123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Safir Signing Agents, LLC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jwchick

Illinois
Colombia
1 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  6:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did 2 loan applications for them for Emery Federal CU and they tried giving me the runaround. I simply filed a complaint against both with the MD AG's office. It's gotten Emery's attention since the payment was supposidly coming from them. Since the loan was for a mortgage refinance, it fall under the category of mortgage fruad which they don't want to have to answer any questions about.

Janice
Go to Top of Page

mgb1966

Wisconsin
47 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  08:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A notary public can not "invalidate" a notarial act. The fact that the notary did not receive payment has nothing to do with the act itself and there is no process that exists to "invalidate" an instrument after it is recorded. There is no lien created by the debt and would not be a title exception. If the notary were to file an affidavit stating a claim against the real estate by virtue of the debt, that notary could be sued for slander of title. If the notary's name does not appear on the HUD 1 settlement statement, the notary is not even considered to be a party to the transaction.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  03:52:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do you invalidate a notarization?

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

joannieh

Michigan
40 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  03:13:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dawnrin Has the correct information. Kosti is a principal at Genuine Title. His phone number, at least the one I had, has his Genuine Title answering message on it.

When I called to demand payment from Genuine Title when Kosti didn’t pay me they informed me that they are two different entities even though Kosti is a principal of the company.

I informed them that their license to sell Title insurance doesn’t care about the games they are playing. If the notaries are not paid the Deeds are not Valid and the Title Insurance has a BIG FAT issue to deal with.

I always get paid when I remind them that I will have no problem invalidating the notarizations since it is not my actions that is invalidating them.

Thank God Kosti is out of business. Just make sure Genuine pays you. I add the following to all invoices of problematic clients.

Terms are Net 30 unless otherwise agreed.
Late fee of $25.00 accrues on day 31 and each subsequent month thereafter.
Short Pay fee of $25.00 accrues when short payment is received.
All payments are applied to late fees, then Short pay fees, then the original invoice.
Late fees and short pay fees are negotiable in that they can be avoided by paying all invoices timely and in the contracted amount.

Joannie
Go to Top of Page

Hawaii
10 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2012 :  3:42:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have a working number for this company. I did a signing several months ago - they are not responding to emails. I just noticed they gave another signing company's fax number as their own. Anyway of contacting them would be greatly appreciated. DO NOT ACCEPT ORDERS FROM THIS COMPANY!!!
Go to Top of Page

asomerford

North Carolina
18 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  11:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a loan application for Safir in July. I have left many phone and email messages requesting payment. One of the phone numbers on my order was for Genuine Title. When I spoke with a person, she put me on hold and after a while I was disconnected. When I called back I got their voice mail. My next step was to send an email and call Joseph Bugliosi, Loan Officer, Service 1st Mortgage. His calls also went to voice mail and he did not respond to my emails. My assessment of Kosty is that he is a deadbeat. As one client told me, mine is a thankless job. Notaries go through a lot of strange and time consuming situations to get the job done. Without us, the signing companies wouldn't get paid for finding us and transmitting the documents. Many times there are errors in the documents and contact phone numbers are wrong. When the documents are late, the signing company wants me to contact the borrower, which many times incurs a backlash of frustration, disappointment and even anger.
Go to Top of Page

gno996

Michigan
14 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  11:29:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my last experience with Kosty was paid on time even tho the job came from the title company directly..Surprised??? after I was paid I asked to be removed and haven't heard back..
Go to Top of Page

jgdean

North Carolina
21 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  04:42:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit jgdean's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got an email from Shannon who told me Kosty Safir is out of business. I guess we're all screwed if he owed you money.

