123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Technical & Marketing Issues
 Do you accept credit cards?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  10:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edelske

I accept credit cards via paypal. I invite all to go to my home page, at the bottom is the paypal "pay now" link. Give it a try, send me a dollar.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com

Yesterday I actually received a ONE dollar payment with the comment: "I'm giving it a try." I reversed the transaction and returned the dollar. I know, it's weird to quote ones self..... but it seemed the best way for THIS post to make sense.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Go to Top of Page

SigningAgentCoach

California
42 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  7:36:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Square (www.Squareup.com), an Intuit GoPay and I use my paypal merchant account often. Love them all because I do NOT attend any private traveling/mobile notary call unless my trip fee is paid for, never. Am I told no? Sure, but I'm told YES more and their appointment is in ink. I think I'm working smarter, not harder. xo

Kelly Robertson,
CA Mandatory Education Notary Public Instructor,
Notary Classes.com
Signing Agent Coach
(951) 317-0125
Go to Top of Page

Joan

California
12 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2012 :  8:10:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Joan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use the Intuit, "Go Payment" and Love it. I have a Droid X. My clients love it. Swiper is free and they sign their name right on my phone. Nothing is stored within the phone and you can send a receipt to their email and cell phone immediately.

M.C. and Visa 2.7% AMEX 3.7% No monthly fees. Direct deposit to your checking or savings. Just go to the Intuit site.

Go to Top of Page

joanbergst

California
360 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  8:45:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit joanbergst's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The payment world is changing and people don't carry checks (mostly men) and don't have cash available.

The richer the person the more he/she use credit cards and that is why I went with "Square" so I could take all the major credit cards.

Intuit has another program available to accept credit cards.

Joan Bergstrom
24/7 To Riverside & San Bernardino Counties.
CA State Notary Exam Instructor For www.notaryclasses.com
www.joanbergstromnotarypublic.com
joan.bergstrom@yahoo.com
Cell: 951-522-4919
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  06:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have used PayPal for over 5 years without any problems. What I like most is the "insulation" from credit card numbers. I never see the clients credit card (or the security code on the back of the card). If they have an "issue" with their card - they know it was not my doing.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Go to Top of Page

AMSaunders

California
3 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  11:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use the "Square" reader. It's free if you order it from their website (squareup.com). I like it because it allows you to swipe the credit card or manually enter the information. You can also enter cash transactions allowing you to maintain a log for both in one place. Receipts are emailed or sent via text to your client.

Presently Square charges a 2.75% fee (of the amount charged) per swipe. The fee is higher if the card information is entered manually. There is no charge for entering cash.

Andrea Madonna
Go to Top of Page

Fuzzy1955

Florida
36 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  07:29:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a PayPal account but have not had anyone ask to use it. You may want to check into the new "Square" card reader for your phone as this makes it pretty simple. There is another one as well and you can get the reader for free.

Fuzzy1955
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  9:01:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Google does support invoicing and statements. Paypal may have over a million users but I'm sure more than half are dissatisfied. I know I was....and canceled the account. Had an account for two years, THEN they decide they will freeze my account due to "suspicious activity" which they would never clarify as to what EXACTLY was suspicious. Then demanded I provide shipping information....for a SERVICE based business!!

While people have heard of paypal....they certainly know and trust the name GOOGLE !! But as you said - to each his own. Paypal works for PAW...Google Checkout works for Lisa T. I'm sure Google has their dissatisfied patrons too.
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  5:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't use Google Checkout for two major reasons: (1) cannot send money, only supports sale transactions and (2) does not support international commerce. (The only supported currency is U.S. dollars (USD).)

Besides those two insurmountable hurdles, PayPal has over 100 million users (according to C|Net), worldwide; Google has a few thousand users.

Finally, I don't think Google supports invoicing and statements like PayPal does.

To each his own. Depending on your needs may make the difference which system you choose.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  1:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use Google Checkout and the customer must pay before the appointment. They've raised their processing fee and canceled the free processing if connected to an Adwords account. It's only a few cents difference in the raised fee so it's not that big of a deal. I don't have credit card requests that often so this works for me as there are no charges until I actually use it. Other merchant accounts charge monthly fees, whether or not you are actually processing CC transactions,
Go to Top of Page

yngnotary

California
38 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  4:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit yngnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you get paid by credit card using an online service like Google checkout or PayPal, do you ask for prepayment or do you ask them to pay while you are at the appointment? Do you use a laptop or do you use a cell phone to help provide payment?
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  12:09:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
I accept credit cards via Google Checkout. Had problems with paypal....they like to freeze accounts due to "suspicious activity" which I consider to be BS so I canceled paypal. I like Google Checkout because I don't have that problem and since I also advertise with Google Adwords, the processing is FREE based on the Adwords budget I set for myself. No contract with Google Adwords, you can cancel at anytime and I set the budget on what I choose to spend monthly on advertising.

In order to get the free credit card processing, you have to link the Adwords account with the Checkout account (piece of cake). I've looked into other CC processing with hand held wireless units. Unless you're doing a LOT of business, the fees charged will eat up profits. Plus, they have long contracts for which I was not willing to commit. Google Checkout is a flat percentage and you don't get nickled and dimed to death like some of the other companies.

And another thing.....when you call these CC processing companies, unless you know the right questions to ask, they don't volunteer any information on the "other fees", like batch header fees, swipe vs. manual entry, when the customer's CC is a business or rebate card.
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  5:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I accept credit cards via paypal. I invite all to go to my home page, at the bottom is the paypal "pay now" link. Give it a try, send me a dollar.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  7:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have pay pal available for my clients. I have a link on my website.and have been paid a few times successfully this way and I love it!!!!!

Carmen

Go to Top of Page

vince

Kansas
324 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  8:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit vince's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do not accept credit cards or paypal (actually mentioned more frequently). If you are serious about cards and a business member of COSTCO, you might check into the savings available through them as they indicate the fees are cut substantially. Good luck with your business.
Go to Top of Page

joanbergst

California
360 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  6:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit joanbergst's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use paypal and like it. You might want to look into vistaprint.com as they have set something up with Quickbooks.com that might be of interest.

Joan Bergstrom
24/7 To Riverside & San Bernardino Counties.
State Notary exam teacher for www.notaryclasses.com
www.joanbergstromnotarypublic.com
joan.bergstrom@yahoo.com
Cell: 951-522-4919
Go to Top of Page

Erica1203

Texas
10 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  4:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erica1203's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been doing business under my personal name for over 2 years and up until now, I've only accepted cash or check. I just got my DBA and I'm opening up a business checking account. I want to accept credit cards as a form of payment but I don't know where to begin to look. There are tons of companies that offer this service to businesses, but they all charge fees. Which companies do you use to accept credit cards? What are their fees? Do you carry a CC machine or just from your website? What about PayPal? I appreciate your advice. Thanks!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.