123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 United Lender Services Corp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

indigoinvestigations

Michigan
10 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2014 :  4:16:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit indigoinvestigations's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I signed on with ULS in July (2014) and they did accept my NNA background.

hello
Go to Top of Page

debmillers

Florida
6 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2014 :  11:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit debmillers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They will not except the NNA Background Check Certification without seeing the full report but will the company they are set up with, this is wrong. They do not say why either just that the company they use is set up to do with their filters. Another way to get the notary to pay out more money. No company has the right to see the full reports because it has lots of information that can create identity theft and we all know how bad that can be.

Go to Top of Page

ALNOTARY

Alabama
50 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2013 :  12:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit ALNOTARY's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done several closings with ULS and am very happy with them. I had to have a background check done through them as well and let me tell you, all the business I have received from them has paid for the background check 10 fold and then some. Although business is slow (I think for everyone), it will pay off in the long run. They pay within 2 weeks faithfully and I have never had to "chase" down my payments.
Go to Top of Page

Tennessee
8 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2013 :  06:57:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit 10014's Homepage  Reply with Quote
is anyone getting business from this vendor.. they want a background check.. and wont except the full report I sent as well as the certificate...from NNA because

" We have reviewed your criminal background report. Unfortunately, it does not feature a search of Federal Criminal records (a ULS requirement). As such, we cannot accept it. Please consider getting a new report through our third party partner, Accurate Background. That will serve to facilitate reactivation of your vendor profile."

I did call NNA and they said that is correct ... but should I fork over the dough.. ?

Penny Bowhall
Rockin Double B Services
PO Box 363
Thompson’s Station, TN 37179
Cell 615-400-012
PennyCan@bellsouth.net
Go to Top of Page

jeninohio

Ohio
36 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  08:21:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit jeninohio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've had good experiences working with United Lender Services. They usually pay within 2 weeks and I don't have to send any invoices. That being said, I have to agree with others that I have a standard industry accepted background check and won't be paying for another one just for this company. If ULS wants to pay for it, that is fine but I won't be paying for another.

Jennifer Cotsmire
Notary Signing Agent
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  12:59:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a letter in the mail from them today about it.

I don't think I've ever worked for these people. If I have it's been a very very long time. I have the NNA BGC and one from NotRot -I'm not forking out any more money for any more BGCs not to mention one in 2011 for Florida Health Department for CNA license and one in 2010 to work the Census - they want one they can pay for it.

Like I said, I don't even know these people (or remember them) so I won't be complying.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

Fuzzy1955

Florida
36 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  12:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else receive a request for yet another background check today? This is my response.

Hello! I received your request to have a background check performed. I am trying to understand why you are not using the industry standard National Notary Association background check, for which I am submitting my certificate. I am also CCing Steve Bastian at the NNA.

In 2006 I was in charge of Stewart Title’s National title division, e-Title. Steven and I worked with seven national companies to create a national background check system. The NNA was kind enough to administer this process. If it needs to be updated because of some regulation changes, great!

It made little sense to me then and it makes little sense to me now that each notary would be faced with having to have a background check performed dozens, even hundreds of times at, in your case $35. I am registered with over 120 title companies nationally.

Given I may only receive 1 or 2 orders per year from some companies, yours included, it does not make sense for me to participate. I know both Steve and I would be open to discussing how we could improve the background search process the NNA has, but to ask each notary in your database to get a second, third and fourth.

What do you lose by not having me in your roster? A NNA background checked, 25 year title industry veteran who understands the laws of my state and who has a proven track record of performance, with little issues.

Best Regards,

John Axt
321-652-6101 Text or Call

Fuzzy1955
Go to Top of Page

Adele

Nevada
13 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  9:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Adele's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a signing for them in June. No replies to phone calls or faxes. They seem to have to many employees who do not answer. Too much employee overhead? Cannot pay notaries in a timely fashion? hate this part of being a mobile notary Always having to chase our money.

Adele Vandehouten
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  5:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Received the check today....signing 7/2, check rec'vd 8/24....a week away from being two months. ULSC is probably glad to have gotten rid of me [and the feeling is mutual].
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  11:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
The collection letter template here is an excellent one that I customized to prepare a demand letter I was going to send certified, by regular mail, fax and email on Sept. 3rd as that is the 61st day. I sent one final email to Diane Kirkwood (expecting to be ignored again):

My email: Diane, what have you found out about payment for this loan signing?. When is the check coming? I've emailed several people at ULSC and left voice messages but no one has responded. My patience is wearing thin and I'm considering referring the matter to my attorney for collections. I completed this loan signing in good faith and now believe I'm being stiffed. I will go to the San Bernardino county recorder and see if the deed has been recorded.

Reply from Diane: Melissa is sending your check out today…..it took some time to research this, but all is satisfied now. No one is stiffing you. United Lender Services pays all it’s notaries and anyone else who has worked for us in a timely matte.We are a reputable company, and pride ourselves on that.

We will see....I am keeping the collection letter on standby until the check arrives and clears the bank.

Go to Top of Page

kimcole132

North Carolina
100 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  09:04:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did one on 6/25 which had to be reclosed a few days later which I was not available. I received payment on 8/12/09.
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  8:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
I took a chance with ULSC.....signing completed 7/2....no payment as of yet......ignoring emails and phone calls except for "We are researching the matter." I'll keep waiting....until September 3rd
Go to Top of Page

kimcole132

North Carolina
100 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  1:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone worked for them before?

United Lender Services Corp.

2000 Cliff Mine Rd, Suite 610

Pittsburgh, PA 15275

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.