123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 SignaturesPlus - watch out
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Texas
35 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  5:53:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit 16608's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maine

I disagree that SOX and SignaturesPlus are not the same company. I got one payment for my work with SignaturesPlus with a SOX check signed by the same person. It is my understanding that by paying a SignaturesPlus bill with SOX check it mingles the businesses. I am no lawyer but I do believe that when you pay a bill with another companies check you are saying that the business are related to each other, therefore responsible for each other. I sent a copy of the SOX payment to Paul Jessup when I sent him all the copies of the invoices that had not been paid. I never got paid a dime for the last three invoices that they owe me. I thought the least they would do was charge her and the company with fraud.

If you will contact me at notary@onebox.com, I may have a solution for you....

Binky
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  01:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please read our review page for Signatures Plus

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=83&Signatures+Plus

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  10:00:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maine

I would be happy to join a class action against SignaturesPlus,Sox. I have accurate records on every transaction and copies of all payment checks. How does one go about joining a class action? Laura

Think you need to start by finding an attorney willing to handle it. MHO

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

maine

Maine
13 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  06:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit maine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would be happy to join a class action against SignaturesPlus,Sox. I have accurate records on every transaction and copies of all payment checks. How does one go about joining a class action? Laura

Go to Top of Page

maine

Maine
13 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  06:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit maine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I disagree that SOX and SignaturesPlus are not the same company. I got one payment for my work with SignaturesPlus with a SOX check signed by the same person. It is my understanding that by paying a SignaturesPlus bill with SOX check it mingles the businesses. I am no lawyer but I do believe that when you pay a bill with another companies check you are saying that the business are related to each other, therefore responsible for each other. I sent a copy of the SOX payment to Paul Jessup when I sent him all the copies of the invoices that had not been paid. I never got paid a dime for the last three invoices that they owe me. I thought the least they would do was charge her and the company with fraud.

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  02:50:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you know??...I found this while looking at the Corporate listings yesterday....there IS another company - Signature Plus, Inc. - registered 1/08 in CA...hmmmm

Corporation
SIGNATURE PLUS INC.
Number: C2952245 Date Filed: 1/11/2008 Status: active
Jurisdiction: California
Address
1422 N CENTRAL AVE #5
GLENDALE, CA 91202
Agent for Service of Process
MIKAEL OVSEPIAN
1422 N CENTRAL AVE #5
GLENDALE, CA 91202

Have NO idea if this is related in any way to the other one...

Linda
Go to Top of Page

skater40

Hawaii
21 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  8:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit skater40's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am the person that started the current criminal investigation with Signatures Plus.
SOX and Signatures Plus are NOT the same company at all. Yes, they both have a bad reputation, but they are totally different companies.
The Signatures Plus investigation is still ongoing and is currently with the DA in Orange County. If you are still owed money from Signatures Plus you can contact the detective in the case, Paul Jessup at pjessup@ci.irvine.ca.us.
We have been successful in getting many notaries paid over the last year and the case is still open so let him know if you are still owed money .
Signatures Plus is no longer in business and the owner has been forced to pay many notaries she owed money to so it is has been quite nice to see that. It has been a long process as it crosses many state lines and many different "victims" but it has been nice to see that people have been paid what they are rightfully owed.
Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  7:06:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never worked for either of them (thankfully) but separate addresses, totally different telephone numbers/fax numbers and different names in personnel lead me to believe that they are two separate companies. There is still a corporate listing for SOX - none for Signatures Plus...there IS, however, a listing for Signature Plus, Inc....not sure if it's the same company or not..

I did go back and look, Connie - X Marks the Spot and Sign on the X are not the same company either -

I apologize if my perception is incorrect - I don't believe Signatures Plus and SOX are the same entity.

Linda

Edited by - LindaH on 09/02/2008 7:08:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Conniek

Oregon
78 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  6:19:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda,

Thank you for your reply. Reported on this site (see 2006 blog) and others that also connect the two that Signatures Plus and SOX are the same.

