123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Signing Stream - New Agency
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 3 people liked this post.2 people disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

ValleyNotary

California
8 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2014 :  5:30:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never pay an application fee! You should never pay to apply for employment. They are just ripping you off.

quote:
Originally posted by mariabakies

They are requesting a $50 application fee from me to sign up with them? Anyone do this?

Go to Top of Page

mariabakies

Connecticut
23 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2014 :  5:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit mariabakies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They are requesting a $50 application fee from me to sign up with them? Anyone do this?

Go to Top of Page

ValleyNotary

California
8 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2014 :  4:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does Missy Dobbs work here? Because if she does, I'm definitely not signing up with them!
Go to Top of Page

carnwadrick

California
5 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2014 :  10:33:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit carnwadrick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My Experience with Signing Stream has been all positive, the schedulers respond to my inquiries quickly and intelligently and like I said in an earlier post if the docs are slow in coming it is the fault of the lender but Support at Signing Stream have always been on top of the issue.
gordon@mobilenotary1.com
Go to Top of Page

dunndor

California
3 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2014 :  7:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am really happy working with a reliable, professioinal team. Packages are complete when you get them--the format is the same...makes a signing very professional!!!!
Go to Top of Page

jchoyce

California
2 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2014 :  2:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Gloria Cunning's comment. I have been working with Signing Stream for 14 months now. They have a 60 pay period, and they have never missed a payment. In the beginning, I made one mistake, I lost money, but it was my fault. The lender found the mistake, not Signing Stream. This has forced me to look very closely at all my documents before I submit them.

We treat each other with professionalism and courtesy. If I have an issue, I have a friendly conversation with them and we all walk away happy. For example, I had a day where two of their assignments in one day refused to sign due to lender mistakes. I asked them if there was any way they could give me additional funds for my time and they totally agreed that two refusals in one day was not the norm and also agreed to give me more money for my time. I am a VIP notary with them. I've proved myself to be reliable, not make mistakes, and professional to work with. In return they give me as many signings as they can. I know firsthand how valuable our time and skills are and Signing Stream has not let me down so far.

I used to not have to do faxbacks, but some of the other VIP notaries started sub-contracting out the signings. So now, due to other notaries not following Signing Stream's policies, I have to go back to doing faxbacks.

I will continue to do business with Signing Stream, and no, I am not a ringer.

Jennifer Choyce
Go to Top of Page

Flora Gault

California
5 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2014 :  2:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Signing Stream finally paid me.

Edited by - Flora Gault on 03/31/2014 8:32:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

cw2usarmyret

Virginia
104 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  11:42:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Respect has to be earned. I have not seen anything from them that has earned my respect. You deal with this company on your own risk. CW2 John D. Atkinson U.S. Army Retired.

quote:
Originally posted by Cunning

I have never had a bad experience with Signing Stream and also have been paid within their required time frames. If you show respect and do a professional job, review your documents and follow through with instructions required by the lender/signing company you should not have a problem. You need to be accountable for your own actions. Please remember that you are a Public Servant and do so with all respect and that includes comments.
Thank you Signing Stream for your continued business and professionalism and looking forward to working with you in 2014.
Respectfully.
Gloria Cunning
Notary Signing Agent

gloria cunning

Go to Top of Page

Cunning

California
3 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  08:51:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never had a bad experience with Signing Stream and also have been paid within their required time frames. If you show respect and do a professional job, review your documents and follow through with instructions required by the lender/signing company you should not have a problem. You need to be accountable for your own actions. Please remember that you are a Public Servant and do so with all respect and that includes comments.
Thank you Signing Stream for your continued business and professionalism and looking forward to working with you in 2014.
Respectfully.
Gloria Cunning
Notary Signing Agent

gloria cunning
Go to Top of Page

bones67

Washington
29 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  07:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit bones67's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I too have worked for this company 2 times but never again.....the times they call and want me to work for them I continue to tell them no and they act as if "what are yu talking about"....but no more for me.
Bones

Go to Top of Page

Shelbybrns

Tennessee
8 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2014 :  10:08:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want to voice my two cents on this company..I did one signing for them and it took three months to get paid and then 5.oo short for fax backs that I sent. This little trick did not work for them for a second signing so be aware....they emailed me and told me they had issued a check for my money and it was on the way..next day they called and asked me to do another job..I turned it down unless they wanted to pay upfront and of course that didn't happen! But that check they mailed the day before the second call arrived in almost three weeks...looolll Stupidity reigns with this company!
The old adage that the check is in the mail nooottt!

