123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Title Stream National Closing / TS Connections(TX)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

JJSeabrook

Texas
6 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  8:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got one from these bastages too. They owe me for two closings and offered me 10% from somebody at one point, to which I told'em to shove it. Got this one in the mail today, and also got a creditor's meeting notice from LandAmerica.

Actually, I got this Chapter 7 notice in, that I just now opened my mail at home, from the Sturgeons and didn't know who I was getting the notice from until I came over here to find it was TitleStream. I knew that was coming, and had already written on those invoices that it was a BK write-off.

I have no intention of wasting my time filing a claim as I doubt I'd even get the cost of my stamp back, much less the time it would take me to fill out the claim. No since crying over spilt milk.

If it makes you feel any better, their 4 BR, 3 bath house is on the block for $415,000.00. Here's the link. http://www.fizber.com/texas/buy-single-family-home-2071638.html

You can feel better knowing that your money they received from the closing, and stole from you and I, kept them in their house for a little longer. I certainly feel better. LOL

It's a craps roll out there when you take a signing. Keep that in mind before you go to slashing your fees. I never cut mine for any of them. They either pay it, or I don't take it, and I NEVER do ANY closing for less than $125.00 if it has edocs. Hang in there!

Best of luck all!

JJ
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  5:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You'll get another notice instructing you to file a Proof of Claim - since you got the first notice they have your name in their list of creditors but notifying the attorney doesn't work - it all has to go through the BK court, now..

And after the Bankruptcy will be too late - all creditors are probably going to be discharged and you won't be able to chase them - follow the instructions from the BK court for best results. Of course, since signing agents are unsecured creditors, you're at the bottom of the totem pole and probably will only see a small percentage on the dollar owed, if anything.

From www.uscourts.gov

"One of the primary purposes of bankruptcy is to discharge certain debts to give an honest individual debtor a "fresh start." The debtor has no liability for discharged debts. In a chapter 7 case, however, a discharge is only available to individual debtors, not to partnerships or corporations. 11 U.S.C. § 727(a)(1). Although an individual chapter 7 case usually results in a discharge of debts, the right to a discharge is not absolute, and some types of debts are not discharged. Moreover, a bankruptcy discharge does not extinguish a lien on property."

Sneaky - now when Titlestream's bankruptcy is over with, you can't chase the Sturgeons for anything...they're protected...unless you can prove you weren't included in the bankruptcy. Boy am I glad they don't owe me any money!!

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell

Edited by - LindaH on 01/08/2009 5:28:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

eefairy303

Texas
47 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  4:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit eefairy303's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i got that bankruptcy letter as well....i sent a letter to monte's attorney to notify him of my claim. i guess we'll see what happens. i'm glad they're going after them too. what a dirtbag!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by southernfried

Im glad they are going after them. I will wait till after the BR to file my claim. Im sure if I file know they will just wash all the bad debit away.

Go to Top of Page

southernfried

13 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  4:28:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im glad they are going after them. I will wait till after the BR to file my claim. Im sure if I file know they will just wash all the bad debit away.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

1 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  2:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got a notice today that they filed for bankruptcy. It states Monte Sturgeon & Stacey Sturgeon as the debtors. The last job I did for them was in 2007 and it took 4 months and me calling again and again to get paid for it.
Go to Top of Page

southernfried

13 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  07:05:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

First:
Mr. Buskirk is not the person notaries are trying to collect monies from, thanks for clearing that up (like we didn’t know) Monte Sturgeon is, Monte is/was the president of Titlestream, the company who owes numerous notaries money. When I was told by the supposed President of your company Monte is a "Special Consultant" with Maverick, I thought great, now we might get paid.

Second:
When we contacted Titlestream about processing some new orders, the Post I had below (and now removed by 123not, don’t worry the Title Company sent it to me and we all have copies) stated that all orders will now be going through your office.

This email gave out Monte’s phone number and his new Mav Nat email address.

If Monte or TS is not merged with you then how come new orders end up on your desk? I’m sure this was done at no cost from Mav Nat. I’m sure TS just sent them to you out of the goodness of their hearts. I’m sure this was this was done for the greater good of the customer.

How come you are moving/shifting files over from TS?

