so far! I vowed not to let them (signing companies) to take advantage on my labors any more.

If all of us would say NO to them then titles, escrows, mortgage companies must look for us and when they use us once then that is it! you will be contacted whenever they need the notary services in your area. The rate for refinance/purchase is between $175-$275 and equity is $150.

I wish everybody luck and let's close all the "riff off" signing companies out there. Let them become a notary themselves.

With all the best,

Notary Public
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.