123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 North American Signing Service - Livermore CA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

onestop

North Carolina
1 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2014 :  06:57:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was called about a signing from North American. I was reluctant to accept the job because of questionable comments on notary forums. I expressed my concerns with Courtney Orlando. She told me I would be paid in two weeks. I completed the RM app on 10-9-2014. I was paid on 10-24-2014 for the agreed upon fee. Courtney was reachable and professional from day one until I was paid.
Go to Top of Page

Texas
9 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2014 :  04:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit 28054's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't hold your breathe waiting on anything from this company!

quote:
Originally posted by cw2usarmyret

I did not check all reviews. Now understand NR rating of only 2.5 stars. After 45 days, "payment will be taking care of".

If you like to play "chase your payment" then do not check all reviews. File this under the headings of "Deal with at your own risk" and "I do not mind waiting".

Robert Owens
Go to Top of Page

lcox60

Illinois
22 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2014 :  10:00:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I received a call on Friday for a Noon closing today, they neglected to tell me it was a reverse mtg on the phone, I was going to let it go until I saw what kind of package it was, but it is now Noon and I have not received documents, I have been emailing with Courtney and she is only able to say they are working on documents, to push out the time on the closing. I responded by letting her know she would have to find another notary, as my afternoon is already scheduled. I called the borrower and let them know I had not received docs yet, so someone would be calling to reschedule with her, then I came here to look up, glad I am not doing now that I see their payment issues.
Go to Top of Page

timgatewood

Tennessee
27 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  09:15:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit timgatewood's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NASS was a very good client for me for several years. Mostly, they do reverse mortgages, or, at least, that is what type business they have called me about. Their packages were rather small at first, but have creeped up in size. In March of 2013, I downgraded them in my records from a Good Client to a Slow Pay client after I had to call them to get paid AND they sent me a post-dated check!

In over 11 years as an NSA, I have never received a post-dated check from a client. So, that was a shocker and a very unwelcome first.

I just accepted a new assignment from them recently and the package came in today -- 175 pages! I called them to ask about some of the pages and to let them know that a fee adjustment would be needed since this package is considerably larger than the usual 100-130 pages for refis and is even large for a reverse mortgage. Courtney Orlando said she would "see what she could do" and email me back.

I mentioned the late payment and the post-dated check. She got very defensive and flatly said that is in the hands of the bank as to when checks are issued and when they are dated and they have no intention of changing banks. I asked about direct deposit and she said very few Notaries want that; I asked if they had offered it and gauged the response or were just basing this opinion on how many asked for it out of the blue. Again, she got very defensive.

At this point, I would have to rate NASS as a neutral at best, which is too bad, as they used to be a good positive client.

If you have not yet been paid, I suggest calling them at 925-243-1808 or 925-922-1118 (I believe the 2nd number may be Courtney's mobile number -- don't tell her where you got it) AND emailing her at courtney@northamericansigning.com. She may be denying responsiblity for what their chosen bank is doing about the checks, but she should still respond if you they owe you money.

quote:
Originally posted by 28054

quote:
Originally posted by jbelmont

Has anyone worked for this company?

I did one signing for this company on 6/29/13. It is now 8/13/13, and payment has not been made. Emails are not replied to, phone calls not returned.
Will post if payment is ever made.

Robert Owens

Tim Gatewood
Notary Memphis
Traveling Notary, Signing Agent, Field Inspector & Ordained Minister
Serving Memphis & west Tenn.
Go to Top of Page

Texas
9 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2013 :  7:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit 28054's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jbelmont

I did one signing for this company on 6/29/13. It is now 8/13/13, and payment has not been made. Emails are not replied to, phone calls not returned.
Will post if payment is ever made.

Robert Owens
Go to Top of Page

kajalgh1

Maryland
5 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  2:00:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you get pay or still waiting?

quote:
Originally posted by Pheasant

I have done 2 signings for this company this year; one in April and one in June. I have not been paid for either one. When I call and leave messages, I do not get a return call.

Go to Top of Page

kajalgh1

Maryland
5 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  1:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you get paid? I just had a phone call from them today, I want to make sure that they will pay me, since they agree with my fee right away!
Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by ollie

We accepted an assignment from them w/net 30. The fee is not yet due, however, we will keep you informed about their behavior.

Go to Top of Page

Pheasant

Alaska
2 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  2:31:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done 2 signings for this company this year; one in April and one in June. I have not been paid for either one. When I call and leave messages, I do not get a return call.
Go to Top of Page

ollie

Florida
30 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2012 :  9:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We accepted an assignment from them w/net 30. The fee is not yet due, however, we will keep you informed about their behavior.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  5:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.