123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Newbie & Mentoring Section
 How to tell if SS has infiltrated an NSA network?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  10:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I find this industry very competetive am not willing to share my measley quarters with others at this time.

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services
Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  02:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
profnot..I will give it much thought. I may even talk to some of the other notaries about this and see if they will share there thoughts and feelings on the subject. And if and when I/we come up with something I will post it here.

Happy Holidays!

~Carmen
Go to Top of Page

profnot

41 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  5:59:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit profnot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lonewolf

You asked "Isn't a SS just a formalized NSA network?"

The answer is no.

An SS is like a temp agency. You are hired by the temp agency (SS) to do work (signings) for a TC or lender. The agency/SS pays you.

An NSA network is like a leads group. The networks tend to work in 2 ways. Some work in one of the two, some work both ways.

1. Refer work to other NSAs in network.
Say I get a call for a signing outside my coverage area. If there is a notary in my NSA network that covers that area, I will tell the caller to phone that notary and I provide the phone number.

2. A few networks are very agressive about marketing. The one in TX is terrific about this. They actively search out new TCs and LOs and share contact information.

Either way, if you refer work to a notary that is secretly an SS owner, that jerk will use the TC/LO contact to try to get all the business in your area. You may have just lost a TC/LO who used to call you directly and pay you well.

Carmen -
Thanks for your answer. Not being the trusting type, I am hoping to find more ways of unmasking SS owners before I share my info. Let me know if you think of any tips.

Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  02:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have heard that networking has worked for some. But, I too have some reservations. I worry that that the others will not be doing their part. What if I have more clients to bring to the table? What if the other person is a signing company or thinking of becoming a signing service? To many unanswered questions. I refer folks all the time and will continue to do so. I quess it boils down to trust.

Carmen
Go to Top of Page

loanwolf

Florida
7 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  8:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit loanwolf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
p.s. I should've had included in my post that I was wearing a wool sweater while writing.

That would make me a "wolf in sheep's clothing" !

-Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

loanwolf

Florida
7 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  8:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit loanwolf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The sign of a SS is when they approach you and lowball your fee <grin>. That's how I identified the last one that approached me.

Sometimes Googling or other Internet searches bring interesting results, including non-paying SS's.

Isn't a SS just a formalized NSA network ? For my education, in a NSA network, is there a referral fee or sharing of the signing fee between the notary referring the signing and the notary doing the actual signing ?
Go to Top of Page

profnot

41 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  10:06:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit profnot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, Carmen

NSA networks are being formed all over the US. Member NSAs serving different parts of a single state share TC and lender contacts plus they refer signings to each other exclusively.

Most have been started using the excellent model of the successful one in Texas.

I was recently contacted to join one in my state. After some research, I discovered that the founder is the owner of a signing service.

No way will I share my hard-earned TC and lender client list with a signing service! They will use this information to take my clients away. Then they will offer me a fraction of the fee I used to earn directly for the same jobs.

I was lucky in my research: I discovered the evil person before joining the network. Do you have any tips for NSAs on how to spot an SS wolf hiding in sheep's clothing, posing as a single NSA?

Thanks!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.