Can you explain how they ARE NOT under the same unbrella???? Seems pretty common to change names (hats) and keep rolling the big ball over notaries. Both of these agencies have scammed many "trusted notaries." We are victims and no recourse!! Would it happen to attorney's? What can WE do?? BBB does not go far enough. Attorney Generals say we are Independent Contractors too small--no help. Small claims can get a judgement but they still do not have to pay. Then more money out to try to attach their possessions. Across borders is real difficult! Thank you for any replies!

conniek,OR

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  4:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Conniek

Signatures Plus, SOX (same) Will be happy to join the class action. Small Claims do not work across borders! Ask me how I know. Get paid upfront...from borrower, paypal. Notaries need to be paid as the appraisers and the lousy signing agencies that make billions on our backs!!

How is business in August 2008 across the land???

ConnieK, Oregon

Connie..just to be clear...Sign on the X (SOX) and Signatures Plus are not the same company - they are two separate entities.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Deborah Bond

Massachusetts
71 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  3:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Deborah Bond's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I forgot to add that the reason for the threatened non payment was that after 45 days I contacted the title company to ask if they (SOX)had been paid....they were paid 4 days after the signing. I was told if I persisted in contactimg their clients that my check would be void out and I would not be paid. All I wanted was to make sure the attorney was paid and not me....I thought that would be a simple request but I guess not.
Go to Top of Page

Deborah Bond

Massachusetts
71 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  3:27:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Deborah Bond's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After Threats, faxes, emails etc. Reporting to BBB, SOS and AG offices the attorney I work with finally got payment on Aug 25th for a signing done in March. Payment did not bounce and I got MY check on Aug 29th. THEY are definately on my "don't call me" list. or the "You've got to be kidding snort snort" list. I have put their number in my phone as XXX SOX which tells me don't even pick up the phone.

Missy was so sweet and convincing when she called initially but seemed very surprised that I had not been paid and about the person who threatened non payment who did not even have the decency to sign their name to the email. I however, was NOT Sweet nor was I NICE about the lack of payment for 5 months or the treatment or the lack of response from ANYbody to a simple yes/no question that could have kept me and the attorney from having to file all those reports. Even after that it took almost 45 days to receive payment.

The reports ONLY put them behind the

Deborah-MA
Go to Top of Page

Conniek

Oregon
78 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2008 :  11:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Signatures Plus, SOX (same) Will be happy to join the class action. Small Claims do not work across borders! Ask me how I know. Get paid upfront...from borrower, paypal. Notaries need to be paid as the appraisers and the lousy signing agencies that make billions on our backs!!

How is business in August 2008 across the land???

ConnieK, Oregon

Go to Top of Page

n/a

Alabama
3 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  09:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Signatures Plus is the only company in the almost 9 years I have been doing loan signings from which I have not received payment. I did a signing for them in March 2007 and have yet to be paid. Naturally, I filed a claim with the BBB. No response there. I sent Signatures Plus a bill, via certified mail, still with no luck. Someone signed but the signature was illegible, therefore, useless. I called the Paul Jesup (mentioned in Maine's post) and left a message about my encounter. Yes, hopefully these people will get what they deserve, which in my eyes is some hefty fines, some jail time, and some serious, serious community service, not to mention paying out to all those they owe! They have broken the law - theft of services!

Go to Top of Page

Janet Philamalee

California
9 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  10:51:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Janet Philamalee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Count me in for a class action against Signatures Plus. I have also contact Paul Jessup.

Janet

Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  07:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I made every attempt I could at starting a class action suit agains SOX and Signatures Plus. I did at one point find an attorney who was willing to take them on. He declined because he discovered that SOX is very low on the income scale. I wonder if that means that SOX is not getting very much work any more from title companies. What a blessing that would be to see them out of business. Keep declining to work for them. Eventually, they will have no choice but to close up shop.

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Washington
3 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  11:22:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the awe sugar cookies response. I wish I had checked this out earlier. I did a closing for them a couple of months ago and have not been paid. I can see this may have to be my first write off as a bad debt, after persuing the lender. Thanks for the info.