The first to call in N. Central North Carolina!
Go to Top of Page

notarybill

California
24 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  6:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did I read somwhere that Paul Gambs from Pacific Signing was trying to work thru these guys also?
Go to Top of Page

mapsypam

North Carolina
42 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  4:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dodged this bullet! Thanks! Mr. Edelstein...did they pay you up front? I thought about offering that option to them.-Thanks

Pamela Philyaw
Go to Top of Page

macheek

California
6 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  12:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit macheek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had emailed Kosty, he ignored it, i emailed Jay, he ingnored it. I called Genuine title, let emails and faxed my invoice. i also emailed them this: " If I do not hear from you in three days, I will be filing a complaint with the Better business Business and the Maryland insurance administration, for theft of services. If necessary, I can also file a 1099-C with the IRS. "
Received my check in 10 days!! good luck all!

Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  10:44:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I politely inform unknown or low rated companies that they require an A+ BBB rating AND positive reviews on 123 and Rotary. Lacking proper credit qualification - I can accept their work on a prepaid (to my PayPal account) basis.

It does not matter if you have to make this requirement known after you accept the assignment. Just do it in a reasonable time, when you have a chance to do your "due diligence" prior to extending credit.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  1:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All due respect but you notaries need to check out who you're working for. Posts in this thread alone go back to summer of 2011 and there are 3 other threads about this company on this website all about non-payment or problems with payment.

Check the companies before you take the jobs - work better not harder and cut your losses from having to chase your money, or chasing it forever and never getting paid.

The job done on 10/31/11 and 11/30/11 should never have been taken - IF the person did their research and made informed choices - that's what these forums are for...to protect notaries from predatory services and to help them make informed choices.

JMO

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com

Edited by - LindaH on 02/01/2012 1:48:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

macheek

California
6 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  12:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit macheek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I, too, have been burned by them! did a signing on 11/30, no phone calls back, no replies to emails. I just emailed Jay, today, will see if he replies.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

New York
1 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  1:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not very encouraged by all the postings I am reading about this company! I too have been working at getting my payment for 3 weeks now for a closing I did on October 31st. Kosty never replies to emails, answers calls or returns any messages. I spoke with Jay from Genuine Title today who only told me to fax him my invoice. I have no idea if or when I will get paid. If you have any more specifics about a way to be successful, please let me know!

Go to Top of Page

DenverLoanNotary

Colorado
4 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  10:31:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit DenverLoanNotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Finally paid after 4 months AND a call to the title company, who said, "yes I hear this a lot....(sigh)....I'll take care of it." Payment arrived within a week.

Darcy J Truppo
Go to Top of Page

Sabrinasehl

Florida
9 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  11:08:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am happy to report I have received payment today! It was long awaited. Here's to hoping it clears. I really think we need to start reporting these companies, If more notaries report them we might be able to get rid of the non-payers

quote:
Originally posted by Sabrinasehl

Congrats! I've also been working on getting paid for over 4mo. Shannon called two weeks ago to handle a closings for them, that opened up her not paying me and she emailed Jay while on the phone with me to mail payment for 3 closings asap this was Nov 15. I've followed up twice since then the first time he told me check was in the mail and then yesterday told me he would mail check today after I told him I was reporting him to the BBB and his underwriter. I hope I have the same success. But thanks to you I also filed a complaint with Maryland Insurance Admin and now I'm going to the BBB. I work really hard for my money especially now with all the companies cutting fees etc. and to top it off with all the companies that have decided not to pay it's getting out of control.

quote:
Originally posted by 17910

Just letting people know that I had to file a complaint with the BBB and Maryland Insurance Administration and finally got paid my $90 after 3 months of trying to get it.

It's a shame we have to do this, but now I know better. Haven't ever had this much trouble getting paid, but glad it's over.

Sabrina Sehl

Go to Top of Page

Sabrinasehl

Florida
9 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  4:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats! I've also been working on getting paid for over 4mo. Shannon called two weeks ago to handle a closings for them, that opened up her not paying me and she emailed Jay while on the phone with me to mail payment for 3 closings asap this was Nov 15. I've followed up twice since then the first time he told me check was in the mail and then yesterday told me he would mail check today after I told him I was reporting him to the BBB and his underwriter. I hope I have the same success. But thanks to you I also filed a complaint with Maryland Insurance Admin and now I'm going to the BBB. I work really hard for my money especially now with all the companies cutting fees etc. and to top it off with all the companies that have decided not to pay it's getting out of control.

quote:
Originally posted by 17910

Just letting people know that I had to file a complaint with the BBB and Maryland Insurance Administration and finally got paid my $90 after 3 months of trying to get it.

