123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 The Closer, LLC - Charlotte, NC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 2 people disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RRusto

New York
6 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  1:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I erred! I was really talking about The Closing Group from Kentucky. Sorry.

Robert H. Ruston
Go to Top of Page

RRusto

New York
6 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  1:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ridiculous requests received offering ludicrous low fee, e.g., 200+ page VA loan to download, and to travel 85 miles one way for $80. Only a novice Notary might take The Closer up on such thing.

Robert H. Ruston
Go to Top of Page

Katetroy

5 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2014 :  3:39:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just received a call and accepted an assignment, an Application. They wanted to pay me $70. I told them $80 but when they sent me the confirmation, I noted that it set forth that I would be responsible for paying for return shipment. I said no way and goodbye.
Go to Top of Page

Ruth Simons

36 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2014 :  1:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ruth Simons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have completed quite a few signings for The Closer, LLC, and on some, I have been paid right at the 30 day mark, and others, closer to 60 days. I think it matters as to when in their pay cycle you complete your signing, unfortunately. The Closer, LLC packages are normally fairly large, with a lot of Title Docs, so if you have to wait 60 days to get paid, I guess you must weigh the pros and cons of doing the signings for them, but I have not ever had any problems with actually getting paid. They have always paid me for my work.
Go to Top of Page

signrocket

Florida
8 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2014 :  1:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slow Pay, when called I asked "when do you pay the Notary?" they said "30 days", well now it is 45 days and accounting acts like they have no idea what the scheduling dept. is doing. If you can afford to finance your costs for the benefit of a signing company, these people are for you. If we all stopped working for signing companies that do not pay, believe it or not the work would come directly from the title companies. We need to band together to show the title companies that the NOTARIES are the ONLY CALL TO MAKE. Good Bye to the rip off signing companies who do nothing other than make phone calls and lie to the notaries.
Go to Top of Page

patricia2001

California
9 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2013 :  6:09:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edelske

quote:
Originally posted by smcohn

I have also been working for the Closer for awhile time now. I was found through Notary Cafe. Their fees are non-negotiable at $95. Occasionally they will provide a $5 distance fee if it is over 20 miles. Never any payment issues (within 45 days) and only one mess up contacting borrowers. The U.S. operation seems organized.

The really annoying part is that they use a call center based in the Phillipines. They use mapquest and have no idea of distance vs. obstacles vs. traffic. They do call alot for areas outside my service area, but if I want the calls I just politely decline to ones that don't suit my needs. No sense in being rude to those just doing their jobs. Quantity justifies the annoyance and low-ball fee.

Occasionally they will provide a $5 distance fee if it is over 20 miles.

That is Funny! Those 500 pennies does not even pay for the gas!

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com

Patricia Stephens
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2013 :  4:02:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smcohn

I have also been working for the Closer for awhile time now. I was found through Notary Cafe. Their fees are non-negotiable at $95. Occasionally they will provide a $5 distance fee if it is over 20 miles. Never any payment issues (within 45 days) and only one mess up contacting borrowers. The U.S. operation seems organized.

The really annoying part is that they use a call center based in the Phillipines. They use mapquest and have no idea of distance vs. obstacles vs. traffic. They do call alot for areas outside my service area, but if I want the calls I just politely decline to ones that don't suit my needs. No sense in being rude to those just doing their jobs. Quantity justifies the annoyance and low-ball fee.

Occasionally they will provide a $5 distance fee if it is over 20 miles.

That is Funny! Those 500 pennies does not even pay for the gas!

Kenneth A Edelstein
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2013 :  3:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They called me yesterday and I knew it was them so I didn't pick up. They can take their job and shove it.

quote:
Originally posted by a1etron

Did a very difficult closing for these guys back in May promised to be paid in 2 weweks it is now July they still have not paid excuse after excuse avoid or be a sucker and work for free. I called Boston National to get paid and they refereed me back to these guys. Simple answer is they are using the fee for your closing to run their business and pay themselves and their bills. Their is some guy named Holden there now that is bad business excuses after excuses. I will guarantee that they all got paid on time or they would be gone, so sorry for you notary that put up all the upfront $$ to close this thing. Avoid.

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@hotmail.com

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

MAHLG

North Carolina
23 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  5:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a closing 5/24/13 and received payment 6/29/13. The whole process with them went rather smoothly. Today I received a Vendor Package from Pablo to sign up with company. They do handhold, but I am finding they are not the only one!

mgarcia
Go to Top of Page

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  09:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did a very difficult closing for these guys back in May promised to be paid in 2 weweks it is now July they still have not paid excuse after excuse avoid or be a sucker and work for free. I called Boston National to get paid and they refereed me back to these guys. Simple answer is they are using the fee for your closing to run their business and pay themselves and their bills. Their is some guy named Holden there now that is bad business excuses after excuses. I will guarantee that they all got paid on time or they would be gone, so sorry for you notary that put up all the upfront $$ to close this thing. Avoid.

