123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 SERVICE LINK /LSI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  09:04:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An hour? If you can take the call, accept it, print it, call B to confirm, print docs, drive, sign at table, drive to drop box and then home in an hour(or home to fax & then drive out & back to drop)-- I'm absolutely amazed!

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.
Go to Top of Page

dede1107

Texas
36 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  09:20:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LSI was one of the only vendors that were still paying my full fee. Until the merge. I sent an email with my updated standard fee. Never in the last 4 years or so have I ever had an increase, so I hope they can consider that. $77 dollars for an hour of my time, plus fuel, plus paper, and maintenance, no thanks!

Dana McKinney
Notary Public TX
Central TX
Go to Top of Page

Indiana
16 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  6:54:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am completely beside myself as well. LSI was one of my biggest companies where most of my work was from them. It is disgusting that they would even try to lower any fees when gas prices are at an all-time high as well as now we need yearly background checks and to pay for a yearly test. I called LSI/now Service Link because I had not gotten any closings since they merged on 1/28/14 and they told me that in my area there are so many notaries and they are performing closings now for $55.00 with edoc fee included - to change my fee to that if I want to get any closings. You are absolutely right - the liability - wear and tear on our vehicle along with having to pay for all our own Health Insurance... taxes...the list goes on, being professional, dressed in suits. For that price - I might as well go work for a company that will provide benefits and health care. I DID NOT lower my fees, but I just can't imagine other notaries closing loans for $55.00 with downloading documents - how desperate are they? Now there is double the amount of notaries in this field then there were 3 years go and it has completely saturated the market. Everyone is desperate and will do anything to make money when we do need to stand up for ourselves and realize we are professionals - not a cashier at a McDonalds. All these notaries that perform closings for $55.00 is devaluating the Signing Agent Industry. By the way, I have been in the business for 15 years and have never seen it this cheap now. I am seriously considering another career.
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2014 :  8:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope NOBODY is accepting these lousy appointments. Downturn in the market is no reason to accept them. Our costs of doing the appointment is the same and we already are not making that much at 90 or 100 an appointment. $77 digs into our profit margin way too much and if we all UNITE and decline it will change. However, I think that is wishful thinking. If you are new and itching for work and experience, just remember that it is hard if not impossible to remove yourself from the discount rack and move into the locked glass cabinet with the valuables when the market improves. AT $77 you make about as much as working at some dumb low paying job if anything at all. The bottom line is the liabililty- there is no limit on what a notary can be sued for. DO NOT TAKE THESE APPOINTMENTS!
Go to Top of Page

asomerford

North Carolina
18 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2014 :  10:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also received the $12 email. When I received a call from SL and was told the fee would be $77, I responded with my normal fee and told the caller I would not do it for less. I think it is despicable for SL to assume it can reduce the fee for notaries. I still get my asking fee from other signing companies. I have been in this business for 7 years. I am listed with many signing companies and get calls regularly. I hope other notaries will not be bullied by this company.
Go to Top of Page

notary100

3 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2014 :  2:00:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another way to go about it.......just tell them the fee is $90 (or $100) and the edocs are free.
Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2014 :  1:09:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I responded to their email stating that I will have to then contract with them on a case-case basis. I have a laser printer that gets about 2200 pages per 74$ toner. With the paper it averages about 13$ per 300 page package. Not including my time, electricity, printer costs, etc. I told them I believe they will have a hard time finding quality notaries that want to donate time to earn Servicelink money. I'm out, and I hope every notary follows, even in this down period. I certainly don't offer the grocery store a fee of what I'd like to pay for a gallon of milk! What are they thinking??

Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2014 :  08:29:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well, today I got my first order from them with a total fee of $77(reduced print fee). No thanks. I have had to tell them that I am the vendor and they are the customer -it is not them who set the fee, it is us. We need to go on strike with this outfit, all united. I will bet you that THEIR part of the fee did not go down.
It isn't so much the paper and toner, as it is the maintenance of the machines (someone comes to service mine and replace parts etc) I have invested in 2 huge machines like a copy store has which are high volume machines which makes it cheaper in the long run per page in the long run. I will get 20-25 thousand copies per toner cartridge which I get on Amazon or thru a friend real cheap. It still takes some time to do. They are also NOT paying for fax backs which is oour time also and another special trip rushing at last minute to fed ex or UPS. Our liability also remains the same. We are also granting credit. It is also not just the gas costs at $4 a gal ,but the total cost of the car and using it. They want professional people with business experience who wear suits and have nice cars, well this all costs too.
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2014 :  06:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Increase your base fee...

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.
Go to Top of Page

kjenon

Colorado
8 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2014 :  6:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else get an e-mail saying that Service Link is cutting down the fee the pay for printing from $25 to $12? DID the price of
paper and ink go down in price without my knowing?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.