123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Free For All
 123notary & NNA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2014 :  11:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A lot has happened since this post was commented upon. Our forum was a lot more active back in 2006, 2007, and 2008, and then died down.

Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  7:52:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
123notary.com

www.nationalnotary.org National Notary Association (NNA). Serving US Notaries for 50 Years!

Why do they have to use my name to advertise still? I will have to bring this up with them. Lookup 123notary.com on google and you will find it. The NNA is using 123notary.com's name to advertise their site. I wonder if that is even legal?
Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  1:42:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
as well they should
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  08:17:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The thought suddenly occured to me. I wonder if this blog will get published on google. Sometimes strings in our forum get on the first page of google. The NNA will hit the roof if they find out that what they did became publicized inadvertantly. I'm sure that whatever staff member did the imitation of us was not authorized and nobody in management found out... yet. But they will find out.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  1:04:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw the site pretending to be 123notary. It is stupid and not even functional. If anyone visits them, they will quickly come back to our site if they really want to visit our site. The sell mostly become a notary classes which is something I am not selling much of these days anyway.

I will be optimizing my site for keywords notary123 and notary 123 which get a some search volume. Somebody already owns the site notary123.com and sells books for people in California to become a notary. Oh well. Thats their right.

However, its not someone's right to misuse my company name. They can advertise under the keyword 123notary on pay-per-click if they like, but not use my name.. otherwise I might get mad.
Go to Top of Page

vince

Kansas
324 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  07:42:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit vince's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by BrendaTx
If I were Jeremy, I'd be all over that and send them a friendly cease and desist email.

Jeremy's paid advertising, name recognition and reputation helps these others get recognized if he doesn't take action to stop it. If they are not up to his standards it could certainly hurt this group by association.
Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  10:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Here is the other company hijacking "123 notary".

Sponsored Links
123 Notary
Finding 123 Notary Sites?
Visit the Top Legal Sites.
Notary.PanelGeeks.com

If I were Jeremy, I'd be all over that and send them a friendly cease and desist email.

quote:
Originally posted by BrendaTx

What happens is when someone can't remember 123notary dot com but they can remember "123notary" or "123 notary" (which is being hijacked by yet another company), they put the search term into the URL bar or into google.com search bar.

The ad comes up as 123notary but it isn't. It's the faker. By using the 123notary trademarked name it is hijacking the branding for this site. Click on it and you will go to the NNA site.

Search terms are one thing, but using the title of 123notary in the ad is another. But, if it doesn't bother Jeremy, it shouldn't bother me. I just think it goes to show that the NNA will use unethical ad tactics. It's interesting to say the least.

quote:
Originally posted by Lee-AR

On 2/23, using MSN search, the following appeared under sponsored sites, center page, top spot:

Sponsored sites
123notary
- www.nationalnotary.org
National Notary Association (NNA). Serving US Notaries for 50 Years!

When you click on 123notary, you are taken to the NNA website.
I copied page into Word also, if you need it.

Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  10:50:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What happens is when someone can't remember 123notary dot com but they can remember "123notary" or "123 notary" (which is being hijacked by yet another company), they put the search term into the URL bar or into google.com search bar.

The ad comes up as 123notary but it isn't. It's the faker. By using the 123notary trademarked name it is hijacking the branding for this site. Click on it and you will go to the NNA site.

Search terms are one thing, but using the title of 123notary in the ad is another. But, if it doesn't bother Jeremy, it shouldn't bother me. I just think it goes to show that the NNA will use unethical ad tactics. It's interesting to say the least.

quote:
Originally posted by Lee-AR

On 2/23, using MSN search, the following appeared under sponsored sites, center page, top spot:

Sponsored sites
123notary
- www.nationalnotary.org

Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  9:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sponsored sites
123notary
- www.nationalnotary.org

Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  09:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Email me, Jeremy. I captured it on PDF yesterday in case you wanted to see it.

quote:
Originally posted by jbelmont

That is really interesting. I never noticed that before. But honestly, I am not really competing directly with the NNA since their offerings are very different from mine. On the other hand, I don't like them using my company name in their ad as that is not ethical and is deceptive to the users.

