123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 JMT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

botetourt1

Virginia
2 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2015 :  10:04:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do several signing for JMT a month. They don't pay as much as some companies, but, they have less docs and they pay on time.
Go to Top of Page

notarybill

California
24 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2015 :  12:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW got a call from them last Friday at 5:00 after almost 2 years of silence. Rush order, HAD!! to be done that night and docs were ready. Quoted a price and the scheduler came back with " in your area we can only pay $60.00 and $15 for the fb. She was very nice and I explained this was MY price not hers and that I would need COD thru PayPal for a rush order like this. After silence I said gee I guess you still have a rush order, Bye
Go to Top of Page

California
20 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2015 :  07:31:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JMT has always been a low baller, now they feel if they are doing you a favor and offering $65 for a local and up to 85 for long travel (30 miles or more) I often turn them down, request more and the just can't do it, and the sch. always sounds put off with my request for a higher fee, and yes they have booked me @ 95-100 then call back 1/2hr later and says the client has changed the location.....

Gary M. Barron
Go to Top of Page

betty1957

Illinois
35 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2015 :  7:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know the CO Rockies--DH knows the area west of Denver along I-70 like the back of his hand.
YOU NEED TO CHARGE THEM $50.00 MORE for each signing!! You are taking you life in your hands driving to strange mountain addresses. If they don't like it, wait until they are desperate and then ask $100.00 more. You'd be surprised the fees that you can get! =D
quote:
Originally posted by Retiredkop

They sent me to an assignment that was to be 7 miles from my home in a neighboring town. When I asked the address they said they only had the zip code. Where I live in the rocky mountains a zip code can be 40 miles in diameter. This down the road assignment was 60 miles away in the side of a mountain with the last 10 miles up a narrow single lane winding dirt road. When I asked for more money I was ignored. I handled the assignment, the borrower was happy and the next five assignments will be for $20.00 more to make up for the extra miles on this one. Their assigners act like they were paying the money out of their own pocket.

betty j. dedman
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2015 :  4:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Retiredkop

They sent me to an assignment that was to be 7 miles from my home in a neighboring town. When I asked the address they said they only had the zip code. Where I live in the rocky mountains a zip code can be 40 miles in diameter. This down the road assignment was 60 miles away in the side of a mountain with the last 10 miles up a narrow single lane winding dirt road. When I asked for more money I was ignored. I handled the assignment, the borrower was happy and the next five assignments will be for $20.00 more to make up for the extra miles on this one. Their assigners act like they were paying the money out of their own pocket.

Their assigners act like they were paying the money out of their own pocket.

That IS often the case. They have "some" money to spend, what they don't give you they keep for themselves.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

Retiredkop

Colorado
29 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2015 :  12:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Sunset

Virginia
7 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  1:40:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure where this company gets their schedulers. I have had numerous calls from them, all asking to do a loan signing in a city or town that I am not familiar with. When i ask for the zip code, they will tell me that the location is 30 or 40 miles from my location. I still ask for the zip code. When I enter it in my iMap, 90% of the time the location is 300-400 miles away.

They are low-ballers when it comes to paying for our services. I've blocked them entirely. To think that that some of these companies will call you and tell you that they have a last minute deal for you but "Oh, we pay $70.00 and there are fax backs." I laugh and say, "Well, good luck finding someone."
Go to Top of Page

Wisconsin
6 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2014 :  3:21:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you get the settlement statements, the title companies are listed on page one. Go to the internet, or call the company to see what their requirements are.
In time (years) the title companies will get referrals to give you a call, and then fees don't become an issue. Concentrate on getting business with local companies (in-state)if you can. Tough nut to crack, but worth every penny. Don't rush them. Build references whenever possible and put together a detailed resume. Ask your references to work with you on your/their behalf.
Trust yourself. You're worth it.
John
quote:
Originally posted by jdavisva

Probably why I didn't receive one call last week!
Calls usually come at the end of the week for me... most are last minute or next day. I have signed up with some document signing companies but would like the title companies to call me direct. How do I get on their list?

quote:
Originally posted by notarybill

JMT basically sub-contracts with other signing services for leftovers. This is why you can not nego price, get answers, and have to wait for the docs. While they will send you business, when your neighbor becomes a notary and will sign for $5.00 less the phone will not ring.

