123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Signing Stream
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 2 people liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2015 :  04:51:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dannotary

As usual, I agree with you LindaH. They are cheap and undercapitalized and I wont do business with them. They can just say they never got paid or any other excuse and how do we know without doing a lot of research and calling very busy title companies to try and verify non payment. And like Ken E says, get paid on Pay Pal up front. WE NEED TO MAKE THIS THE STANDARD, IT IS UP TO US AND ONLY US.

Hi Dan - should have responded sooner (not sure why I didn't see this)

The "proof" is easy to come by here in FL and probably many other states - in the event they say they didn't get paid I go look for the recorded security instrument to confirm that the loan *I* had signed did, in fact, record (and therefore, funded). If the security instrument *I* notarized is the one that recorded, then payment was issued and my pay should not be withheld because THEY have a problem with the TC's they represent/contract with. The loan I signed funded, I have the proof in my hand (I get a copy of the recorded mortgage that I notarized), and my payment is not contingent upon THEIR successful argument/negotiation with the TC.

This is not to say I will work for Signing Stream - I don't. But this philosophy holds for all companies I do work for.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell

Edited by - LindaH on 07/05/2015 04:52:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2015 :  08:59:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is improper everywhere and illegal in most places for the notary to have a financial interest in what they process. There are many sound reasons. One obvious one is to avoid the notary being partial and trying to "push" the deal. One does not have any financial interest in the OUTCOME of the documents when prepaid via PayPal or similar. I would never sign a contract giving my consent to violating my state laws. In lieu of my signature, such a document would receive my urine stream.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com

Edited by - edelske on 07/04/2015 11:59:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2015 :  9:26:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As usual, I agree with you LindaH. They are cheap and undercapitalized and I wont do business with them. They can just say they never got paid or any other excuse and how do we know without doing a lot of research and calling very busy title companies to try and verify non payment. And like Ken E says, get paid on Pay Pal up front. WE NEED TO MAKE THIS THE STANDARD, IT IS UP TO US AND ONLY US.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2015 :  11:50:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amazing that people would sign this.

"Your payment for this assignment will be disbursed within 30 days after we receive funds." So, you're so undercapitalized you can't afford to pay your subcontractors? Strike 1

"In exceptional circumstances beyond our control, some Escrow Companies do not pay for completed notary agent services in the event the loan file does not close (or fund). If Signing Stream does not receive payment for your services rendered (either from Escrow or the Lender), then you may not receive any compensation." Yeah..uh, no - I did the work I get paid. Strike 2

Didn't look for a strike 3 - 2 was enough for this notary to say thanks, but no thanks.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

California
20 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2015 :  4:03:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a call from signing stream, over 35 miles one way 60.00 got them to come up to a bit less than my asking. The have a terms and conditions agreement that if you do the job, it implies that you are bound to it. I went on line to check this and 123 forums. I trust what my fellow SA say and there ratings of company's... I declined the order, even if the agree to pay you a amount they can still reduce it.

Below is there T & C agreement...

Signing Stream
Notary Agent
Email: Support@SigningStream.com
Phone: 714-576-2888
Notary Service Agreement

This agreement ("Agreement") serves as the entire agreement between you ("your", "Notary"), a Notary Public asked to conduct a document signing on our behalf, and Signing Stream Inc. ("We", "us", "Signing Stream", "Company"), a nationwide document signing corporation. Your acceptance of this signing appointment constitutes your agreement to the following Terms & Conditions. Please read them carefully.

Fees And Compensation

Your payment for this assignment will be disbursed within 30 days after we receive funds. Our clients will usually pay Net 30 after the month in which this signing took place. Please remember this and allow enough time for your payment to be made. No late payment penalty will be charged by you for any variances in agreed upon payment amounts or dates.

