123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Settlement Corp./Titleserv
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jschultz

California
37 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  7:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great.Thanks for taking the time to post this.I have the feeling this poor woman will be swamped with calls on Monday.

Go to Top of Page

wellzie

Pennsylvania
8 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  7:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the contact for Citi, She was very nice and helpful.
Terri-Lynn Vettes
REL Vendor Manager Citibank N.A
6300 Interfirst Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
734-295-5557

Also read in the news that Titleserv/Settlement Corp is being sued by Title Insurance Company which is stating that 7.9 million dollars is missing from their escrow accounts. You can pull the actual court filing up on the internet. I guessing this is most likely the tip of the iceberg.

Go to Top of Page

jschultz

California
37 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  9:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's good to hear.Can you share with the rest of us the contact info you have? Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

wellzie

Pennsylvania
8 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  07:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have two unpaid closings from this company and they both were Citibank's. Called Vendor Management for Citi and was able to get check cut from them for both closings.

Go to Top of Page

jim17

New Hampshire
3 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  12:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit jim17's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for letting me know - I appreciate it
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  05:31:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jim17

They have not paid me for a job I did on March 31st of 2011. Also, nobody is responding to my e-mails nor does anyone pick up their phone & there is no operator or automated vm system answering their calls. - OOB ?? Does anyone know if they are still doing business?

They shut their doors on 4/8/11 and offices were subsequently raided by the FBI late April/early May.

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2011/04/14/title-company-closes-doors-in-47-states/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl10%7Csec3_lnk3%7C209855

Sorry this happened to you - maybe this link and google searches will yield some info as to who you can make a claim with - or just wait for the bankruptcy notice and file your proof of claim.

Good Luck.

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

jim17

New Hampshire
3 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  05:19:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim17's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They have not paid me for a job I did on March 31st of 2011. Also, nobody is responding to my e-mails nor does anyone pick up their phone & there is no operator or automated vm system answering their calls. - OOB ?? Does anyone know if they are still doing business?
Go to Top of Page

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  05:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone noticed this company is paying really slow now I have 4 invoices from them and they are all now well over 60 days old. I have spoken to many people there and I get the same story every time, but they never pay. I have worked for them for many years and they have been slow but never 60+ days like they are now. I hate having to waste my time being a co0llection agency from a title company

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@embarqmail.com
Go to Top of Page

LIZBETH

Florida
19 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  08:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit LIZBETH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH SETTLEMENT CORP, EXCEPT THEY TAKE A LONG TIME TO PLAY. HOWEVER, IT IS WRITTEN IN THE CONFIRMATION HOW THEY PAY
THEY PAY ME $75 FOR OVERNIGHT, AND IT IS MOSTLY OVERNIGHTED, OR $25 MORE FOR EDOCS. I DO NOT GO OUT OF MY COUNTY TO WORK, SO THE DISTANCES ARE PRETTY MUCH STANDARD. THEY ALWAYS PAY AS STATED, AS LEAST SO FAR
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2007 :  07:03:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't forget that on those Citibank home equity loans, they require two additional copies of the Mortgage/Deed of Trust, plus an extra copy of their loan agreement, plus they always have extra pages in there with the original Deed and such. When they e-mail me a Citibank package, it's usually 68 pages, and that's before the extra copies of the DOT and loan agreement. I think it's a lot of printing to do for free.

CopperheadVA
Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2007 :  02:47:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been doing their signings for approximately two years and have had only one problem where I asked to be removed from their list. Since then, Hope and I have agreed to disagree and she continues to send me work to this day. I have never had a problem with payment from Settlement Corp. Needless to say, I am in on this with everyone else. Do not work for free. I have always been paid what I ask for from Settlement Services.

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services
Go to Top of Page

cybor462

Pennsylvania
12 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  03:06:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit cybor462's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I work for them all the time. They tried that with me and I told them I could not work for free. I said if they were unable to pay for services rendered then they would need to remove me from their list. Needless to say I got my fee and they call all the time. They pay on time too. They are a good company to work for.

Like the others said, you need to hold firm or you will find many companies that will want you to work for free. Do your job to the best of your ability, check and recheck, and set a fee that you can afford to accept and stick to it.

Edited by - cybor462 on 08/31/2007 03:09:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  12:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"A rising tide will lift all boats!"
That's a great line to live by!
Go to Top of Page

Shannon

California
360 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  02:15:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shannon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are all in agreement on this one. Don't sell yourself short. Start high and bargain lower if you need the work. I find it depends upon the company hiring you....many do not want the hassle of making more than one call. Some will call the entire phonebook just so they can save $25 (Now I ask you, is that really efficient for them?) Vow to make it harder on them not easier and remember: a rising tide will lift all boats!

Good luck with your business!
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Florida
4 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  10:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lee-AR

Sorry, but I think you made a bad business decision on this one.
No matter how you slice it, you have increased your cost & time resulting in less profit. I would have countered their offer with a 'less than normal' print fee due to the small package size. Banks are not my most favorite charity.

Agree with lee on this one. Paper, Toner, Drums, reprints, time to prepare the package is all worth something even if you reduce it by 20% or so as a volume discount.

How about your expenses? Did gas go down in the last 60 days?
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  9:39:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, but I think you made a bad business decision on this one.
No matter how you slice it, you have increased your cost & time resulting in less profit. I would have countered their offer with a 'less than normal' print fee due to the small package size. Banks are not my most favorite charity.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Connecticut
1 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  04:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been working with them for almost 2 years now. They have always been fair with my fee (if it's extra miles they give me extra)
I do a lot of their Citibank home equities and they pay me $75 for over night docs in my area. They never give me a hard time on trip fees and adjournment fees. Whenever Hope calls me she is very fair and will throw extra in money if the distance is more than I would normally travel. She is a pleasure to deal with.
I received a phone call yesterday from the new manager of the scheduling dept. asking if I would take edocs for no extra fee.She explained that the company has to cut their fee's because a lot of the banks are cutting their fee. At first I was ready to say no. I told her I would think about it and get back to her.
I called them back today and told them on a home equity absolutely because it is not even 40 pages. I had asked her if the distance was further if they would still throw in extra money.
I figure they have been great to me in the past and why not work with them. They are the reason why I can afford to live.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.