Shelby burns
Go to Top of Page

cw2usarmyret

Virginia
104 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2014 :  05:47:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Signing Stream business model is based on agreeing to any fee that a Notary quotes in order to get you to do the work and then finding "errors" in your work and "fines you". When you ask what the errors are, you can not be told since they are apparently classified and can not be released to you since they are on a need to know and you are not authorized access to them. They also know that the amount that you are not paid is to small to take any legal action. The short form is they will say anything to get you to do the work and not pay you what they said they will do. As for their threats, I've told them what they can do with them. As a retired U.S. Army Officer, I am a little touchy about dealing with anyone who doesn't like a little thing call freedom of speech and threatens anyone who says something they don't like.

Edited by - cw2usarmyret on 01/03/2014 05:49:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
744 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2014 :  4:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by july1962

Signing Stream is behind a new website called badnotary.com. They have already posted 11 complaints against notaries, including me. I signed up for their website and wrote a rebuttal to their libelous accusations, but they refused to post it. In fact, today they changed the website so notaries couldn't even sign up to participate. They are only allowing loan companies and signing companies to sign up and post complaints. They have also removed the names of the signing companies that listed the first 10 complaints (7 were from SigningSTream and 3 from Loan-Closers.com)

Since then I've found that both signingstream and badnotary use the same hosting company, GoDaddy. badnotary was created on March 14, 2013, and the first complaint was listed the very next day by Signing Stream. I checked their IP addresses, and they are 1 digit different from each other, denoting that they are on the same LAN, just different computer terminals.

Here is the business information for SigningStream in case anyone needs it:

Signing Stream, Inc
Entity # C3517722
940 South Coast Drive #205
Costa Mesa CA 92626

Agent for service: Jennifer Lindquist
6600 Warner Ave #68
Huntington Beach CA 912647

I believe one of the owners is Henry Jawhary
http://henryjawhary.com/

Henry Jawhary, CEO of Search Respect

Henry Jawhary is the Founder and CEO of Search Respect an online reputation management company based in Irvine, California.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/henryjawhary
(Scroll to the bottom...Signing Stream is a company he "follows.")

I have sent complaints to the Secretary of State, the National Notary Assoc., and the Internet Crime Complaint Center.

It is my understanding that they monitor these notary forums.

And they don't want anyone to speak badly of them?

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

dunndor

California
3 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2014 :  3:35:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been in this business for 12 years...and I have a very GOOD--POSITIVE relationship with this agency, their instructions are clear and concise...staff is knowledgeable and payments are on time.
Go to Top of Page

carnwadrick

California
5 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2014 :  3:04:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit carnwadrick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Reading all these posts I am thinking they must be talking about another company because I have had nothing but good experience with the Signing Stream that I regularly receive 10 - 15 assignments per month and usually get paid in less than 60 days. Sure some docs are not ready on time but that is the lenders fault and maybe it would nice if the Scheduler called the borrower instead of leaving it up to the Notary but personally I prefer to take that task so I can adjust my schedule and not lose the assignment.
Gordon@mobilenotary1.com
Go to Top of Page

007Notary

California
88 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2013 :  05:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit 007Notary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hilarious. I want whatever drugs these guys are doing!

007Notary
Go to Top of Page

Tennessee
8 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2013 :  11:55:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be careful posting on this company. I got called for an assignment today and was reviewing your post. When I read their agreement is states the following, "Non-Disparagement

You agree that you will not, in any communication with any person or entity, including any actual or potential customer, client, investor, vendor, or business partner of Company, or any third-party media outlet, make any derogatory, disparaging or critical negative statements, orally, written or otherwise, against Company or any of Company’s managers, directors, officers and employees. Nothing herein shall prevent you from testifying truthfully in connection with any litigation, arbitration or administrative proceeding when compelled by subpoena, regulation or court order to do so.

In the event you breach any component of this Non-Disparagement clause at any time, you acknowledge and agree that it would be impractical or extremely difficult to ascertain the amount of actual damages to Company. For this reason, you agree that any violation of the Non-Disparagement provision of this Agreement shall result in the imposition of liquidated damages, and not as a penalty, in the amount of Four-Thousand Dollars ($4,000.00), per each occurrence, to be paid by you to Signing Stream, which represents the reasonable compensation for the loss incurred because of the breach." I called back and turned down the assignment.

