123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Fox Signing Services
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  10:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is our review page for Fox Signing Service

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=320&Fox+Signing+Service

Go to Top of Page

notaryexchange

Pennsylvania
4 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  11:35:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit notaryexchange's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I completed 4 signings for Fox Signing Services. They were easy to work with and seemed professional. I did not get paid for these signings. I tried emails and even went in person to their business.

I took my case to our local magistrate last summer. I was prepared with my paperwork. It was delayed several times. On the hearing date, they didn't show up, and I won the case.

To enforce the judgement I filed for a notice of execution (sherriff sale). This was appealed and we went to court again. The judgement stood. They did not want the sherriff sale, so they paid the constable. Recently I was paid my original amount plus all court costs.

It took time and patience, but it is worth following thru. We work hard and jump when we are asked. We deserve respect and payment.

I heard that Fox Signing is starting their company again under a different name. I'll post any updates I find.

Thank you to everyone who helped and supported me. You were part of the reason I saw this thru. If we all work together, we can continue to enjoy the benefits of working for ourselves.

Georgeann Reid
Go to Top of Page

Grandy

North Carolina
32 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  07:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Lisa. I did contact the Title Company - almost hung up on me! I"m sure by now that they get the picture re Fox Signing.
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2009 :  3:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Contact the Title Company for payment. Hopefully at some point they will drop their account with Fox as a client as they are probably tired of complaints about an unethical, nonpaying contractor.
Go to Top of Page

Grandy

North Carolina
32 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2009 :  11:12:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done four signings from May thru July for Fox. I still haven't been paid. I sent the suggested "threat" letter after numberous e-mail requests. I have the form to send in for Small Claims Court. Found out that even if (I wasn't worried) I did receive agreement from the court, there was no way that I could enforce the payment. The filing fee was $60some and it's a long trip from NC. The telephone number is now a non-working number and I get no response from e-mail. Probably a lost cause, but if ever I do make that trip to visit relatives in PA you can believe that I will pay Jill Fox a visit!
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Virginia
1 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  07:00:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did signings for Fox in March and have not been paid. After numerous billing email etc. These people will not pay there bills. Stay away from them unless you want to work for free.
Go to Top of Page

kandy1099

Pennsylvania
121 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  6:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit kandy1099's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They are two towns over from me, and I have had LOCAL people complain about them and their poor customer service. I will not take anymore closings or any type of notary work from them.

Go to Top of Page

hilltopnotary

South Carolina
5 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  06:52:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit hilltopnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After nagging for appx 3 months to be paid from Fox, Jill Fox sent a check that BOUNCED. I don't know about anybody else, but I do not work for Charity. I am contacting my local DA office and see what I can do to have her prosecuted.

Go to Top of Page

n/a

North Carolina
1 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  1:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just went thru non-payment with Fox. Took three months. I my opinion they should be avoided.
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  04:15:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Georgeann,

I usually try contacting the TC and speaking to them about the status of the files before going the small claims paperwork route - I should have written that part first.

If you are forced to file the small claims paperwork, I would think the forms would be online.

Whenever you accept a job, always check out the company's reputation on the various notary forums. If it's bad, I will give the job back with a short note via e-mail that due to payment issues reported by other notaries, I am not able to accept this closing after all. I specifically tell them that they will have to reassign to another notary.

Good luck!

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

notaryexchange

Pennsylvania
4 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  7:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit notaryexchange's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes I am in the same state. I really like the way you put your suggestions in order. I tend to look for the end result and go after that instead of taking the necessary steps to get to the end result. The way you put it covers me and is thorough. I did not think about it being the end of the month. That is a very good point. I will keep that in mind for the timing. I really appreciate you taking the time to detail your explanation so that I understand it. I will follow your advise and start with a visit to the local magistrate for paperwork, future date it and send it. I will keep you posted.

Georgeann Reid
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  07:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Georgeann, since you visited their office, you must be in the same state as Fox - why don't you file small claims against them? Sometimes, all you have to do is complete the small claims paperwork with a date one week in the future and fax it to the non-paying company with a note saying that you will be filing on XX date if payment in full is not received by then. However, you should be willing to follow through with that threat. Although I have not tried this, some notaries have reported great success with including the title company and loan broker on the small claims filing, and faxing it to all parties. This produces a frenzy of phone calls to the non-paying company demanding to know what is going on. I would use this tactic as a last resort.

