123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Beware of these companies part 1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  09:51:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally, I think this whole thread needs to be purged at this point. Most of the companies are gone - including 95% of the "good to go" companies. The whole thing is very unrealiable.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

timgatewood

Tennessee
27 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  09:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit timgatewood's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I noticed you had Global Notary on your preferred list. They only offer $60 for an edoc closing, which was below the going rate in 2002 when I first entered this industry. Anyone who does edoc closings for less than $90 is hurting themselves and all other NSAs by letting them think this fee (*which is less than minimum wage, if you figure your time and expenses*) is acceptable.

ONLY if their packages are very small (50 pages or less) should you even consider doing an edoc closing for $60.

quote:
Originally posted by n/a

Hi:

Thanks for the "good to go" list. I'm going to start a list of companies to do business with. I got too much flack for the "don't do business" with list. I appreciate the additional names of companies to avoid, but I like the idea of a positive list, too.

[quote]Originally posted by buffholtman

[quote]Originally posted by carl615

Companies I do not do business with for various reasons fron Theft of Services to dealing with completely incompetatnt arogant jerks.

1. United Notaries
2. SoX
3. Document Closers Inc.
4. Administrative Outsourcing
5. Speedy
6. United Signatures
7. Signing Pro
8. FNP Document Srevices
9. LIA Signing
10. Notaries Direct
11. Loansigners Inc.
12. N3 Notary Services
13. Service Link/National Link
14. Closing Quest
15. Madison Credit Managemnt
16. Express Financial Services
17. Navy Credit Union

Srveral Companies that are wonderful in my Humble opinion.
1. Platinum Signing Services/New Millinnium Title
2. Tordano
3. R&R Signing Services
4. NREIS
5. Transunion
6. Globsl Notary
and a few others.

[quote]Originally posted by dbedwards

[quote]Originally posted by ctnotary

Come on Notaries! Let's do this list! :O) Please add your "nightmare" companies and stories. Here are mine:

Accurate Sign Ups - THEY NEVER PAY
Land America One Stop - THEY DON'T CALL YOU TO CANCEL
Freedom Mortgage - THE LO'S YELL AT YOU IF YOU DON'T FORCE BORROWERS TO SIGN
Madison Credit - FIVE DIFFERENT EMAILS FOR THE PACKAGE AND SEND REVISED DOCS, MINUTES BEFORE A CLOSING AND DO NOT CALL YOU TO TELL YOU

Please add yours

Elizabeth F. Holtman

Tim Gatewood
Notary Memphis
Traveling Notary, Signing Agent, Field Inspector & Ordained Minister
Serving Memphis & west Tenn.
Go to Top of Page

timgatewood

Tennessee
27 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  09:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit timgatewood's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The cent symbol and many others are not gone, just hidden. If you do ALT + 0162, the cent symbol shows up. See ? ¢ ¢

Here is a post on Facebook showing how to add the missing symbols: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200216121224723&set=a.1617553837735.2079874.1203041761&type=1&theater

quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer Bell

Very well written two-cents. (Why in the world did they take that symbol off of the keyboard??)

You've presented a good argument for your points, also. Attorney only would be bad! I'll definitely take your points into consideration. Free enterprise is good. But surely there's a compromise in there, somewhere????

Tim Gatewood
Notary Memphis
Traveling Notary, Signing Agent, Field Inspector & Ordained Minister
Serving Memphis & west Tenn.

Edited by - timgatewood on 08/23/2013 09:26:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

n/a

0 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  11:55:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ohionotary

quote:
Originally posted by dbedwards

quote:
Originally posted by thenjnotary

J.G.Wentworth. Do not work for them unless they pay you upfront. Once the work is done, they laugh at you and tell you to bill the client.

Right you are. These bastards took six months to finally cut a cheque, only after I called the district attorney to threaten them.
They are %&$. Stay Away!!!

I know I'm going to sound naive, but how did you start the conversation with the DA? Would it be considered fraud or how did you report this to them? I have two companies that aren't paying me after repeated calls and faxes so I'd like to know what other avenues I can use to get paid. One is an attorney so I have to watch what I'm saying so I don't get into trouble. Someone on another board said something about placing a mechanic's lien against the property, which might be another option.

