123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Free For All
 Does This Warrant Serious Action?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Angela V

California
40 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  11:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Angela V's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Made me laugh : )

quote:
Originally posted by edelske

Time Wounds all Heels.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com

Angela V
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2012 :  2:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Time Wounds all Heels.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

Angela V

California
40 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  11:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Angela V's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great advice Lee.

Angela V
Go to Top of Page

DianaNotary

California
171 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  5:28:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit DianaNotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As long as you stick to the "books" (i mean notary law) you know that you are doing the right thing and have a piece of mind.
Notary law is different in other countries and notaries have quite different roles. I bet you the attorney knows that- so if you communicate that to the attorney i am sure he/she won't make you do something illegal...

just my 2 cents....

http://www.DianaNotary.com
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  9:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much for your wisdom on this issue. I appreciate it. I think I'll move on and let it go.
quote:
Originally posted by Lee-AR

I realize you are left holding the short end of the stick.
I realize that you did the right thing.

You gave yourself the best advice in another thread on the same topic... "Don't get involved with an attorney".

Whether or not you turn him in, you will most likely not ever work for this company again. Just the way it is. Life is not always fair. Truth, Justice and the American Way does not always win the day. Just move on.

In some form or another, this has (or will) happen to everyone. Just remember that when one door closes another will open. Stop fixiating on the closed door and look around for the one that's opening.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  9:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I realize you are left holding the short end of the stick.
I realize that you did the right thing.

You gave yourself the best advice in another thread on the same topic... "Don't get involved with an attorney".

Whether or not you turn him in, you will most likely not ever work for this company again. Just the way it is. Life is not always fair. Truth, Justice and the American Way does not always win the day. Just move on.

In some form or another, this has (or will) happen to everyone. Just remember that when one door closes another will open. Stop fixiating on the closed door and look around for the one that's opening.

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  7:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How many times are you going to ask the same question? This is the third time you've posted this issue - if you do a search for your own name you'll see we discussed this on 11/22/11 and 12/9/11...

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  4:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had an attorney from NY (I'm in another state) contact me about a foreign consulate (non-Hague) rejecting my lawful Jurat wanting me to add additional redundant language. He had a paralegal arrange a three way teleconference with me. He proceeded to say he couldn't believe the foreign consulate would reject my notarization and that I must not be doing something right, that quote "they must do hundreds of these a day".

I ensured him I had done my job correctly. I was told by other sources the only thing I could do in the situation was add an additional sentence and sign it, but not in the capacity of being a notary public. Though I didn't even want to do it, I agreed to do it and told the attorney I could not do it as a notary public. He agreed so I sent it over.

The attorney then sent an email saying he needed me to sign it as a notary public. I wrote I could not. He then called me and I kept having to tell him no, it was unlawful. I then forwarded him the Gov't Code.

The consulate got the Gov't code and approved my notarization and I never heard back from the client. The client discontinued my services over this dispute with the consulate I would imagine primarily due to my lack of cooperation with their attorney.

Should I do anything about this matter of this attorney's violation of my state's law to attempt to get me to perform an unlawful notary act?

What would you do, especially if you think they stopped using you (I made about $100 a week from this client) because you followed the law?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.