123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Equifax
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cw2usarmyret

Virginia
122 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  4:03:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt Morris
Operations Support
Equifax Settlement Services
ph) (214)618-6304
fx) (877)778-3596
email) matt.morris@equifax.com
www.equifax.com/settlementservices

I was told that I had to talk with Matt. All he did was "send it to accounting". He will tell you that you will get an answer in "10 business days" After that, it becomes "we will pay you when we pay you". His job is to stall you. If you become to much of a bother, then they will no longer call you.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  05:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mapsypam

I did receive payment from Equifax for the jobs I commented below on Friday September 30. I was told that from now on this company could take up to 3 months to pay for work because they have to wait until the loans fund. I choose not to work for them right now, but I was also told that the company is hoping to get payment faster sometime in the future. I still dislike that I had to jump through hoops to get payment for the work I did.

Pamela Philyaw

Too funny - loans don't take 3 months to fund. I can't believe they said that to you.

Think they need someone who knows how to negotiate their contracts and manage their accounts a little better. Payment in 3 months as standard procedure is outrageous and, in all honesty, this just sounds to me like they're blowing the proverbial smoke. Wonder how many notaries will accept that payment schedule? If they told me that I'd be insisting I be on the HUD and paid right AT funding.

What a shame. I liked them too.

Linda
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  04:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No way will I work for a copmpany with a standard payment date of 3 months - what are they, crazy? It doesn't take loans 3 months to fund - that reasoning doesn't make sense. This is the type of behavior we've seen before, when other companies were circling the bowl before the big flush.
Go to Top of Page

mapsypam

North Carolina
42 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  06:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did receive payment from Equifax for the jobs I commented below on Friday September 30. I was told that from now on this company could take up to 3 months to pay for work because they have to wait until the loans fund. I choose not to work for them right now, but I was also told that the company is hoping to get payment faster sometime in the future. I still dislike that I had to jump through hoops to get payment for the work I did.

Pamela Philyaw
Go to Top of Page

mapsypam

North Carolina
42 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  07:43:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the letter I just sent to the BBB regarding this company. I loved working for them and am not sure what is going on over there, but it has been like pulling teeth to try to get a payment: (also- so no one freaks out on my prices-one of the signing was a correction that was a title company error-)
I am a mobile notary and I performed loan signing services on 4 separate occasions for this company. They owe me a total of $300.00 for payment. The dates for the loan signing services are: 7-19-2011, 8-10-2011, 8-19-2011, 8-19-2011. I have confirmation numbers and names for each of these jobs. I have attempted to collect payment several times by email and phone. Records can be provided. The company told me they would pay me within 30 days of my services. The first time I called them (at 30 days after the first job)I was asked to call back in 5 weeks because they had a change in their system. The second time I was asked to email Matt Morris. Mr Morris directed me to email someone named Paul. Paul told me I would receive payment within 7-10 business days. Day 15 (9-23-2011)I emailed Matt Morris again inquiring about payment status. I did not receive a reply. Today (9-27-2011) I resent my inquiry with a note that I would take action if I did not receive a reply by the end of business today. Someone named Joan Isom emailed me saying she was now helping and it would take 10 business days for a reply. It is simply unacceptable to wait 3 months for payment when I have to pay for gas/paper/ink/phone/time etc are all provided upfront trusting the company will pay me within a reasonable amount of time.

Pamela Philyaw
Go to Top of Page

mtomlinson

Kansas
23 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  10:13:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit mtomlinson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Always. That is the fee set in their system and when they call we don't even discuss price. It is the "standard fee" That is why I was surprised about the comments on low-pay with them...in addition to the slow-pay.

Michael D. Tomlinson
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2011 :  6:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michael, Equifax always pays you $125? In my area they only offer $85 and the one time I worked for them they did meet my $125 fee, but only because two other notaries had already dropped out of the appointment and they were desperate and needed someone ASAP. Equifax did pay fast though.

CopperheadVA

Edited by - CopperheadVA on 04/21/2011 6:23:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2011 :  12:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Linda

I did a signing for Equifax on Jan. 21st, 2011. I still have not been paid. I have called several times and was told an email would be sent to accounting. Two calls, same response, and was told to give them a couple of weeks after the emails. I think that over three months is long emough. I am sending a demand letter today. My fee was good as the signing was very close. But that doesn't make any differance if you don't get paid. Anyone else have a problem with this company?
Linda

Linda...did you check to make sure your loan funded? Is it possible the borrowers canceled the deal? That may result in no payment.

Check for the recording. If it did record, it funded...you can include that in your demand letter "since this mortgage recorded on <date>..." etc...

Good Luck.

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

mtomlinson

Kansas
23 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2011 :  10:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit mtomlinson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We close for them regularly and I always have my check within 1 week. Pay? They always pay 125 per closing.

Michael D. Tomlinson
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  10:26:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Despite them calling me many times, I have done only one closing for Equifax - the only time they met my fee. And according to the borrower, I was the third notary assigned to the closing (I guess they were desperate!). I was paid in five days - that seems really odd that they have not paid you yet. I agree that three months is way too long and it's time to play hardball.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

Linda

6 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  08:33:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Linda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a signing for Equifax on Jan. 21st, 2011. I still have not been paid. I have called several times and was told an email would be sent to accounting. Two calls, same response, and was told to give them a couple of weeks after the emails. I think that over three months is long emough. I am sending a demand letter today. My fee was good as the signing was very close. But that doesn't make any differance if you don't get paid. Anyone else have a problem with this company?
Linda

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.