123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Free For All
 Definitions?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  01:59:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As we all are aware, this concern arose due to one person's alleged misconduct in the forum. At this time, it would appear to be an isolated incident so numbering the amount of posts should not be enforced. Needless to say Jeremy, you definitely have the right idea about limiting the nature of the posts.

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  10:34:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have decided NOT to limit the number of posts. There will be no limits to quantity. The only limits will concern the nature of posts. If one person is provoking another person to the point where they complain to 123notary, then and only then will there be any sort of limitations, and the limitations would be to TYPES of posts, and generally not to quantity unless the quantity is found to be a huge problem.

Please don't slander others on our forum repeatedly even if what you are complaining about is true. Please handle dramas on your own avenues of communication.
Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  09:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think it could be detrimental to limit the number of posts from a member.
It isn't the quantity of posts from a member that should count, it is the quality.

quote:
By limiting the number of posts per person per week you're restricting your good members because of the misdeeds of one and could be difficult considering the number of threads in play per day here.... it's not an issue of limiting posts so much as it is controlling the type of behavior we saw over the last few days to a week.

You know Jeremy, you are the Moderator and Administrator. You were made aware of a temp. problem and you dealt with it. Personally I think the way you handled it was perfect.

I don't think you would need to do anything else, like limits. It may not even be necessary.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  08:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are correct. I will modify my new forum policy according to what you said. I could say that if someone is being a nuissance, and posting more than five posts a week, then I would reserve the right to intervene.

There always has to be a number though, because if someone posts one post per blue moon, how would that be a nuisance, its only a bother if it keeps happening again and again.

quote:
Originally posted by beccafla

Jeremy,

It's not so much about numbers, but more about being a nuisance.

123Notary is YOUR business, Jeremy. Make decisions based on what is good for YOUR business and the patrons you serve. If 80% of your patrons say they are no longer going to do business with you because they find your place of business is no longer appealing, you need to make changes or prepare to lose business. It's just common sense.

Florida NSA Network - "Florida's Premier Notary Network"
Need a Mobile Closer in Florida? Ask me for a referral.
FloridaNSANetwork.com

Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  08:33:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll think about what you said. I would only take action if others were bothered. I am not sure about the ignore feature. This is a completely new drama to me. In the past, we had problems with spam, but not with this type of excessive posting. I think I will be able to control it without an ignore feature, but I'll look into it.

quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

My .02

By limiting the number of posts per person per week you're restricting your good members because of the misdeeds of one and could be difficult considering the number of threads in play per day here.... it's not an issue of limiting posts so much as it is controlling the type of behavior we saw over the last few days to a week. When you have a manic-like posting like we saw, then it SHOULD be under your control to do something about it.

My husband is on a board regarding his favorite football team - they have an "ignore" feature there where you can block a person if you don't wish to read their posts....you can see that person posted but you can't read the post...might be something worth looking into to avoid future issues like we saw.

JMHO

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell

Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  08:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The rule would be based on who I think the individual is. I would not allow aliases if an individual was causing any type of stir. They might be able to create new profiles, but once I caught up, and I would be looking for them, I would lock or eliminate the new profiles.

Another aspect of the rule would be that it would not be regarded as excessive unless members complained. If nobody is bothered, then there would not be a point in restricting someone. I am generally pro freedom unless there is a problem.
quote:
Originally posted by vince

Ten would be a good maximum. That raises another question. How many aliases may a person have on 123Notary?

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  06:15:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My .02

By limiting the number of posts per person per week you're restricting your good members because of the misdeeds of one and could be difficult considering the number of threads in play per day here.... it's not an issue of limiting posts so much as it is controlling the type of behavior we saw over the last few days to a week. When you have a manic-like posting like we saw, then it SHOULD be under your control to do something about it.

My husband is on a board regarding his favorite football team - they have an "ignore" feature there where you can block a person if you don't wish to read their posts....you can see that person posted but you can't read the post...might be something worth looking into to avoid future issues like we saw.

JMHO

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell

Edited by - LindaH on 01/16/2008 06:16:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

beccafla

Florida
96 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  03:37:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit beccafla's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeremy,

It's not so much about numbers, but more about being a nuisance.

123Notary is YOUR business, Jeremy. Make decisions based on what is good for YOUR business and the patrons you serve. If 80% of your patrons say they are no longer going to do business with you because they find your place of business is no longer appealing, you need to make changes or prepare to lose business. It's just common sense.

Florida NSA Network - "Florida's Premier Notary Network"
Need a Mobile Closer in Florida? Ask me for a referral.
FloridaNSANetwork.com
Go to Top of Page

Sylvia_FL

Florida
46 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  03:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sylvia_FL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Suppose you limit the maximum number of posts per person to 10 a week. What happens if more than 10 members have posted asking for help on notary work, and someone willing to help is restricted to only helping 10 of those members?

I think it could be detrimental to limit the number of posts from a member.
It isn't the quantity of posts from a member that should count, it is the quality.
Go to Top of Page

vince

Kansas
324 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  01:21:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit vince's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ten would be a good maximum. That raises another question. How many aliases may a person have on 123Notary?
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  3:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This post is not directed at any individual. But the topic has arisen regarding what can be regarded as excessive posting. Many people visit the forum every week or two and post a bunch of posts all in one visit. That seems normal. So, to create a definition of what is excessive posting, it should be based on a total amount of posts per week.

I am wondering what seems like a maximum number of posts per week that seems appropriate for one member to post. I thought that ten per week seemed like a reasonable maximum in general. Of course, someone might have a stream of consciousness on a particular week and post more than that. Everybody's opinions are welcome.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.