In exceptional circumstances beyond our control, some Escrow Companies do not pay for completed notary agent services in the event the loan file does not close (or fund). If Signing Stream does not receive payment for your services rendered (either from Escrow or the Lender), then you may not receive any compensation. Signing Stream Inc. cannot be liable for any fees or expenses you incur in the event that we do not receive payment from Escrow or the Lender for any reason whatsoever. Please note that we make every effort to collect payment from Escrow clients for services rendered, and files that do not close or fund are uncommon.

a) If the signing is refused by the borrower, you will not receive the original agreed upon signing fee. Your agreed upon signing fee is for a full loan package signing. We may, at our sole discretion, reimburse you up to $20 to apply towards your print and travel expenses. In cases where the signing turns out to be a partial signing with a smaller subset of docs from the loan package, your fee may and will be revised downward to reflect the reduced time and expense.

b) If you do not attend and successfully complete a signing assignment, otherwise known as a "no show", you agree that this may cause us irreparable harm and loss of revenue, the total amount of which may be difficult to ascertain. In the event of a failure to attend and complete a signing appointment on time, you agree to forfeit your fee for any and all assignments you have completed for Signing Stream Inc.

c) For every mistake that occurs on your signing, including failure to complete any requirements, we reserve the right to deduct a portion or all of your signing fee. If your mistakes result in a redraw, we may deduct your entire fee. Delays in completing and/or returning loan documents may result in additional fee deductions. Also, you accept financial responsibility for any delays resulting in expired rate locks, losses by the client, lost revenues by Signing Stream Inc., or any additional expenses incurred by Signing Stream Inc. as a result of your signing errors, mistakes, delays, or omissions. Signing Stream Inc. may reduce your signing fee to offset any such losses or expenses.

d) If you are asked to Check-in from your appointment, complete a Quality Control Check or a Status Update online, faxback signed documents, or accept appointments, and these critical steps are not completed, we may deduct from your signing fee the portion we are paying you to complete those activites.

e) You agree not to contact our clients directly for payment because this will inconvenience them. If you do contact our client directly to inquire about payment, we may share your misconduct with other title companies and signing agencies nationwide and on public forums online.

f) We reserve the right to cancel your assignment or signing appointment for any reason whatsoever at any time up to one (1) hour before the appointment time. In the event that your appointment is cancelled more than one hour before your appointment, you agree there will be no fees or expenses owed to you by Signing Stream. If your appointment is cancelled within one (1) hour of the appointment time, we may, at our own discretion, credit you for printing fees.

g) You will not sub-contract or otherwise assign another notary, agent, or representative complete the work we have assigned to you. If another individual or company carries out the loan signing and notarization work we have assigned to you, you agree and confirm that you assume all financial responsibility from any claim and/or liability arising out of that entities work.

Indemnification

You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Signing Stream Inc. harmless from and against any and all liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees), claims and causes of action arising out of, or in connection with, your performance or non-performance of duties and obligations hereunder, whether as a result of your negligence or willful misconduct.

Non-Disparagement

You agree that you will not, in any communication with any person or entity, including any actual or potential customer, client, investor, vendor, or business partner of Company, or any third-party media outlet, make any derogatory, disparaging or critical negative statements, orally, written or otherwise, against Company or any of Company’s managers, directors, officers and employees. Nothing herein shall prevent you from testifying truthfully in connection with any litigation, arbitration or administrative proceeding when compelled by subpoena, regulation or court order to do so.

In the event you breach any component of this Non-Disparagement clause at any time, you acknowledge and agree that it would be impractical or extremely difficult to ascertain the amount of actual damages to Company. For this reason, you agree that any violation of the Non-Disparagement provision of this Agreement shall result in the imposition of liquidated damages, and not as a penalty, in the amount of Four-Thousand Dollars ($4,000.00), per each occurrence, to be paid by you to Signing Stream, which represents the reasonable compensation for the loss incurred because of the breach.

Independent Contractor

It is expressly agreed and understood that you are performing services on behalf of Signing Stream as an independent contractor and not as an employee, partner, joint venture, or representative of Signing Stream. Furthermore, this Agreement does not create a partnership or joint venture between the parties, and is exclusively a contract for service.

Assignment & Modification

You will not assign, subcontract, or otherwise delegate or transfer any of the rights, obligations, or duties under this Agreement without the express written consent of Signing Stream.

