123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Title Resource Group - TRG
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

indigoinvestigations

Michigan
10 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2015 :  2:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit indigoinvestigations's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK so here is the thing. Candice Lanier needs to be boycotted by all notaries everywhere. I refused to work for her after she set me up with a bilingual signing with mileage for the distance, etcetera. Took her over four months to finally pay me and she did not remember the additional $ she had promised. So this week I get a signing offer for Title Resource Group / Chris Loach rep. When I responded I was told it was assigned to another notary. Day before the signing, I am contacted by telephone to confirm the signing. When I returned the call it rang through to - drum roll - Convenient Closers.

I am guessing there is no Chris Loach. This is Candice Lanier playing fast and loose with the integrity that should come with the responsibility for a signing. Plus, she doesn't pay.

ceb193 comments are right on.

hello

hello
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2015 :  1:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had the TRG and Field Choice experience today. Never again. Now for round two, getting paid.
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  04:40:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After 4 months, finally got paid my $100 for a docs to b one. Only took a few phone calls, dozens of e-mails and sending them their order several times because they couldn't find it, a W9 multiple times, a bunch of invoices. Have about as much time into trying to get paid as the signing took.

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.
Go to Top of Page

MsLisa

New York
18 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  09:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first and only job I did for this company was back in January 2012. I did get paid,however, since that time I've learned what companies are good to work for and what companies to stay away from. TRG has not called me for any signings and at this point I would stay away from them. My experience with them was not favorable. Anyone getting into this business should visit the forums as often as possible and read the reviews on the signing companies. NotaryRotary has a great section for this, the companies have a star rating. Five star companies are the best and those are the only ones I will work for now. They pay well and you are actually respected!!

Lisa Cirillo
Go to Top of Page

Grandy

North Carolina
32 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  08:08:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a NC Notary and have made repeated calls and e-mails to this company. Finally reached Candace who told me to be patient - they were really behind. Wait another 3 weeks and then call again. I completed the signing October 3rd, this is Nov. 14th. I would advise that you be very careful about working for this company.
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2012 :  1:14:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still haven't gotten check from June signing, but am making 'progress'...if you call 'send us another invoice' progress.
Never again.

Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2012 :  10:55:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When called, TRG will not refer you to an accounts payable rep claiming you should send your past due invoice notice to the scheduler who called you. I did and they didn't respond. I also denoted no fax number or address to contact them with, all tell tale signs of hiding from collection efforts.

TRG's a time consuming entity that thinks nothing of taking up your time over its problems with internal organization and communications. They have no computer system updating your calls in about signings, etc so they have multiple callers contact you taking up your time over their difficulties.

During the busiest time of month and season, they gave 24 hours notice request for a webnair training which amounted to really making sure you get the customer survey filled out by the customer. In their request for attendance, they denoted only those who attended would be given signing work. When signed into the webnair they didn't even have the courtesy to be on time taking up more valuable time. The presentation was as lame as they come by some cold fish mumbling depressed sounding presenter who wasn't projecting his voice.

When contacting their notary division about the webnair their company requested, they didn't have any information on the dial in number and some woman with a severe cold answered the phone. They didn't seem to even know there was a webnair request of notary signing agents, that's how disorganized this company is. When an email was sent to the originator of the webmair invite who had sent multiple crazy emails claiming the request was a "success" and people were enthusiastic to be trained by TRG, he didn't respond to my question for dial in instructions. I had to call someone to get him to send the information.

They also make excuses of low balling offers claiming the HUD doesn't get funded with the notary fee for very wealthy borrowers claiming they have to dig down into their pockets to pay you. They offer $85 sending paperwork directly to borrower so you have no idea the transaction is out of the ordinary for extremely wealthy clients who certainly could pay for your fee through the HUD.

I haven't been paid for an invoice since 8/27/12 and they are thus far non responsive. I had sent a complaint to their corporate headquarters over all the phone and email harassment I had encountered from them. Clearly when it comes to doing something on behalf of the signing agent, they're silent. Users! Greed! Impersonal! Cattle herders!

Title Resource Group = Black Hole and suspected subdivision of the escrow company that has a strategy in making excuses why their wealthy borrowers don't pay for the notary fee deliberately left out of the HUD thus forcing poor TRG to dig down deep in their pockets they can barely afford to pay you.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Edited by - notaryslife on 10/18/2012 11:15:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sergio

California
2 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2012 :  07:16:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sergio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done dozens with TRG. Every company has a different communication system, signing status procedure, accounting, etc. I receive payment on time but it's a good policy to get as much info as you can from borrower(especially if Hispanic) and Scheduler.

quote:
Originally posted by Lee-AR

Going on 3 months with no pay for the one & only I did for them last June.

