123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 CoverSign and Cogent Title
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gbaugh

Texas
21 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  09:18:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I met a borrower at DFW airport and completed a signing for COGENTCA on October 13, 2008. I have called, e-mailed, faxed and have not been paid. I have been told the check was being mailed that day. Yesterday, 1/5/09, Todd Ehrlich sent me an e-mail my check would be put in the mail today 1/6/09. Guess we'll see.

Glenda
Texas
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Florida
3 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  12:47:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LindaO

Coversign.. we all know that Maurice Coleman will tell you that he'll send a check.. well today I checked the web page and it says they are out of business... but are working with vendors. So I called and left a message. And I sent a letter to his Atlanta PO Box. I also called Cogent - and was told that Coversign was paid but if I send a copy of the invoice they would see what they could do... so I sent the invoice... Guess we'll see what happens... but my next step is a letter to the mortgage company.

I did a rush closing for him on 12/07 and never got paid. Who would I send my invoice to.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  01:03:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had any recent experience with Cogent Title?

Go to Top of Page

sailing

Washington
59 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  10:27:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit sailing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a closing in Washington State on 1/31 for cogentca.com. They paid on 3/19. The slow pay wasn't their fault.

Diane J. Elliott
Go to Top of Page

jrlbw

North Carolina
11 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  9:42:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit jrlbw's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did my first signing with Cogent on 1/28/08 and haven't been paid...No one returns by calls..I sent a fax today....Any sugggestions on how I can get paid by this company? Thanks...Linda

Linda Willett
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Florida
1 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  02:48:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coversign.. we all know that Maurice Coleman will tell you that he'll send a check.. well today I checked the web page and it says they are out of business... but are working with vendors. So I called and left a message. And I sent a letter to his Atlanta PO Box. I also called Cogent - and was told that Coversign was paid but if I send a copy of the invoice they would see what they could do... so I sent the invoice... Guess we'll see what happens... but my next step is a letter to the mortgage company.
Go to Top of Page

snoopdogMs

Mississippi
21 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  07:34:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit snoopdogMs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good for you Legal Eagle. I did a job for this company and had to beg for my money. I did finally get paid but you can bet my last dollar that I will not close for them again. Beware agents!
Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  12:50:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cogent is still in business. They called me a couple of days ago and I politely turned them down. This forum really helps you find the deadbeats.

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services
Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  10:40:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Speaking of News Media, every local has an investigative reporter at the local News Station. You could try that.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

North Carolina
0 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  07:29:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have closed several loans for coversign/cogent. I have not been able to get payment as well. Maurice keeps sending me emails saying the check is in the mail.

This guy as the worst morals. I don't know whether it is true about coversign/cogent. But cogent has atty working with them and if that are not paying complaint to the bar association, banking commision, secretary of state (kentucky) and if you are a member of nna coversign is listed under business directory and you can rate them their. NNA said if they get a lot of complaints them they will drop them.

Don't let these companies think they can not pay us. Or take their time.

We should treated with respect just like the attorney, appraiser and loan officer.
Go to Top of Page

LBJ

Maryland
14 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  07:50:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit LBJ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Coersign won't pay me either. Maurice coleman is the deadbeat that won't respond or pay me either. He told me that they pay 2x/month and I would be paid on January 10. It is now 2/12 and still no payment nor response to emails and phone calls. What a rotten person. Where is his intregity?
Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  09:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear of your problem. Keep at it. Some of these companies are using us to pay their bills. So you have to be very careful. You pose a interesting idea about the news media.

Carmen
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Florida
2 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  01:08:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CoverSign in Kentucky isn't answering my calls, etc., etc. and Maurice Coleman owes me for 2 signings. I read from another site that Cogent Title may be the new CoverSign. But Cogent Title claims they no longer do business with them (as they were the title company for the 2 closings that CoverSign owes me for). Any suggestions? Has anyone ever contacted FOX News or other TV news station to publicize non-payment from people like them?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.