Go to Top of Page

Texas
13 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  03:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit 4891's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Conniek

quote:

Sorry Linda, I am apparently giving the wrong impression... I don't want to have the SOS help me with collections. I have handled that, and I have been paid. When I was successful in my collection, I was then threatened with a frivolous law suit.

What I want the government agencies to help me with is this:

I want a set of checks and balances in place, since there are none at this time. The SOS has "invested interest" in what happens with notaries, and that should be a motivating factor. Basically, I am lobbying for some sort of legislation that will require signing agencies (not agents) to show that they are paying on time and in full, and if not, why they did not.

Companies like those discussed on this board are, apparently doing business with the intent to defraud the signing agents. They are fully aware that they will be paid, and fully aware that they have no intention to pay. The SOS should have a stake in regulating all agencies. It's just another avenue for fraud within the already burdened mortgage industry.

I want the Federal Gov't to investigate the worst offenders, who shall remain nameless, as their fraud crosses state lines, and is handled on a criminal level.

I also want to have each state responsible to govern it's own signing companies. In other words, I don't think it's right for an internet escrow company to call a signing agency in California, who then hires a notary in Nebraska to do a signing for a borrower in Nebraska. Each state needs to be able to pursue the fruadulent companies within their jurisdiction.

I'm just a mom, as I'm sure many of you are. My "real" job is baking cookies. But it didn't take me six weeks in this industry to figure out that it was riddled with injustice. I have never been politically active before in my life - just VERY opinionated. It's time that I put my mouth into action. If we all start writing letters to our governmental agencies in our states, they will be forced to do something. Especially in this... an election year!

Go to Top of Page

Conniek

Oregon
78 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  5:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry Linda, I am apparently giving the wrong impression... I don't want to have the SOS help me with collections. I have handled that, and I have been paid. When I was successful in my collection, I was then threatened with a frivolous law suit.

I want a set of checks and balances in place, since there are none at this time. The SOS has "invested interest" in what happens with notaries, and that should be a motivating factor. Basically, I am lobbying for some sort of legislation that will require signing agencies (not agents) to show that they are paying on time and in full, and if not, why they did not.

Companies like those discussed on this board are, apparently doing business with the intent to defraud the signing agents. They are fully aware that they will be paid, and fully aware that they have no intention to pay. The SOS should have a stake in regulating all agencies. It's just another avenue for fraud within the already burdened mortgage industry.

I want the Federal Gov't to investigate the worst offenders, who shall remain nameless, as their fraud crosses state lines, and is handled on a criminal level.

I also want to have each state responsible to govern it's own signing companies. In other words, I don't think it's right for an internet escrow company to call a signing agency in California, who then hires a notary in Nebraska to do a signing for a borrower in Nebraska. Each state needs to be able to pursue the fruadulent companies within their jurisdiction.

I'm just a mom, as I'm sure many of you are. My "real" job is baking cookies. But it didn't take me six weeks in this industry to figure out that it was riddled with injustice. I have never been politically active before in my life - just VERY opinionated. It's time that I put my mouth into action. If we all start writing letters to our governmental agencies in our states, they will be forced to do something. Especially in this... an election year!

Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Bell

California
19 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  07:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jennifer Bell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the validation, and I do agree... just because something is illegal doesn't mean that the state will see it as criminal. We'll have to see what they turn up, if they even turn over the rock. There are lots of squirmy worms and other slimy things under most rocks.

My son's third birthday is tomorrow. He took 12 years to conceive! I am truly blessed... and was blessed again when that miracle boy was only six months old. So I have another son who will be two on 11/11. I just wish they slept a little later. And I will be even more thankful when the older stops saying "No, Mom! Diapers are for big boys!"
Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  06:02:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First off... the thing about your son waking you because he thought it was a good time to get up. That was great! I actually laughed out loud. All I can say is "at least you passed the terrible 2's ???" I know that doesn’t help much right now... but its something??? isn't it???
Probably not. Lol

Jennifer, your right. As right as rain. ( I still don't get that one )