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Annet

California
9 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  4:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard from the closer today, strange feeling, pablo not around, payments slower then usual, still waiting for february, and no calls from them today, they usually call every day. annet

annet forrest
Go to Top of Page

smcohn

California
17 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2013 :  10:30:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit smcohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

kimcole132

North Carolina
100 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2013 :  11:21:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love working for the The Closer with the exception of all the "hand-holding" calls I receive. Been doing this a long time and know to look at the HUD for funds due, etc.
Go to Top of Page

ALNOTARY

Alabama
50 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  12:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit ALNOTARY's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the staff at The Closer, LLC, they are awesome! I have had no payment issues with this company. I get my docs in a timely manner and they pay reasonably! I close out my signings with them right on my smart phone! Very, very convenient!
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  11:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I faxed a cancellation of my contract to a particular person at The Closer and understand from my contact of a certain service provider they've finally removed me from their call list. Regardless, this morning during the time The Closer has normally called I noted I was getting a "Blocked" ID number on my phone that I've investigated after multiple calls as being a fax machine. The machine continues to call my phone as of this afternoon. This has never happened before on my business line and yes I do have suspicions the creeps at The Closer are carrying on after months of this harassing behavior. There are clearly some strange people at this agency who insist on harassing me for not working for their agency the past several weeks. It must be tough to find agents or something. All I know is these people have been crazy in their methods of endless annoyance and outright harassment.

quote:
Originally posted by notaryslife

Just to confirm, The Closer still calls me every morning and when hung up on, calls back right away as many as three times. They've been told and emailed I don't work for them anymore because they only call for signings outside areas I cover and have been slow to pay. (see below)

quote:

I've done a couple signings for them. They're slow paying, multiple unwanted phone calls with offers outside my area I don't service, harassment that knows no end of my business when they're told I don't work for them anymore. These gooks operate a questionable operation. Non-human, they don't acknowledge requests not to be contacted and I've tried everything from faxes to emails. You hang up on them after seeing their incoming call on an iPhone and they will call back forcing you to hang up three more times. If you tell them to*****off, the same man will call again with a voice mail. This agency's the epitome of a nuisance with this kind of unwarranted activity.

What they need is a restraining order. Honestly, they don't stop. Really crazy agency.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  11:22:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to confirm, The Closer still calls me every morning and when hung up on, calls back right away as many as three times. They've been told and emailed I don't work for them anymore because they only call for signings outside areas I cover and have been slow to pay. (see below)

quote:

I've done a couple signings for them. They're slow paying, multiple unwanted phone calls with offers outside my area I don't service, harassment that knows no end of my business when they're told I don't work for them anymore. These gooks operate a questionable operation. Non-human, they don't acknowledge requests not to be contacted and I've tried everything from faxes to emails. You hang up on them after seeing their incoming call on an iPhone and they will call back forcing you to hang up three more times. If you tell them to*****off, the same man will call again with a voice mail. This agency's the epitome of a nuisance with this kind of unwarranted activity.

What they need is a restraining order. Honestly, they don't stop. Really crazy agency.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Edited by - notaryslife on 02/07/2013 11:24:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

pdl lady

California
38 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  1:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was shorted $5.00 I emailed them the confirmation showing the amount agreed upon, they did not acknowledge the correct fee.

Mary Poncedeleon
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  11:00:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  07:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hurry up and take advantage of what is likely to be a one or two day special offer !!

The Closer just RAISED their standard $90 edoc fee all the way up to $95!!

One small condition: You must be willing to go out into Hurricane Sandy to process the edoc!

FIVE BUCKS more, for taking a chance - shows what they think our lives are worth.

Kenneth A Edelstein

Edited by - edelske on 10/29/2012 07:51:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2012 :  03:02:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't a demand already a bit premature? Most SS's pay at about the 30-day mark. It's rare I get paid in less than 30 days.

Hope you haven't burned any bridges here with the aggressive collections.

Good luck

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

catmama47

81 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2012 :  6:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit catmama47's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a signing for this company back on August 20, 2012, have not received payment.

I had sent Pablo, the Operations Manager an e mail. Got an e mail dated Sept. 10, 2012 telling me that a check was going to be cut that Friday.

Just checked my maildrop box today Sept. 22, 2012, still no payment. I sent the accounting dept. an e mail about it.

I also issued a Demand for Payment. Waiting to see what their response is going to be.

Go to Top of Page

Fuzzy1955

Florida
36 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2012 :  6:55:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think Boston National is owned by Suntrust. I get SunTrust business from 3 sources, but none seem to be able to get ST to get docs out timely.

Fuzzy1955
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  04:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep in mind - the owner of The Closers used to work at NOW. Wonder how he managed to lure SunTrust away from NOW to go out on his own.

I liked Pablo - he was always great to work with - I wish him well. I've looked at his signup package - have it on my desk - not sure if I'm sending it in as his fees are about 25% less than mine and I hear they're non-negotiable. But, we shall see.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2012 :  4:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a new signing company. They have been calling me all day and leaving messages. When I call back, no one answers the phone!!! They call again, they low ball ... I'm not going out for $75 or $90. Does anyone know this company or worked for them? I'd like to hear from you! Thanks, Pat in MD

The Closer, LLC
53 Bishop Creek Dr
Safety Harbor, FL34695
http://thecloserllc.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.