Errors happen a lot and as you will see there are as many different document as there are lenders. After almost 30 years as a Notary I have made some bonehead moves.

John H McComb
Go to Top of Page

California
20 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2013 :  11:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JMT is a low balling company, they think that a $75.00 signing fee with a 40 RT is just fine, this is the type of company that reduces fees, stick to your fee, if you allow them to pay 75, then next it will be 65, then 50...Please all of you hold your ground...
Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
67 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  6:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably why I didn't receive one call last week!
Calls usually come at the end of the week for me... most are last minute or next day. I have signed up with some document signing companies but would like the title companies to call me direct. How do I get on their list?

quote:
Originally posted by notarybill

JMT basically sub-contracts with other signing services for leftovers. This is why you can not nego price, get answers, and have to wait for the docs. While they will send you business, when your neighbor becomes a notary and will sign for $5.00 less the phone will not ring.

Errors happen a lot and as you will see there are as many different document as there are lenders. After almost 30 years as a Notary I have made some bonehead moves.

Go to Top of Page

notarybill

California
24 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2013 :  5:21:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Edited by - notarybill on 10/18/2013 5:25:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  7:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad you got it handled!! Taking responsibility and owning up to your oversight shows you care!! Good luck!! You can do it!!!

Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
67 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  6:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You were right in your instruction! I just had a hard time doing so because of my full-time job. Thank you for responding and trying to help :)

quote:
Originally posted by Lee-AR

Go back and get it signed ASAP

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.

Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
67 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  6:32:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to thank for responding to my posts. You've been a great help and encouragement is exactly what I needed to hear.

So, I took full responsibility and called the scheduler. She was not in so another helpfully told me to get it signed as soon as possible then drop it for shipping. I had to drive a little further than the original signing place, but I told JMT I would make it right. Luckily, the borrowers were very understanding. I wanted to bring them cookies or something, but I didn't have time. Ever felt that way?
They were just excited to refinance at a lower rate and wanted it done.

I didn't mentioned that I was also called for another signing yesterday evening after I got off work. It was a debt consolidation, I think favor those the most. Easier, fast and I've found those companies want to pay you your price rather than haggle.
I worked a full time job and had two signings in one day... for a beginner.. it seemed like a lot. I also take classes online. I hope I'm not in for overload.

Thanks again, I am excited for my new adventure and learning a lot along the way!

quote:
Originally posted by lightk

quote:

Not off to a good start. After today, I just want to crawl under a rock and hide.
I was so nervous today and felt I was very careful.
However, when I got home I realized the HUD 1 wasn't signed by the borrowers.

What to do... what to do!!!???

As you are the notary on this signing, taking responsibility is first and foremost. DON'T KNOCK YOURSELF OUT OVER THIS!! Accidents do happen and no matter how hard you try and triple check, they will happen even after YEARS of experience. Contact your scheduler ASAP and explain. Ask what should you do to make this right.

By being responsible and admitting your error, that already puts you miles above many other notaries that would just send it back.

At future signings, tell the borrowers, "Ok, I'm sure you're ready for me to be out of your hair, but let me double check these documents to make sure the t's are crossed and i's are dotted." Almost every single time, the borrowers are going to be more than glad to let you sit there another 5-15 minutes.

Also, in the future, if you receive the docs in time, go thru the set to familiarize yourself with the docs and even put post-it notes or flags on all the pages that need to be signed or initialed.

PS -- I don't mean to sound like a 'know-it-all', I've just been there before. If you want to contact me directly, my email is with gmail and it begins with Lightk.

Good luck!!!

Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  05:56:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lee-AR

Lee, the only reason I didn't say that to begin with is that jdavisva works a full time job, so returning after work today is going to put the docs being returned later than 24 hours after the signing; so the scheduler needs to be notified first IMO

PS I really like your signature --- that is so true!!!

Kim

Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  04:34:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2013 :  7:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not off to a good start. After today, I just want to crawl under a rock and hide.

As you are the notary on this signing, taking responsibility is first and foremost. DON'T KNOCK YOURSELF OUT OVER THIS!! Accidents do happen and no matter how hard you try and triple check, they will happen even after YEARS of experience. Contact your scheduler ASAP and explain. Ask what should you do to make this right.

By being responsible and admitting your error, that already puts you miles above many other notaries that would just send it back.