Another thing you can do is gather up all the info you have for each closing, specifically the title company name, phone number, and file number for each job. Then call them, let them know the situation and ask if the files have closed and if Fox has been paid. They won't want to pay you since they likely already paid Fox, however you can ask for their assistance in contacting Fox to inquire on your behalf. You can also e-mail them a re-cap of your conversation and cc FOX on it - that usually produces results. The signing service will be upset that you contacted their client and embarrassed them, but boo-hoo too bad!

See my post from the thread about The Closing Group - I had to use this tactic in order pry my money out of their hands. TC was not helpful, but the e-mail recapping our conversation (cc'd to The Closing Group) is what did the trick.

Note: Do not contact the TC today, as they are likely very busy due to it being end of month. I would wait until the EOM rush is over, before contacting them.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

notaryexchange

Pennsylvania
4 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  8:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit notaryexchange's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I completed 4 signings for Fox Signing Services. During each signing they were professional and easy to work with. Then I was told by Jackie and Jill that I would be paid and they kept putting it off.

I finally went to their office. Jackie was pretty surprised to see me in person. Noone in the town knew who they were, they did not have a sign out front, and the building they were in used to be a bar that still had the bar equipment in it. The office space was cluttered with boxes. The last excuse for nonpayment from Jackie was that because of the economy they haven't been paid either.

How do I get the closing company to pay me? I am new to this and have not done any more signings after this. My husband is very mad about the whole thing. I think just because I found one bad signing company doesn't mean they will all be like that.

I appreciate all the great information on this forum. If I would have checked here more carefully, I wouldn't have gotten into this mess in the first place.

Georgeann Reid
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Michigan
2 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2009 :  1:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always been paid on time with them. Haven't done a closing for them in a while because I moved my officer about an hour north, but worked with them for 4 years.

Angie Anderson-Lane
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  09:41:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe the word is getting out that Notaries will go after the title company when the SS does not pay because the TC is the owner of the documents - they generate and process the docs, etc. The "we paid the SS so it's not our problem" excuse the TC may use no longer flies.

Some Notaries know to go after the TC if they are stiffed by the SS, many are learning to do this. The SS will lose the TC's business at some point because what TC wants to contract with an SS, pay them, only to have the Notary come after the TC because the SS stiffed the Notary? While this may cause some SS's to clean up their act, others may be a lost cause and will probably continue their deadbeat behavior.
Go to Top of Page

RuthF

Texas
7 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2009 :  5:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit RuthF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did three signings for them in December and finally got paid about 3 weeks ago. Jill was very apologetic but unfortunately that does not pay my bills.

info@A-1Mobile.org
www.A-1-Mobile.org
Phone: 956-874-8444
Serviving the Rio Grande Valley, Texas
Go to Top of Page

hilltopnotary

South Carolina
5 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  09:32:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit hilltopnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did 2 signings for this company. 1 in April, and 1 in May. Rec'd an email from Jill Fox stating that I would be paid for April at the end of this month. I replied to her that my children have to eat and wear shoes. I will wait for the payment for april and keep you all posted.

Go to Top of Page

suebehere

Ohio
28 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  1:54:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit suebehere's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't believe they're still in business. Lots of bad reports on them.
Go to Top of Page

kandy1099

Pennsylvania
121 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  12:36:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit kandy1099's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a closing for them and didn't get paid for 3 months. Just keep nagging them, email jill@foxsigning.com and see if you get any responce.

Go to Top of Page

JJSeabrook

Texas
6 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  4:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Closed one for them 8/21/08 and still haven't been paid for it.

JJ
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Pennsylvania
1 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2009 :  11:22:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will definitely be checking these forum if at all possible before accepting a job. I had taken a call from Fox while in my car and accepted the assignment. They owe me money for two jobs. 30 days past due.
Go to Top of Page

suebehere

Ohio
28 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2009 :  08:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit suebehere's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I told them I was contacting the FBI and was paid within 10 days. Actually, my nephew does work for the feds so I was serious about it.

Go to Top of Page

lizcook

Michigan
5 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2009 :  1:50:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit lizcook's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was just told today that they are "implementing a process" to pay all outstanding invoices. I did a RESPA signing for them in Jan and did the closing for the same people in Feb and still have not been paid. I get put off longer and longer everytime I speak with anyone

Go to Top of Page

renardo452

Maryland
9 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  2:26:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't forget to file a complaint with the BBB. Also consider your state's Attorney General's office of Department of Labor and Licensing and their state too.
Go to Top of Page

Kate

California
8 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  10:33:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kate's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They don't pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

asomerford

North Carolina
18 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  1:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET PAID FOR A SIGNING PERFORMED IN NOVEMBER 2008 AND KEEP GETTING PUT OFF. HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED ANY PROBLEMS GETTING PAID BY THIS COMPANY?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.