I checked and didn't see the fake 123 ad there

I am advertising heavily with google, but please understand that sometimes the ad might not show up for a few minutes or hours and then may re-show up. Google is weird in this respect. A bit unpredictable.

Let me know if you guys see any fraudulent advertising and I can call the NNA up and ask them to knock it off.

Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  07:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is really interesting. I never noticed that before. But honestly, I am not really competing directly with the NNA since their offerings are very different from mine. On the other hand, I don't like them using my company name in their ad as that is not ethical and is deceptive to the users.

I checked and didn't see the fake 123 ad there

I am advertising heavily with google, but please understand that sometimes the ad might not show up for a few minutes or hours and then may re-show up. Google is weird in this respect. A bit unpredictable.

Let me know if you guys see any fraudulent advertising and I can call the NNA up and ask them to knock it off.
Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  05:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yup
Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  05:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by radonotary

J., Sponsored Links mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes. These are paid ads. That's why it is so wrong when they do that.

It would be like me paying google to use the words 123notary and when someone clicked on the ad it would open up my website.

123notary has a proprietary right (I think that is the term) to their own name and trademark.

Obviously, I am not creating my part of this story for amusement. IamSam also found the problem as well as did Linda. It is possible that the ad has been pulled. If someone from the NNA was reading this board this morning and saw about the google ad display, they can have it pulled quickly through google's handy AdSense creation tools.
Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  05:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
J., Sponsored Links mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  05:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just did it. I put 123notary in the search bar. This was on the right ( sponsored links )

Mobile Notary 800 4551146
We take the Search out of your
out of your Mobile Notary search
www.n3notary.net
West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce, FL

Nationwide Notary Signing
Mortgage Signings anywhere in US
Notary/Attorney Signing Service
MerrittSvcInc.com

Superior Notary Services
Nationwide Signing Service
Toll Free 877-507-4600
www.superiornotaryservices.com

The Mobile Notary Guide
Notary business strategies.
Increase your Mobile Notary Biz
www.Intraplanetarypublishing.com

GoGetNotary.com™
Find a notary that travels to you!
Nationwide notary directory
GoGetNotary.com

Mobile Notary
No Fee If Loan Doesn't Fund!
Fast, Nationwide Signing Service.
www.MortgageDocs.com

The Official Notary Site.
National Notary Association (NNA).
Over 50 Million Notaries Since 1957
www.NationalNotary.org

Edited by - radonotary on 02/22/2008 05:06:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  05:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was on the right hand side where they serve google ads when I located it.

quote:
Originally posted by radonotary

I don't know if you have already fixed it but I just googled 123notary and it looks fine. this is what I got:

123notary.com
www.123notary.com Printable loan signing e-courses Find a mobile notary by city or zip

Mobile Notary Service
www.n3notary.net Any Time Any Place Member BBB Call 800.455.1146

mobile notary public directory - 123notary.com
Nationwide zip code searchable mobile notary public directory. Includes chat forum, supplies, and training to become a notary public or mobile notary.
www.123notary.com/ - 36k - Cached - Similar pages
Locate a Notary
Update your listing
Advertise With Us
123 Notary
Signing Companies
Certification Test
Loan Signing Course
Advanced Search
More results from 123notary.com »

More than 80% have contact info, 2 tries at cert test · Cert prep book · Elite test · Elite Prep ebook. ©2004 123Notary.com.
www.123notary.com/loansign.htm - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

NotaryWork Notary Solutions
Notary Work, Inc. 29222 Rancho Viejo Rd., Ste. 217. San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675. P: (888) 899-6963. F: (888) 211-4781. solutions@notarywork.com ...
notarywork.com/ - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

123notary.net, La Mesa, CA 91943 - Reviews: Notaries
See 1 review of 123notary.net in La Mesa, CA 91943: 123notary.net is always on time to every document signing and without error. I would recommend them to ...
sandiego.kudzu.com/ controller.jsp?An=4294966259&A=1182620&Au=P_CompanyID - 40k - Cached - Similar pages

Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  04:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know if you have already fixed it but I just googled 123notary and it looks fine. this is what I got:

123notary.com
www.123notary.com Printable loan signing e-courses Find a mobile notary by city or zip

Mobile Notary Service
www.n3notary.net Any Time Any Place Member BBB Call 800.455.1146

Nationwide zip code searchable mobile notary public directory. Includes chat forum, supplies, and training to become a notary public or mobile notary.
www.123notary.com/ - 36k - Cached - Similar pages
Locate a Notary
Update your listing
Advertise With Us
123 Notary
Signing Companies
Certification Test
Loan Signing Course
Advanced Search
More results from 123notary.com »

More than 80% have contact info, 2 tries at cert test · Cert prep book · Elite test · Elite Prep ebook. ©2004 123Notary.com.
www.123notary.com/loansign.htm - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

NotaryWork Notary Solutions
Notary Work, Inc. 29222 Rancho Viejo Rd., Ste. 217. San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675. P: (888) 899-6963. F: (888) 211-4781. solutions@notarywork.com ...
notarywork.com/ - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

123notary.net, La Mesa, CA 91943 - Reviews: Notaries
See 1 review of 123notary.net in La Mesa, CA 91943: 123notary.net is always on time to every document signing and without error. I would recommend them to ...
sandiego.kudzu.com/ controller.jsp?An=4294966259&A=1182620&Au=P_CompanyID - 40k - Cached - Similar pages

Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  03:59:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Same scumbag trick they pulled on NR through google ads.

Google 123notary on any google search box. Here's what you get.

123notary
National Notary Association (NNA).
Serving US Notaries for 50 Years!
www.nationalnotary.org

Harry put a stop to it via Google. They pulled the NNA's fake NR ad asap.

I know this because I am the one who located the fake ad and brought it to his attention.

quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

Jeremy, at the urging via e-mail from iamsam I searched through msn.com (which I'm sure you've done also)...here's what came up...

Sponsored sites123notary.com- www.nationalnotary.org

Click on the first 123Notary link and you're directed to the NNA website...

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  03:18:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy, at the urging via e-mail from iamsam I searched through msn.com (which I'm sure you've done also)...here's what came up...

Sponsored sites123notary.com- www.nationalnotary.org

Click on the first 123Notary link and you're directed to the NNA website...

Linda
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  01:51:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iamsam

My web browser is msn.com. When I type in 123notary.com it brings up a page that has NNA in the same subject matter. When I saw this, I immediately wanted to cancel my renewal with 123. Now that I know better, I appreciate all the comments.

I just tried this...IE7, Google and Yahoo searches...NONE of them brought up 123Notary with NNA logos....they all went straight to the 123Notary homepage...iamsam, possibly the NNA in the subject matter was quoting a post from that particular website??...just a thought.

Linda

Edited by - LindaH on 02/22/2008 02:01:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

iamsam

Virginia
35 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  01:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit iamsam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My web browser is msn.com. When I type in 123notary.com it brings up a page that has NNA in the same subject matter. When I saw this, I immediately wanted to cancel my renewal with 123. Now that I know better, I appreciate all the comments.
Go to Top of Page

iamsam

Virginia
35 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  12:17:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit iamsam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you type in 123notary.com it brings up 123notary and underneath it says National Notary Assn. I was going to ask for my membership money back if they were one and the same.
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  12:08:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wasn't 'Lee' that thought this. Was iamsam. Lee knows better. And now so does iamsam. LOL
Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  1:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
God no we are not the same!! What made you think that Lee?

Carmen
Go to Top of Page

Shannon

California
360 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  10:47:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shannon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LEE- good zinger!! my feelings exactly!!

NNA=PROFIT MACHINE (and don't give a hoot about the NSA)

Want a better experience?

Go with (UNAA) United Notary Association of America
by Notaries for Notaries!!

"A Quick Note"
WWW.AQUICKNOTE.NET
Now Providing "Service of Process" in Orange County, CA
Go to Top of Page

iamsam

Virginia
35 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  06:06:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit iamsam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are 123notary and National Notary Assn. the same company?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.