At future signings, tell the borrowers, "Ok, I'm sure you're ready for me to be out of your hair, but let me double check these documents to make sure the t's are crossed and i's are dotted." Almost every single time, the borrowers are going to be more than glad to let you sit there another 5-15 minutes.

Also, in the future, if you receive the docs in time, go thru the set to familiarize yourself with the docs and even put post-it notes or flags on all the pages that need to be signed or initialed.

PS -- I don't mean to sound like a 'know-it-all', I've just been there before. If you want to contact me directly, my email is with gmail and it begins with Lightk.

Good luck!!!

Edited by - lightk on 10/10/2013 7:52:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
67 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2013 :  7:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:

Due to your schedule, i would go ahead and print.

They want you to wait in case docs change OR appt cancels. If those happen, you will NOT be paid for printing.

Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2013 :  8:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Due to your schedule, i would go ahead and print.

They want you to wait in case docs change OR appt cancels. If those happen, you will NOT be paid for printing.

Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
67 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2013 :  7:01:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you... I was fortunate this time... it worked more in my favor with timing.
I am excited and nervous as this is my first big signing which is a JPMC refinance. I have only done small signings 10 pages or less... warranty deed or debt consolidation forms.
Instead of 2 hours before signing tomorrow 10-10-13, I was actually was notified of available documents today 10-9-13 and have reviewed them to be familiar and prepared. However... I'm only allowed to print them 12 hours before scheduled signing which messes up my schedule some.Have any of you had to wait before you could print something or it would cause you to lose your entire fee??

quote:

quote:

I accepted a signing from JMT Document Services for a local singing 5 minutes from my work place. However, I just found out that the docs are usually ready 2 hours prior to signing appointment. *sigh* I'm trying to work full-time and do this part-time and hope to be successful. Is it possible? I cannot and will not print docs at my workplace.. It would be handy if they would have them ready for me to print the day before. But I understand I am at their mercy when it comes to doc delivery.
Suggestions? Anyone else working full time and a signing agent part time?

It can be done, but it's much harder for those working full-time. Keep in mind the time it takes to commute home, print docs and then drive out to the signing. You can always ask the scheduler if the borrowers would be available an hour later or XXX time. You may wish to look up companies that do structured settlements as IMO the scheduled times are much more flexible than loan documents. Also, it doesn't pay as much but you can also sign up for companies to do inspections as in my experience the schedulers normally say the client is available on Tuesday or Wednesday from x to x times. Good luck!!!

Edited by - jdavisva on 10/09/2013 7:08:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  3:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I accepted a signing from JMT Document Services for a local singing 5 minutes from my work place. However, I just found out that the docs are usually ready 2 hours prior to signing appointment. *sigh* I'm trying to work full-time and do this part-time and hope to be successful. Is it possible? I cannot and will not print docs at my workplace.. It would be handy if they would have them ready for me to print the day before. But I understand I am at their mercy when it comes to doc delivery.

It can be done, but it's much harder for those working full-time. Keep in mind the time it takes to commute home, print docs and then drive out to the signing. You can always ask the scheduler if the borrowers would be available an hour later or XXX time. You may wish to look up companies that do structured settlements as IMO the scheduled times are much more flexible than loan documents. Also, it doesn't pay as much but you can also sign up for companies to do inspections as in my experience the schedulers normally say the client is available on Tuesday or Wednesday from x to x times. Good luck!!!

Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
67 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  3:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

cw2usarmyret

Virginia
122 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  07:47:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My quickest signing was a Quicken loan through JMT 5 miles from my house. They had done one 9 months before and all they wanted to know was where to sign. Took 12 min. Never have to worry about payment.
Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  3:38:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad they are still operating. I just don't understand why they quit calling me. I don't remember ever having an error. I accepted their fee because the docs were always so easy and the loan had already been discussed with the borrowers ahead of time. No surprises at the dinner table lol

Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  3:34:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm doing a loan for them tomorrow, and I generally average 2-3 per month for them. Always Quicken Loans, and if it's an edoc closing you only have to print 1 package (still 80-90 pages) They don't pay a fantastic fee, but for how much time and effort these loans take it's decent. They also pay right on schedule - the 20th of the following month for the prior months work. Never had a problem with JMT!

Go to Top of Page

NotarySharon

Missouri
26 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  06:19:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit NotarySharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else worked for them? They don't pay a lot, have a time sensitive response and report system, but they do pay on time.

Sharon Hopkins
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.