I had a business for many many years predicated on the selling of print advertising and from time to time there would be some folks who just didn’t pay. It was through that experience that I became abundantly clear on what the State Attorney would or would not do. In the end everything that you are suggesting would end up in the lap of the State Attorney. And this is the bottom line the way I see it. If the accused purports that he has only a hand full of people that he has business debt with in relation to his record of paying out; it’s not fraud and it may not be criminal. We don’t have debtors’ prison. I think the legal assumption is that when you do “business” for the intent of gaining Income there is always an underlying assumption of risk. I think it would take a truly recordable list of evidence like in the XYZ case where they have done so wrong to so many that it becomes prosecutable ( is that a word ) and that’s why we have the Business Claims Court. You would have to bring them in front of a Judge and at that point they can defend themselves. I know I’m probably frustrating you now because you want to do something but again I think the legal definitions of fraud and criminal are working against us. It’s not Criminal to not pay us its only illegal. And I really believe we are at the mercy of the Courts and Collection agencies and I’m also afraid those who take advantage of us are just as aware of this. Unless you are prepared to file a lawsuit or get a lawyer to do a small class action on behalf of many injured by a Company or have them brought up on charges by the state attorney for a real Criminal Act ( not just bad business ), I think we are at the end of the line because never forget they are business entities and therefore the individuals who would pay us are protected and have rights as well. In my time doing business I have learned that if you have an invoice for services rendered and you can’t get paid you can try to collect, try to have a Collection Agency collect for you, take them to court or sue. If you sue and you win and the Judge orders for payment and they still don’t want to pay they can dissolve that business entity, create another and they as individuals are protected and you still don’t get paid. I wish there were a middle ground but I don’t think our legal system allows for it, yet. I’m sorry to be so negative but I really believe there is only so much we can do. So my answer is fight fight fight and go after the people who owe you money as best you can and keep reporting the bad guys and eventually they will go away as so many have gone before. ( was that a line from a movie )

Have a great weekend

Edited by - radonotary on 08/31/2007 06:02:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Bell

California
19 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  02:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jennifer Bell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Radnotary:

I thought about this issue this morning, around 5:45, after my 3 YO woke me up because he thought it was a good time to get up. :)

What I have decided is this:

None of this is being done to collect. I have collected what was owed me. This is being done to protect the public, and the mortgage industry, from further fraudulent activity.

Each of us, citizens of this country and our respective states, have an obligation to protect the public by reporting those agencies who are committing suspected fraud to the powers that be. If I were to defraud my friends and neighbors of hundreds each, if not thousands, I could get rich, but I would also expect to do time for my crime.

That said, I do agree with you, that too much regulation will be a bad thing for everyone.

I don't like to be a doubter, but I don't really think that the government is going to care to help me much. I just know that each of us, in our own jurisdictions, need to be reporting to law enforcement the criminal activity in this business.

Check out this site: http://www.amnotaryalliance.com/ That's all I'm trying to encourage.

quote:
Originally posted by radonotary

quote:
I also want to have each state responsible to govern it's own signing companies. In other words, I don't think it's right for an Internet escrow company to call a signing agency in California, who then hires a notary in Nebraska to do a signing for a borrower in Nebraska. Each state needs to be able to pursue the fraudulent companies within their jurisdiction.

Ok, now for my 2¢. look! The only reason we even have this industry is because of the crossing of state lines. Before life began for us, Mortgage Brokers and Title Companies were not allowed to cross state Lines. It was due to legislation, years ago, for fair trade practices that those laws were changed allowing an Escrow Co. in Nevada to sell a loan to someone in Georgia that caused the need to have a remote closer because they were using Chicago Title to process the transaction. This is why they need us. Otherwise people would still have to go to the Title Co. and sit at that marble table, squirming in their seats for hours and hours. Please don’t do anything to change this or we will all be out of a nice job. To that end I also read someone talking about regulating the prices to fixed rates. NO, NO, NO, NO. Some Escrow firms pay more than others and some pay phenomenal fees. The last thing in the world any of us want is some Title Co. changing their Notary fee from 225.00 to 100 because that is the regulated fee. This is still America and its called FREE ENTERPRISE. Titoizing the Signing Industry would be a step backwards from Capitalism and Democracy. ( dam commies ) it’s a joke, relax.

