123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Posts not related to getting paid
 Is it possible to make a living as a NSA?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IntegrityNotary

69 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2011 :  7:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Totally agree. I'm finding the same problems. Docs are sloppy and ill-prepared. I feel like my job has drastically turned into trying to find out where all the mistakes are. It's not whether or not a package WILL have errors but will you be able to find them all before you go to the signing.

Not to mention having to correct rude loan officers in front of the borrowers-one who insisted that there was a four day recission period and another who told their client they had a 3 day right of recission on an investment property!

Most calls are from last minute low-ballers. It seems as though the scenario of anyone who pays well, has docs on time, and meeting borrowers wbo are well-informed has disappeared. I'm trying to hang in there but this business is dwindling into a stressful, walking on eggshells predicament.
Go to Top of Page

suncita

California
7 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2011 :  3:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit suncita's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am disturbed at the way things are done in this business in California.

1. Title Companies won't touch you unless you have been approved by their legal departments. After you waste time sending them all your credentials and they finally approve you, they still don't call you. They prefer to call a signing agency who will call you or anyone else who may be available, experience or not.
2. The mayority of signing agencies call trying to convince you to go to an assignment for the lowest price possible. I have been offered $60 to do a loan signing for a spanish speaking borrower at a location more than 40 minutes away from my house, at 8:00 p.m. Of course I have told them that I can also do windows and politely say that I don't start my car for less than $125 per Spanish loan signing. Sometimes they accept and I go. Others, they say they have to get approval and never call back.
3. Lately, all loan signings are done at the last minute. The signing agency calls in a hurry for a signing within an hour. If you say you can't do it and they are desperate, they beg, because they cannot find anyone else, they will offer you the moon and the stars for you to accept. Once you accept, you wait and you wait for the docs. I have had a few experiences like this and wound up arriving late at my first signing or losing the signing because the borrower does not want to wait.
4. Being that Escrow Agents do things at the last time, I have had at least 3 cases within the last 3 weeks where the HUD is wrong. Trying to sort this out when you arrive at the signing table makes the signing take that much longer, making it difficult to have more than one signing back-to-back.
5. It's always the notary's fault. I went to a signing last week on a Friday at 8:00 p.m. the Escrow Officer forgot to include the last two pages of the HUD (including the signature page). On Monday I got a call from the signing agency saying that I forgot to include the two last pages of the HUD and that the Escrow Officer said that I was responsible for the missing pages. I told the signing agency that I had already mentioned to them that these pages were missing and that they should check the docs they sent to me. They looked and apologized for the mix up.
Is there a secret I don't know about? Or am I the only notary who is having these types of problems.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.