123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Vote on signing companies
 My confusion or theirs?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HWardale

California
20 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  10:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit HWardale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have worked with this company on several occasions. I have found them to be very disorganized. They are always last minute. They try and low-ball, but can be negotiated to a reasonable rate if they are desperate enough. Often times, the assignment isn't accurately represented, as you mentioned. Not all assignments are straightforward refinances, yet they often describe it so. Case in point, last assignment I took from them was a "standard refi", last minute, that had to be signed THAT day. If it wasn't signed that day the borrower would be in default. I accepted the assignment and while reviewing the confirmation I discovered to my dismay it involved four signers, two locations and a Power of Attorney! That assignment was originally offered at $75! I missed one of their calls the other day and didn't bother to call back. For future reference, the confirmation email (if you get the right one) has a link to their website where you log in progress and completion notes. They also assign you login information in that email as well. The only way to reach them is by email.

HWardale
Go to Top of Page

serpadj

California
9 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  3:19:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received a call from SoCal Signings and have had nothing but confusion since doing so. I asked what type of loan it would be and was told it was a refinance. They only offered $70. for the job and I declined and said I would not do for less than $90. They said ok they would do that. My contact was Jessica from Colorado, but she was no longer in the loop once accepted. I asked where they got my name they hesitated and named a site I know nothing of.

Someone named Lisa immediately emailed me and asked me to contact and verify the appointment time. I did, and called back to let them know. That evening I received a email stating I had not verified that I had done so on their website, and would not get complete pay for not doing so. What website?

Next I receive 3 docs to have notorized, 2 Trust Confirmations and one QuitClaim Deed. That's all. I called to discuss and reached no one at various #'s they provided.

The Trust Confirmations where incomplete - (lots of blanks)I called SoCal and they didn't care. Upon arriving at the client who was disabled and not quite able to breath let alone concentrate on signing documents I presented her with the Certification of Trust. She had no idea what went in the blanks. I told her I couldn't notorize and acknowledgment with blanks. She asked me to call them. Unable to reach anyone after 7 calls. I left the signing with all paperwork and continued to try to reach SoCal. I email Socal. NO response. I go online and find my profile now says unscheduled and my email in listed in the comments. I still have had no call or email from them.

This is certainly not what I would call being there for you. I would be very on guard with this company. Something is just not right.
I finally called them back and was able to reach the person that put the comments on my profile and he apologized but gave me no direction. I guess this signing is not assigned to me anymore. I really question if I would have ever been paid anyway.

I just feel bad for the borrower. They don't seem to have a clue of who they are dealing with.

By the way, when I finally reached someone he was surprised that I didn't have a complete set of docs.

Is this the norm for this company? I am thinking maybe I dodged a bullet.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.