Linda is right it’s a business. And like any other business, you have to follow our societies business regulations in order to effect collections, unless you are willing to send Tony and Vito to break some legs. ( wouldn’t that be great ) The fact is if you do business with people who are hundreds of miles away from you ( and we have to ), you can't go to the court house to file a small claim; all you can do is everything Linda says or send and call in your own collection demands. Any governing body would tell you to take them to small claims court. It’s a business matter. Unfortunately that is not cost efficient for us and so we eat it. Now if you want to do something real. Start a Signing Agent Collection Firm and we might give you 25% of our deadbeat invoices if you collect them. But please learn how to be a real collection firm and report the
Go to Top of Page

cybor462

Pennsylvania
12 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  02:32:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit cybor462's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard of Beach 2 Bay out of Fla? Just called me for a signing. Would like to know if I should take it as it is tonight.

Thanks

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Bell

California
19 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  2:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jennifer Bell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very well written two-cents. (Why in the world did they take that symbol off of the keyboard??)

You've presented a good argument for your points, also. Attorney only would be bad! I'll definitely take your points into consideration. Free enterprise is good. But surely there's a compromise in there, somewhere????

Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  1:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I also want to have each state responsible to govern it's own signing companies. In other words, I don't think it's right for an Internet escrow company to call a signing agency in California, who then hires a notary in Nebraska to do a signing for a borrower in Nebraska. Each state needs to be able to pursue the fraudulent companies within their jurisdiction.

Ok, now for my 2¢. look! The only reason we even have this industry is because of the crossing of state lines. Before life began for us, Mortgage Brokers and Title Companies were not allowed to cross state Lines. It was due to legislation, years ago, for fair trade practices that those laws were changed allowing an Escrow Co. in Nevada to sell a loan to someone in Georgia that caused the need to have a remote closer because they were using Chicago Title to process the transaction. This is why they need us. Otherwise people would still have to go to the Title Co. and sit at that marble table, squirming in their seats for hours and hours. Please don’t do anything to change this or we will all be out of a nice job. To that end I also read someone talking about regulating the prices to fixed rates. NO, NO, NO, NO. Some Escrow firms pay more than others and some pay phenomenal fees. The last thing in the world any of us want is some Title Co. changing their Notary fee from 225.00 to 100 because that is the regulated fee. This is still America and its called FREE ENTERPRISE. Titoizing the Signing Industry would be a step backwards from Capitalism and Democracy. ( dam commies ) it’s a joke, relax.

Linda is right it’s a business. And like any other business, you have to follow our societies business regulations in order to effect collections, unless you are willing to send Tony and Vito to break some legs. ( wouldn’t that be great ) The fact is if you do business with people who are hundreds of miles away from you ( and we have to ), you can't go to the court house to file a small claim; all you can do is everything Linda says or send and call in your own collection demands. Any governing body would tell you to take them to small claims court. It’s a business matter. Unfortunately that is not cost efficient for us and so we eat it. Now if you want to do something real. Start a Signing Agent Collection Firm and we might give you 25% of our deadbeat invoices if you collect them. But please learn how to be a real collection firm and report them for negative remarks on their corporate credit and so on and so forth. Otherwise continue to post all the a--h---- on sites like this one so we can avoid them too. The really good news is that with enough communication amongst ourselves, this s--- of the earth will wither and die grueling, painful deaths. ( I hope )

Please keep the Government out of this or the next thing you may find is that your state is an Attorney only closing state. I think that would be a bad thing. YA THINK?!?

Edited by - radonotary on 08/30/2007 1:52:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Bell

California
19 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  12:36:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jennifer Bell's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  11:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

c'mmmmon guuuuuyyysss!!!(How's that for whining??? My kids do it all day, every day, so you'd think I'd be good at it!)

Join with me, and write a few letters to your local, state and federal politicians. I can help you with ideas if you need them. But this is going to keep happening if we don't do something about it. Your Sec. of State is the governing body for notarial acts, therefore they should be informed and CARE about what happens to notaries. Most states provide an email address for the Sec. of State, and you can complain that way! The only thing that is going to help is to have checks and balances!

Jennifer - IMO I don't think the SOS is going to help you collect past due invoices - that's the Signing Agent part of your job and is a business issue that they don't get involved in - they're not a collection agency. As you said - they're the governing body for "notarial acts".

There's another thread somewhere (here and on several other boards) where someone had a detective with the fraud division in Irvine, CA looking into Signatures Plus...this was a few months ago and not sure how far it's gone but it might help to contact her or the detective to get in the loop. Do a search here..I haven't seen a post about it in quite some time.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Bell

California
19 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  07:38:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jennifer Bell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
c'mmmmon guuuuuyyysss!!!(How's that for whining??? My kids do it all day, every day, so you'd think I'd be good at it!)