How come Monte has a Mav Nat email address?

Why would your company continue to employ someone with such shady payment procedures?

As far as we are concerned your company is put on the DO NOT use list for these very reasons.

If you want to get aggressive, that’s your right. But by threatening us with your aggressive behavior will not detour us from our mission objective, and that is to get PAID! In fact it may only strengthen it.

Maybe instead of being so defensive, you could let your company president and fellow employees know how TS and Monte have been treating notaries around the country. After all he does represent Mav Nat now according to your president. And this will be a direct reflection of your company.

I am very happy though, I finally received my payment from TS, even though it WAS 90 old, this after the first check bounced. Good thing it was not a bounced Escrow check! And yes I have the bank copy with a big fat NSF on it.

Go to Top of Page

n/a

Texas
1 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  08:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I am one of the Attorneys for Maverick National Services. I am responding to this Forum entry to clarify once and for all that Maverick is not affilaited with Title Stream. Maverick did not consummate any merger, acquisition, stock swap, asset sale, or anything similar. Mr. Buskirk, a previous employee of Title Stream is now employed by Maverick. Further Mr. Buskirk does not owe you any money, rather his former employer does. We are not currently aware of what Title Stream's future or current status but anticipate that they are winding down the business.

Please understand that Maverick will not remain idle while we are disparaged by notaries who are upset with Title Streams payables and attempting to put us in that same light. Any slanderous, libelous or other remarks will be dealt with aggressively, as we take pride in our reputation and the fact that we pay all of our vendor partners in a timely manner. We challenge anyone to produce a fact that is contrary to that statement.

Although we are sympathetic with the current mortgage industry difficulties which we all are feelings, some more than others, we did not create this circumstance that you are experiencing and again allow me to be clear that we will not tolerate being disparaged or our reputation placed into question. Our focus is on conversion of the great clients that Title Stream served through the years and continuing to grow our vendor partners who help make the closing experience positive for all parties.

If you have any questions, please contact us at info@mavericknational.com. In addition, we are monitoring these websites to determine which notaries, if any, are fueling these incorrect rumors regarding our presumed affiliation with Title Stream.

Regretfully,

Maverick National Services

P.S.
Souternfried, just an FYI and maybe in a different post, it is illegal for a Tx TC to split premium with anyone, that is not only a TDI issue, but also a RESPA violation, regardless of whether the splitter or splitee is licensed.
Go to Top of Page

southernfried

13 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  08:09:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally got a check out of these people, I had to call Monte's new job and call, call and call till they(people at his new place of employment)got sick of me and he(after getting 100 messages at new job) finally got back to me.

Edited by - southernfried on 10/20/2008 12:21:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

eefairy303

Texas
47 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  2:01:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit eefairy303's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sent an email to the lender, they told me contact title stream directly. of course, they did not respond. i sent out a form letter to the BBB, secretary of state and attorney general. will let you know if i get a response from one of them!!

quote:
Originally posted by eefairy303

i did a closing for them on august 18th, was paid $125.00 but i billed for $200.00 due to a re-draw. i've emailed and called several times but no one will talk to me. i sent an email directly to the lender today. will let you know what happens!!

Go to Top of Page

southernfried

13 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  12:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The boxI posted below was the email I got from a T/C in reguards to Titlescam, er I mean Titlestream. I have called them and they tell me Monte is not working there, he is an advisor. If he's advising this company we will not acceot any work from them either.
Go to Top of Page

eefairy303

Texas
47 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  10:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit eefairy303's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i did a closing for them on august 18th, was paid $125.00 but i billed for $200.00 due to a re-draw. i've emailed and called several times but no one will talk to me. i sent an email directly to the lender today. will let you know what happens!!

Go to Top of Page

youngster

Maryland
44 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2008 :  06:37:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit youngster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got the same email message from Metro Title. Offered to pay 10% of Title Stream's invoice. I would not accept. Told them this was an insult. Personally, I would rather have nothing than to not even be paid for the cost of my gas.
Go to Top of Page

rennie

North Carolina
4 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  6:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got a email from a guy named Ralph Little(Metro National Financial) asking me to take 10% on all outstanding invoices against Titlestream. I told him Monte Sturgeon(owner of Titlestream)took the money he owed us and spent it. His co. is trying to take Titlestream over and can't do it unless all outstading invoice holders agree to 10%. I EMAILED HIM BACK AND TOLD HIM TO FORGET IT.