Pamela L. Roberson
Go to Top of Page

Retiredkop

Colorado
6 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2013 :  4:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They booked a signing 4 days prior to the required date. The day before, no paperwork, 6 hours prior no paperwork, 4 hours prior no paperwork. I gave them an option, paperwork two hours prior to signing to allow for printing and travel. I updated the borrower. No paperwork at the time of the scheduled signing, I called and e-mailed, no answer. So I called the borrower are apologized for not having the documents. Yes, they were more than angry, and took it out on me. 2 hours after the appointed time I got notice that the paperwork was ready for printing. When I called them, they matter of factly said oh well I hope you called the borrower and explained. I refused to accept the now late assignment, they offered $20.00 more. I declined
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
744 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2013 :  1:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I read about them here.
They called with a 65$ edoc refi.
I declined.

My thanks to all who posted the warnings.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

closer4u

Tennessee
14 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2013 :  09:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have complete 2 closings for them. They deducted $ 5.00 for each closing & they never advise they we doing it or explained why. According to them, I can't charged them a late fee, s thy can pay me whenever hey want. Great business policy. Wish I could jus arrive at a closing when it a convenient for me!! If they are so petty about payments, my accountant said they obviously have money problems and I should do business with them. They will eventually not pay at all. Something to think about. I have informed them to remove me from their system. Who needs he headache.
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Notary

California
14 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2013 :  5:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally received payment from them last week for a signing I did in May it was over 90 days! I requested to be removed and would no longer work for them.... now still waiting for 1 payment for a Notary I did in June....I really don't appreciate having to chase payments...
Go to Top of Page

closer4u

Tennessee
14 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2013 :  2:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have completed 2 signings for this company. Low fees, poor communication and long period of time to get checks. PLUS they will deduct for various reasons. Did a closing on May 20th and finally received the check on July 26th after emailing 7 times and no reply.
Still waiting for payment on June 15th. I have requested they remove me from their system. Don't have time to deal with companies who feel we are nothing.
Go to Top of Page

cw2usarmyret

Virginia
104 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2013 :  6:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Job on 18 May, email on 18 Jul telling me I'll be paid. Check received 22 July.

Check short do to no Fax Backs (which were never requested) and QC "failures". After 2 requests, have not been told what my QC issues were. Apparently they are classified and based on a "need to know" and it would seem to be that I am not authorized access.
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Notary

California
14 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  4:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did 2 signings for them one in May and one in June sent numerous invoices all came back as wrong address, called and got sent to voice-mail and it says the mail box is full. I called and finally spoke to someone who gave me a email accounting@signingstream.com, emailed them and was told they pay at 60 days and would be processing one of my invoices but hadn't received payment yet for June. Will not be doing business with them anymore! I don't appreciate getting the run around!
Go to Top of Page

California
2 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2013 :  11:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I accidently hit the "dislike" on this post. I suppose that is accurate in the way that I dislike what they did to you. I took several jobs from this company based on their fee. Every single check I received was discounted for various infractions. Even when I pointed out that I had phone records of faxing and calling in they were not going to budge. (I did not use the words "checking in" when I called.) I merely stated that I was at the Smith signing.
The is one really nice thing about this company, they send an email showing you that your check is on the way and it details the discounts. That helped me tremendously as I had just taken an assignment from them when the first check was cut. I was able to call and cancel in plenty of time for them to find another notary.
quote:
Originally posted by garyw148

They will short your fee's from $5 to $25 depending on what they say you did not do for them. $5 if for not calling them once you arrive at the borrowers location. $25 when they say they did not agree to pay extra for fax backs. Another $5 for not checking in on their QC site even if you did. They do pay after 60 days but your fee will be short. If they do $5 or $10 short to every notary, that saves them a lot over time.

Gary Williamson

Leave a mark, not a scar.
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2013 :  1:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was sent an inquiry email by this new agency on a job in my area. They asked for my fee. Has anyone had any experiences with them? I generally don't take on new agencies this way.

Their info:

Signing Stream, Inc.
Attn: Notary Signing Requests
P.O. Box 4349
Huntington Beach, CA 92605

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.