123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Notary Tips
 Saving money on supplies - secrets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Renee

Michigan
549 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2010 :  03:26:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Renee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I almost never leave the house just to run errands or grocery shop, etc. I really try to make the most of my day's routes, and consolidate my driving. I also NEVER eat out & only rarely even get a coffee out of the house, & I don't go into stores w/out purpose - easy ways to nickle/dime yourself out of a profit. I will read, catch up on phone calls or crochet in my car, if I need a 'lay-over'.
Go to Top of Page

pastormarkag

Missouri
21 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  12:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have found that when I call the borrower to confirm if I give them a choice of hard copy or CD for their copies they almost always want the CD. I find that not having to print another set of docs and putting theirs on CD saves me a lot of money.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

joanbergst

California
360 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  9:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit joanbergst's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Buy a dual tray for your laser printer and save money!

CA Sam's Club price for legal is $42.65 and letter is $26.29. More loan documents are printed on letter in most loan packages and you can pay for the 2nd tray quicker than you might think.

Also "shake that toner cartridge" when the laser printer says it is low on toner and you will get 400+ pages printed.

Also shake it when you load a new toner cartridge as the toner might not be truly level in the cartridge.

Joan Bergstrom
24/7 To Riverside & San Bernardino Counties.
CA State Notary Exam Instructor For www.notaryclasses.com
www.joanbergstromnotarypublic.com
joan.bergstrom@yahoo.com
Cell: 951-522-4919
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  5:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You would be surprised at how many new signing agents I've talked to wanted to know where to buy a printer with the right kind of ink! I find it easier to use the correct terminology from the get-go so others won't misunderstand what's being said.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  12:41:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Paul! I assumed everybody knew this. I should have rephrased it; "Refill your toner cartridges"

~Carmen
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  04:54:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a point of clarification. Laser printers do not use ink. They use toner. Inkjet, bubblejet, and OfficeJet printers all use ink, a liquid. Laser printers use a carbon based powder (and other components) that adheres to the paper by an electrostatic charge. Then the paper and toner pass through the fuser which heats the toner and fuses the toner to the paper. The rest of the toner then falls off the paper into the toner waste bin, another chamber in the toner cartridge.

Laser printers may cost a bit more when purchased, but printing with toner is a lot cheaper than printing with ink. So, overall, laser printers have a much lower 'cost of ownership' than do inkjet printers. Besides that, laser printers can print much faster than inkjet printers, though the low-end laser printers and inkjet printers all have about the same speed capabilities.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com

Edited by - PWinFL on 05/22/2010 06:49:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  10:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Refill your ink cartridges!!! This will save you tons of money! Quite a few notares do this, myself included. Most folks use tonerkits.com. Check their website out. They even sell the chips so that your printer does not annoy you with those 'replace cartridge' messages.
Don't forget to buy the burnishing tool to make the hole where the ink goes into. This is only a one time purchase.

C
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  03:53:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some notaries have an endless list of secrets for how they save money on supplies, and just about everything else. What are your secrets?

Here's mine. Lookup gas prices in your area on google. Look up your zip code and the words, "gas prices". You could save 50 cents per gallon if you are willing to drive five or ten miles.

How do you save on paper, toner, ink, notary supplies, and everything else?

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.