It's a shame we have to do this, but now I know better. Haven't ever had this much trouble getting paid, but glad it's over.

Sabrina Sehl
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Maryland
1 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  3:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Hawaii
10 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  10:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't been able to get them to respond in over 60 days. I called the LO today and sent him an email to forward to Title. We will see what happens.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2011 :  9:32:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to our blog post about Safir Signing Agents.

http://blog.123notary.com/?p=1847

Go to Top of Page

dawnrin

Illinois
12 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  10:33:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit dawnrin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
His email address is: Jay@genuinetitleinc.com
Be sure to scan and email your past due invoice to him along with your email. Good luck!

Edited by - dawnrin on 09/14/2011 10:33:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

dede1107

Texas
36 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  09:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dawn: What is Jay's email address?
I did a closing for them, last minute on July 26th, Emailed about payment, checks are being sent out late is what I was told.

Thanks
Dana

Dana McKinney
Notary Public TX
Central TX
Go to Top of Page

dawnrin

Illinois
12 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  08:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit dawnrin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I sent an email with my past due invoice to Kosty last week and got no response. On Monday, 9/12, I emailed Jay Zukerberg (President of Genuine Title) stating my past due invoice and if I didn't hear back from them by day's end, I was going to file a complaint with the Maryland Insurance Administration. Jay sent me an email back that a check would be overnighted to me. Lo and behold.. a check arrived by FedEx yesterday. I deposited the check today, hoping it doesn't bounce! I would recommend you all send an email to Jay and explain why you are writing. It sure is a shame that the President of a company has to worry about losing their good name because of ONE GUY!
Go to Top of Page

dawnrin

Illinois
12 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  08:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit dawnrin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just emailed Jay Zukerberg informing him of the fact that I, along with many other signing agents, are not getting paid when promised. That with him being the President of Genuine Title, he should know what is going on with his company. Does he not realize that if he doesn't make sure his notaries are being taken care of, his business will be in the doghouse as we need to all band together and refuse work from them. I emailed him my PAST DUE invoice and told him that if I did not hear something from him TODAY that I was going to file a complaint with the Maryland Insurance Administration this afternoon. I also plan on contacting the Loan Officer advising him that maybe he should find another title company to handle their deals, as Genuine Title is a sham. I'm done playing games with companies that we work so hard for and get treated like yesterday's garbage!!! I will keep you all informed as to the outcome of this.

Dawn Rinchiuso
www.alldaynotary.com
Go to Top of Page

Notary007

60 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  12:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation (MDAT) website, Safir Signing Agents, LLC was formed in Maryland on 4/20/2010.

Principal address listed is:
10 HARTLEY CIR, #616
OWINGS MILLS, MD 21117

As of 7/1/2011, the website reports this company is not in good standing. Check the MDAT website for more information and any future change in status.

http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/UCC-Charter/DisplayEntity_b.aspx?EntityID=W13529201&EntityName=SAFIR SIGNING AGENTS%2c L.L.C.&TabNum=1

The website at http://safirsigning.com was created on 2/2/2011, but does not appear to be in use for displaying business information as of 7/1/2011.

The Maryland SOS Notary Public Database lists Kosty Safir as an expired notary, expiration date 11/14/2009.

http://www.sos.state.md.us/Notary/NotarySearch.aspx

The Better Business Bureau lists Konstantin Safir as a contact person at Genuine Title, LLC. See BBB listing at http://www.bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/title-companies-and-agents/genuine-title-in-owings-mills-md-20015185
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.