Calling or e-mailing about the payment is about as effective as putting a message in a bottle & tossing it in the ocean.

They've been 'researching' for a month & a half now. Everybody I talk to has to refer it to someone else. Guess research consists of hoping somebody else will check it out.

Sergio Musetti
http://aSpanishMobileNotary.com
http://WestSacramentoNotary.com
http://CaliforniaApostille.us
www.PingVOIP.com
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2012 :  04:36:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going on 3 months with no pay for the one & only I did for them last June.

Calling or e-mailing about the payment is about as effective as putting a message in a bottle & tossing it in the ocean.

They've been 'researching' for a month & a half now. Everybody I talk to has to refer it to someone else. Guess research consists of hoping somebody else will check it out.

Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2012 :  1:47:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This agency really sticks out as being disorganized and ridiculous of what they expect of the loan signing agent. I've had so many unnecessary phone calls from them because their people don't communicate with each other of the status. They have no computerized close out system for the LSA to enter which adds to their confusion.

First let me say I've had very high end borrowers through this company yet they highly undercut the LSA fee claiming it "comes out of their own pockets" at TRG because the title company doesn't finance the fee through the borrower.

That's right, this title company didn't ask a multi-million dollar tycoon with a $17,000,000 property to pay my fee in its HUD/settlement statement. In other words, they're reducing LSA's to an oversight which requires digging into the pockets of those at TRG so they're unwilling to pay a fair fee. I was offered $85 for docs sent to the borrower. I believe they did this so as to prevent me from seeing the worth of the property. It was plenty of work worthy of my usual $100 fee. This couple has dozens of million dollar properties all over the world in addition to their mansion I helped refinance.

In view of their farce set up to cut LSA fees to a minimum for these wealthy people, and I've had two signings with very wealthy people thus far with them, I've noted how they blame the signing agent for their own system's flaws. I recently had an email at the busiest time of month requesting all the TRG signing agents to attend a 15 minute LSA training that would affect getting future work from them if one didn't attend. They gave us one day lead time and an additional two days to participate.

I listened today for 10 minutes and it was basic LSA 101 stuff, really ridiculous petty idiotic things they requested, like being 10 minutes early to the signing or call if you can't make it 10 minutes early. They continued to request ridiculous things any good LSA would know and that we dress professionally, etc. When they take up my time to tell me to make sure to have the borrower fill out the customer survey form, that really pisses me off! From my point of view this teleconference/webnair request was disgraceful and a waste of time. They could have conveyed the same information with an email and asked us to check off acknowledgement of the info. Or they could have sent it over in their contract and terminated those who didn't follow instructions as other agencies do.

Imagine this kind of agency that undercuts fees for $17 million properties and then calls up LSA's for teleconferences to remind them of these basic LSA duties?

In my view and experience, TRG is arrogant. They think nothing to summon a businss owner without any lead time for their "training" as if we're all guilty of needing help out here.

I wrote them an email if they can't meet my fees, not to call me. The last job I had for them was so ridiculous I got all these crazy phone calls from their confused staff. They need to improve their own internal systems while getting better fees for their LSA's. For now, they've got a real problem.

First paycheck came within one week of signing. All others are still outstanding, one up to 30 days now.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Edited by - notaryslife on 09/25/2012 2:27:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

notaryatl

Georgia
4 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2012 :  10:29:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit notaryatl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have never had this particular problem with TRG. I have worked with them several times and though things have not always gone smoothly I have always gotten paid. They pay the fastest of any company I work for.
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  11:56:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had it happen with a different company, where I was told that I didn't send the Note back. They eventually found it. Turns out they had put it in the wrong file, after they had received the package and taken the docs out!

Edited by - CopperheadVA on 01/31/2012 11:57:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

judyweddle

Washington
7 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  09:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not with this company, but i have had this happen several times. one time, i had an office clerk call me back after her supervisor reamed me out about some of the pages missing and that it must be a notary error. the clerk told me she over heard the supervisor on the phone to me and called to let me know the office fan had blown several pages of my package behind the desk. now, i take criticism from these people with a grain of salt.

judy weddke
Go to Top of Page

MsLisa

New York
18 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  08:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just did a closing with this company. I sent the docs back via their return label. They called me this morning and told me the notarized docs were not in the package. I know I put them in the package because I went through everything twice to make sure I wouldn't make a mistake. I explained all this and said I have a copy, let me look. The woman asked why I made a copy of the docs and said for this reason, you're telling me those are the documents that are missing. I have copies the originals were sent back. She told me they get the package and scan the docs then go through them manually. So, I'm thinking they lost them on their end. Has anyone else had this experience with this company. I'm wondering if this is a ploy so they won't have to pay me.

Lisa Cirillo
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.