Go to Top of Page

tgonsor

Arizona
36 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2008 :  08:48:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is nice to see something being done about these non paying companies. If you need any help I would be willing to participate.
Go to Top of Page

maine

Maine
13 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2008 :  04:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit maine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SignaturesPlus is being investigated by Paul Jessup Investigator for the Irvine Police Department. Telephone number 949-724-7131. I have sent him all the information on SOX and SignaturesPlus. As far as I know they are persuing legal action. If anyone decides to have a class action suite I would be happy to participate. I do not expect to get paid but the company should be put out of business. I was told by the detective that she is still in business as an online only business. If anyone has any
news about this matter, I sure would like to hear it. You should contact the above number, the more information he has the better the chances of making a case he has. Laura

Go to Top of Page

AZSigner

Arizona
93 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  7:05:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember a while ago another member of the forum, who is a paralegal in New Hampshire, talked to an attorney about pursuing a class action lawsuit against SOX and Signatures Plus.

Any update on that lawsuit? I've never done business with these companies, but I'm curious to know if there is any pending legal action against them.

-Mike
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Ohio
2 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  09:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done numerous closings for Signatures Plus and they owe me around $330. I have sent numerous e-mails and spoken to Debbie Hastings and they are not the least bit caring about the situation. I will never close for them again and recommend others do the same.
Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  06:43:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just spread the word to everyone you know to NOT accept any signings from this company. I've wasted so much time trying to collect, phone calls, Dept of Consumer Affairs, BBB and a collections agency (that somehow lost my file).

I even contacted a few of the lenders and was told it wasn't any of their business. One company told me as long as their part was handled, they didn't care about the notary. Needless to say in regards to that one particular lender, I now refuse to do any signings where they are the lender.

Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  10:47:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any notary who is owed money from XYZ needs to contact me immediately through this website. I cannot help you without you helping me.

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services
Go to Top of Page

Steve Knapp

4 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  01:39:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steve Knapp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am making a retraction about my comments about Speedy title and closing company not paying.
We are now working out our differences and we will be paid in full shortly. I will continue to do business with them in the future unlike some of the companies in my formentioned messages. I will keep you posted.
Go to Top of Page

Steve Knapp

4 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  8:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve Knapp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I understand that Melodie Gordon owner and Debi Hastings gofer are continuing there non payment policies. I have been in touch with numerous notaries and attorneys that say they have been stiffed by Signatures plus and have not been paid. My advice is to tell everyone that you are in contact with in any way by email or phone about them, title companies, lenders, other signing companies, national notary association, National association of Signing agents, better business bureau, secretary of state in CA, Attorney generals office in CA. the newspapers in their area. They will pay you if you put enough pressure on them. Don't stop there. there are hundreds of notaries and attorneys that they owe lots of money to so the best thing we can all do is to put them out of business or behind bars where they belong.
The best way is to call the lenders direct. Lending Tree is one. Speak to vendor relations dept if they have one and if enough of you people call they will get signatures Plus to pay you and tell them to use another signing service or better yet you. Tell them they are guilty as well by (Agency) with them and that their company can be hurt by their actions and you will see things change in a hurry. If you do a job for them hold out on sending the package back til they overnite you your check. The lender won't like it but it will certainly get their attention to get things rectified in a hurry.
Other companies not to work for due to non payment are. Sign on the Spot, XYZ, Speedy closing and Title, Executive Closing Services, David Robb in FL. They are all really bad companies and will lie to you from day one.
Don't let them get away with this. They may only owe you $50 to $250 but they owe hundres of people that amount so they are screwing everyone and need to be stopped. I have promised them that I would do my best to put them out of business and I will continue until I here that everyone I know has been paid. Good luck. Don't give up. You don't work for free.
Go to Top of Page

Russ H

California
11 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2005 :  01:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Russ H's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I completed an assignment 12/11/04, and have not been paid as of this date, 2/16/05. Several phone inquiries have resulted in promises that the invoice will be paid, but no date will be given. They insist you submit an invoice at the end of the month of the assignment; they wait until the end of the next month to process it and presumebly they will send you a check in the 3rd month. They don't pay much to begin with and then expect you to do the assignment in a couple of hours, including printing the doc's and driving time. They were probably paid within 30 days. They will probably pay, but if you don't want to wait 60-90 days for payment, you might want to pass on an assignment.
I was finally paid, but it was several months.

Edited by - Russ H on 11/28/2005 01:50:27 AM
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.