Entire Agreement

This Agreement contains the sole and entire agreement and understanding between you and Signing Stream with respect to your engagement by Signing Stream as an Independent Contractor.

Waiver And Governing Law

If any of the provisions of this Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, all other provisions will continue to be valid and enforceable. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, Orange County, exclusively.

Signing Stream Inc., 940 South Coast Drive, Suite 215, Costa Mesa, CA 92626.

Effective March 1, 2013
Signing Stream, Inc. © 2015 All Rights Reserved. For support: Support@signingstream.com
Click here
Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2015 :  5:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They called me on Monday 4/13 to do an edoc loan on Wednesday. I told them I wouldn't work for them as their payment policy is terrible and they have an awful reputation. She gave me the story that they do typically take 45-55 days to pay because they have to await payment from the lender. Don't the signing companies usually get paid for each transaction through escrow? I asked her if she only got paid every two months. She had no reply, and I said sorry, I won't be working for you!

Go to Top of Page

krjcvp235

Pennsylvania
3 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2015 :  1:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An update on this crepe of a company. I decided to make a phone call to the lender to verify their claim that it typically take 45-60 days to get pay from the lender then an additional time to pay the Notary. Next I sent them an email notifying them of my action, and that if the lender reply that the claim is false, then the next contact will be from my lawyer, then I will report them to the secretary of state for California and the better business bureau. Within an hour I got four emails telling that my February payments have been process. normally they send those emails one at a time, I got 4, my only guess is that the lender must have contacted them. Still haven't receive the checks as yet, but emails of pending payment was received last Friday 4/10.
Go to Top of Page

garyw148

California
14 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2015 :  05:50:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought we all learned last year to stay away from this company! They will short your fee every time.

Gary Williamson
Go to Top of Page

krjcvp235

Pennsylvania
3 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2015 :  06:29:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG I wished I had read the blogs about this company before I signed on with them. Its February 24, 2015 and I am still waiting to be paid for signing done in the month of December 2014. Each time I call them in February the only answer I get is they are still working on December payment and they are waiting to be paid by the lender. I know a lender would not take 60-90 to fund a loan because they require the borrower to make the first payment in 60 days. I Did 5 jobs for them and only got paid for one, Now I have 2 for January and 4 for February.

I will not be working for this company anymore and if all us Notaries stop working for them then maybe we can rid the industry of this bad apple.

can you give me the name of the manager, I was told its against company policy to give that info out.

Guess what I just got an email to get paid for the second of five jobs.

Only God know when and if I will get paid for the other 9 jobs.
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2015 :  07:01:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Full payment "up front" to PayPal or similar is the best way to protect yourself from short / late / reduced pay. Can you order something on the internet and "pay later", of course not. So why do you operate as a bank, granting credit to whoever calls with an assignment?

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

Pworley

Tennessee
6 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2015 :  2:12:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I recieved notification that my check is on the way from Signing Stream...unfortunately is for $25 less that agreed. They said I forgot to "print" my name on one document!! They would not send me the document to correct or to even view! How do I know they are telling the truth? I asked them to remove my name from their notary list. Cheap company & only looks for ways to knock down your pay. THUMBS DOWN 100%.

Penny C. Worley
Go to Top of Page

winntx

Tennessee
1 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2015 :  2:46:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
June 17, 2014 I was contacted by Signing Stream to do a signing close to my home. The fee was $65.00 which was a little low but since it was close to home I said OK. When I started printing out docs which required 2 sets I had to print out 280 pages twice. When I got to clients house to start closing every thing was find until 1 1/2 hours later we got to the HUD and he was $990.00 short. At that time he refused to sign and I went home. Signing Stream said that they only pay $10.00 when there is not a signing. I told them due to the excessive documents printed and 1 1/2 hour of my time spent they should pay at least $20.00. To make a long story short I have contacted them 3 times trying to get payed. Twice I talked to the manager and he said the check would be cut and sent. It is now January 2015 and I have not received a penny.. I am writing the money off. I have also told them to take me off their vendor list.
I would highly suggest that any notary beware in dealing with this company because they are cheap in pay and untruthful in paying their bills.

Jerry Tapley
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.