Join with me, and write a few letters to your local, state and federal politicians. I can help you with ideas if you need them. But this is going to keep happening if we don't do something about it. Your Sec. of State is the governing body for notarial acts, therefore they should be informed and CARE about what happens to notaries. Most states provide an email address for the Sec. of State, and you can complain that way! The only thing that is going to help is to have checks and balances!
Go to Top of Page

nancym

Montana
12 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  07:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit nancym's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Signature's Plus owe me money and I even went to the lender and they were of no help, then I tried to call Signature's again and the line is diconnected, and also A2ZNotary is another scamer, they owe me $125 for a April signing I have a collection agency after them but feel that I will not see payment.

Nancy Misenar
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Alabama
3 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  03:04:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dbedwards

quote:
Originally posted by lildeb1951

I also had a problem getting paid by Signatures Plus but a phone call from my attorney and a complaint to the BBB got some action. They don't return phone calls. I just received my check after 120 days.
quote:
Originally posted by cndyhny

Signatures Plus from California is another on to add to the list for non payment. It took me 6 months and a BBB inqury for them to pay me.

Unfortunately, I cannot afford to have a lawyer on retainer.... so how can you get the folks to pay otherwise? I have made a complaint at the BBB with no response. SignaturesPlus owes me $100 for a signing I did in March of this year. $100 is not worth hiring a lawyer. Naturally, they do not return my phone calls, answer e-mails, no response, with exception to registered, certified invoice I sent. The signature card was returned, but the signature was naturally unreadable.
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Bell

California
19 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  07:17:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jennifer Bell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are all of you from NJ? I am in CA, and I've tried to get others to join with me, writing to their local FBI offices and political figures to get legislation written that will require checks and balances in the signing industry.

My contact information follows: jennifer-bell@comcast.net / 707.449.0718. I will be happy to send samples of letters I've written, and a list of people you should target.

All I can tell you is that the signing companies are going to continue to abuse us if we don't do something about it. Yes, it will require effort on our part. But it's worth it in order to ensure that we are paid, and the companies are fined if we aren't.

This is more fraud within the mortgage industry. Our housing prices are dropping like flies because of the fraud in this industry.
Go to Top of Page

CMN-CA

California
13 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  05:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit CMN-CA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LandAmerica One Stop. I did a signing for them last month (7/26) and called for payment today. I was told that they needed the tracking # to close out the order. I replied, "Your company provided the tracking # with the airbill with the loan docs."....He replied, "Payment will be sent within 14 days." Also note, the tracking # is NOT requested on their fax back notary checklist. Are they in some kind of cash flow trouble to hold back on payments using incorrect excuses?
Go to Top of Page

NiceNEZone

South Carolina
8 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  08:13:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit NiceNEZone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a signing for First Choic Signing Service back in May 2007. They FINALLY sent me a check in July, but guess what? THE CHECK IS NOT GOOD! Thanks God I didn't deposit it into my checking account, but instead have been taking it to the bank EVERYDAY since July 10th and each time they tell me that they can't do anything about it at this time.

Of course you know I called Jarrod Rodgers (707-631-1685 -- just in case someone is trying to contact them) and he told me the check was good....that was today (8/16), so I took the check to the bank and guess what? NOT GOOD....then he tells me to send him back the check and he will write me another one? Write me another bad check? I don't think so. So I am out $300.00 on TWO signing for this company.

I understand exactly what I have written and I have not lied about anything. Please beware of this company as they have no intentions of paying you for services rendered.

TJ Mobile Notary Service
Columbia, South Carolina
Go to Top of Page

charmained

Florida
2 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  12:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit charmained's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a closing for her in Dec. still haven't received payment. she doesn't answer phone or e-mail...Agree watch out for Florida mobile Closings...do not pay

Welcome to club Marlene in Florida. You are guaranteed not to receive payment. I personally know of 3 notaries here in Jacksonville that she owes money. Check out the message board on Notary Rotary. Marlene is bad news. She owes so many people, I not sure if she knows who she has not paid and will not be paying.

quote:
Originally posted by morgansfind

Watch out for Florida Mobile Closings that is run by Marlene Reveron. I did a signing for this company and she found me on this website. After doing the work for her I was given the run around about not receiving a w-9, or the check is in the mail. Florida Mobile Closings that is run by Marlene Reveron. She has not paid me.
I complained to the title company, November 2006. I do not take any signings in Florida - I am in California.