Go to Top of Page

gjk-fl

Florida
151 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  09:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit gjk-fl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a closing for them on Aug 20, 2008 and they paid me when it funded. I got paid well and fast AND the check did NOT bounce. I would work for them again in a hearbeat.

gjk
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Virginia
4 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  7:55:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those that are still owed money by Title Stream, I thought I'd spread the word. I, too, was owed substantial moneys by them - in this case, work 5 months ago.

Like many of you, my contact with them (voicemail, e-mail, and fax) went from friendly to more aggressive, to having to make legal threats. Matt Blackmon, the title agent, would occasionally respond with an apologetic acknowledgement. However, Jan DeLisle, the accounting contact responsible for sending our checks, never once acknowledged my dozens of attempts to reach her regarding payment.

In any case, I spoke to a higher-up from the lending institution tied the last loan I closed for them and was informed by him that Title Stream actually went out of business as of a month or so ago. They may still be processing orders that were submitting prior to their folding, which might explain how some their Notaries are still getting paid. While some legal action may still be possible, this lender representative (whose word I trust, as he is reputable individual in the Virginia real estate and mortgage banking industries) assured me that they have definitely folded, and that his company was given notice of this back when they still had professional ties with Title Stream.

In any case, should work be offered from them at this stage, please do not accept. It's pretty certain at this point that payment will not be seen...
Go to Top of Page

msc5866

Florida
25 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  4:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit msc5866's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a couple signing for them in 2007 and it took over 90 days for payment. This was after begging and pleading for my payment

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  1:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did two reverse mortgages for them eighteen months ago - took them 60 days to pay me then...never worked for them after that but I think it was because they wouldn't meet my fee....

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

DChambers1123

Arizona
27 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  07:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit DChambers1123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This SS, again "USE TO" pay promptly, but has been having problems with paying this notary. I've received several voice mails indicating payment will be made "this Friday"--and that was more than 3 months ago for a reverse signing that took place in Jan 08. As of this posting, no payment received.

Go to Top of Page

youngster

Maryland
44 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  07:05:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit youngster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Title Stream "USED TO BE" good. They owe me for a reverse mortg. signing I did in Jan. 08. Lots of excuses, no check rec'd. They will leave a voice mail with a promise that they do not ever keep. I am staying on them for payment, but so far, no check. Several notaries in my area (including me) will never accept a job from them again.

Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  12:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Title Stream has been behaving this way for years. I did two for them in late 2005 and I had to hound them for payment. I heard on another forum that they are not paying their abstractors, either.

CopperheadVA
Go to Top of Page

LSS33

8 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  12:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit LSS33's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Used to occasionally accept a signing from them. Always a problem, always broken promises. Each time I got paid after threats by phone and emails.
Don't bother, they are unprofessional to say the least,

Go to Top of Page

mking326

Illinois
13 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  1:37:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit mking326's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Title Stream for several months now and have gotten paid, sometimes they are a little slow with payment. They did however go down on their fee to 100.00. I have not had any business from them since January 2008 in Illinois or Michigan.

Maria King
Go to Top of Page

cnaylor

California
32 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  11:52:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit cnaylor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If we are referring to Title Stream National Closing Solutions in Coppell TX.....

The currently owe for for a signing in late Nov '07 & early Feb '08.

Craig/CA
Go to Top of Page

claudia

Texas
54 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  4:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit claudia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
so don't do signings for this company until they pay you a good price. I stopped. I am not hurting for business. Do no error signings and they'll be coming after you.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Texas
1 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  06:27:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is Title Stream in Coppell, TX. I do a lot of reverse mortgage signings with them. I have been fairly happy with them. They do pay a little slower than other title companies. They pay about as quickly as a notary signing company. (3-4 weeks) My only real complaint is that they dropped their notary fee to $100 no matter how far the signing location. I travel 100 miles or more (one-way) on some of their closings. So that has gotten tough with gas prices and all.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  6:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This company is supposed to be good. Has anyone worked for them before?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.