[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

jennifer11977

Arizona
6 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  12:41:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit jennifer11977's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to let everyone know about my most recent conversation with XYZ Mazen agent. He actually had the nerve to call me to do a signing at 9:30pm tonight that is 30 minutes away from me for a fee of $75. I didn't catch the name of the company and negotiated my price to $95 and then I recieved the email and saw it said SOX. I called the number on the confirmation and GUESS WHAT... it didn't work! Go figure!! So I emailed Mazen and told him to call me asap. When he called I told him they still owed me money from the begining of June so I would not be able to do this signing and they could take me off their list. He said that signings done in June would be paid this month, and I told him that is unacceptable from a company with a terrible reputation. I hope he doesn't find a notary in Tucson, AZ to do that signing!! I know your not really supposed to call the lender but I did anyways to let him know what kind of company SOX is and that I wouldn't be doing the signing and more in likely it would be difficult for SOX to find a notary to work for them period.

We really need to figure out how to get the word out there more about bad companies like SOX. I feel sorry for the naive notary who is out at 9:30pm tonight working for a company that won't be paying.
Go to Top of Page

cybor462

Pennsylvania
12 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  10:05:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit cybor462's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I worked for DCI for a few months and they always paid late. The last job I did for them it took me 3 months and a BBB complaint and an AG complaint. Both complaints did nothing other than adding them to the bad business list. I finally was paid and if you can believe they kept calling me for months after to get me to do closings for them. I had fun with them, I kept pretending I could do it then said oh wait I have one on that day and time. Then they would say well when could you do it,,again I would pause and then say oh look I have a full book today. Then they asked could I do it the next day and I said sorry going on vacation. They called me a dozen times since and they finally got the message as I said the exact same thing each time they called. Let them waste their money on long distance. I had fun!
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Virginia
5 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  03:28:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do not and I repeat, DO NOT perform closings for Document Closers Inc. ("DCI") as they are in financial trouble and are not paying their closers at least in the Virginia area. I am still owed for closings performed in January, 2007 and Annette will not respond to my emails and will not take my calls at all! Stay away folks!
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Oregon
5 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  4:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi:

Thanks for the "good to go" list. I'm going to start a list of companies to do business with. I got too much flack for the "don't do business" with list. I appreciate the additional names of companies to avoid, but I like the idea of a positive list, too.

[quote]Originally posted by buffholtman

[quote]Originally posted by carl615

Companies I do not do business with for various reasons fron Theft of Services to dealing with completely incompetatnt arogant jerks.

1. United Notaries
2. SoX
3. Document Closers Inc.
4. Administrative Outsourcing
5. Speedy
6. United Signatures
7. Signing Pro
8. FNP Document Srevices
9. LIA Signing
10. Notaries Direct
11. Loansigners Inc.
12. N3 Notary Services
13. Service Link/National Link
14. Closing Quest
15. Madison Credit Managemnt
16. Express Financial Services
17. Navy Credit Union

Srveral Companies that are wonderful in my Humble opinion.
1. Platinum Signing Services/New Millinnium Title
2. Tordano
3. R&R Signing Services
4. NREIS
5. Transunion
6. Globsl Notary
and a few others.

[quote]Originally posted by dbedwards

[quote]Originally posted by ctnotary

Come on Notaries! Let's do this list! :O) Please add your "nightmare" companies and stories. Here are mine:

Accurate Sign Ups - THEY NEVER PAY
Land America One Stop - THEY DON'T CALL YOU TO CANCEL
Freedom Mortgage - THE LO'S YELL AT YOU IF YOU DON'T FORCE BORROWERS TO SIGN
Madison Credit - FIVE DIFFERENT EMAILS FOR THE PACKAGE AND SEND REVISED DOCS, MINUTES BEFORE A CLOSING AND DO NOT CALL YOU TO TELL YOU

Please add yours

Elizabeth F. Holtman
Go to Top of Page

ctnotary

8 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  07:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit ctnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The content of this entry has been removed due to a request.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.