123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 myclosingnetwork.com my closing network
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Texas
20 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2014 :  11:45:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit 21188's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As mentioned in an earlier post, I have done several closings for Jake over the past two or three years. He’s a pleasure to work with. Always pleasant and professional. No hand holding, no threatening fee reductions included in loan signing instructions. He understands and appreciates what professional signing agents bring to the table. Pay is fair and timely. Docs are neat and easy to close. I am happy that I gave him a chance, it seems to be a productive relationship for both of us. I have asked for Jake’s support in other areas, and he has always come through. I personally wish there were more agents like Jake in our business. He keeps you informed of any changes, and does so in a timely manner. He provides excellent support to hired signing agents, and you don’t have to worry about him trying to nickel and dime you to death. If changes require additional work on your part, you are properly compensated.

It has been my experience while working with Jake at My Closing Network, that you can expect to be treated with respect, while receiving fair and timely compensation for your services.

Thank you.

Phyllis
http://mysamobilenotary.com/
phyllis@mysamobilenotary.com

quote:
Originally posted by jburkhalter

Thank you for the inquiry Linda. I recruit on transactional basis since the majority of our orders are in Texas. I have only had 10 orders in FL (Tampa and Miami/FTL) and wouldn't want you to fill out a package when your time could be allocated to companies offering volume in your area. However, I do use 123Notary for out of state jurisdictions and would love to work with you should the opportunity arise.

Regarding a website: With the new implementation of the Signing Professionals Workgroup and NNA recommendations, we no longer use our website to transmit docs to notaries, and in turn do not operate the website as of this year. It was used as a log-in only service to our veteran NSA's to download secure docs. And in 2012 was down briefly for the start of that initial transition. All emails to that domain are employed and active.

I will follow my own advice mentioned earlier and request that future NSA's post to this thread, as I do on their profile.

Thank you again.

P.S. I recognize your handle from other threads and appreciate your active posts. =)

quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

So Jake - what IS your web address- "myclosingnetwork.com" does not exist.

I'd like to look around a bit to see if I'd like to get my name in for any work you may have in Florida.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell

Go to Top of Page

jburkhalter

Texas
9 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2014 :  1:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the inquiry Linda. I recruit on transactional basis since the majority of our orders are in Texas. I have only had 10 orders in FL (Tampa and Miami/FTL) and wouldn't want you to fill out a package when your time could be allocated to companies offering volume in your area. However, I do use 123Notary for out of state jurisdictions and would love to work with you should the opportunity arise.

Regarding a website: With the new implementation of the Signing Professionals Workgroup and NNA recommendations, we no longer use our website to transmit docs to notaries, and in turn do not operate the website as of this year. It was used as a log-in only service to our veteran NSA's to download secure docs. And in 2012 was down briefly for the start of that initial transition. All emails to that domain are employed and active.

I will follow my own advice mentioned earlier and request that future NSA's post to this thread, as I do on their profile.

Thank you again.

P.S. I recognize your handle from other threads and appreciate your active posts. =)

quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

I'd like to look around a bit to see if I'd like to get my name in for any work you may have in Florida.

Linda

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2014 :  06:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Linda
Go to Top of Page

jburkhalter

Texas
9 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2014 :  7:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Michael.

I'm alive and well, and hope your business is thriving. In the same two years, there are no postings of non-payment; nor has there ever been, or ever will be. As a refresher, my company is regional and very few orders are out of state. Of the 1,400 orders outsourced to NSA's such as yourself, all payments have been issued and cleared. Six of those were in NC and two in your immediate area. In addition, two of the notaries in this thread have received subsequent orders, also with payments cleared and issued timely.

You accepted an order and then later cancelled. As a fellow NSA with over 10k closings(and that's conservative exempting my Loan Officer and Escrow Officer years), that is a major frown in this industry. Two of my largest accounts as an individual NSA came from signing companies with no posted information. As I mentioned before, you have to take risk just as a signing company is on you. As of date, you have no feedback on your profile nor have your loan closing experience itemized as your local peers do. That would be a flag and a risk taker for a SC wanting to use you. I say this with encouragement....you should update your profile and mention that you prefer to work with certain types of companies and elaborate on your experience. For those companies you performed services and were not paid, I would definitely take the time to post of your efforts and remedies so that NSA's can truly see the value of these blogs and work with tangible material. Fortunately I have been paid on all individual NSA orders I perform and only once have had to threaten civil action (but I got paid!).

I wish you well and hope this clarifies your concern.

Jake (jake@myclosingnetwork.com)
My Closing Network

quote:
Originally posted by NCsignings.com

quote:
Originally posted by MAHLG

Jake at My Closing Network is awesome and great to work with. they meet and even sometimes raise your fee and you get paid in a timely manner! less than 30 days!

MLG in NC

mgarcia

Fellow SAs,

I failed to reply to "Jake" 2 years ago because I thought it was a waste of time. When I questioned his "company," he hung up on me. It was also apparent that he had lied to me about the website maintenance.

In his post he accused me of slander, yet he never stated what part of my post was slanderous.

I don't see any sign of him now, or the parked domain he called his company website. Did everyone get paid?

This forum has kept me from getting ripped off numerous times, so I am glad that I could return the favor.

- Michael

25. Attorneys' Fees. Attorneys' fees must be reasonable. LOL

Go to Top of Page

NCsignings.com

North Carolina
9 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2014 :  06:48:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit NCsignings.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MAHLG

Jake at My Closing Network is awesome and great to work with. they meet and even sometimes raise your fee and you get paid in a timely manner! less than 30 days!

MLG in NC

mgarcia

Fellow SAs,

I failed to reply to "Jake" 2 years ago because I thought it was a waste of time. When I questioned his "company," he hung up on me. It was also apparent that he had lied to me about the website maintenance.

In his post he accused me of slander, yet he never stated what part of my post was slanderous.

I don't see any sign of him now, or the parked domain he called his company website. Did everyone get paid?

This forum has kept me from getting ripped off numerous times, so I am glad that I could return the favor.

- Michael

Go to Top of Page

MAHLG

North Carolina
23 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2013 :  10:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

MLG in NC

mgarcia
Go to Top of Page

Texas
20 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  3:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit 21188's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnysam

I checked the website and it still says the same thing as mentioned. Even I won't fall prey to such calls and posts proving to be genuine. If you want to people to ensure trust in you let all know posted of the phone numbers, official address, estimated time of the web site to be up and running. I had been fooled by a company claiming to be bail bonds company once.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I assure you that my post is genuine. I have no reason to falsify my experience with My Closing Network or any other signing service I do business with. I have relied on posts from fellow notaries to help make decisions on what assignments to take and not take. I am just paying it forward, and sharing my experience with this signing service.

Like you, I too do not like working for free. Fortunately, I was offered a fair fee ($xxx) for both signings I did for Jake, and have received payment for both of these signings in a timely manner.

In the end, everyone must make their own decision as to who to work for or not work for. Thankfully these notary forums can help us make informed decisions. Personally, I will take all the work Jake can send my way .

phyllis@mysamobilenotary.com

Go to Top of Page

johnysam

California
20 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  11:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit johnysam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I checked the website and it still says the same thing as mentioned. Even I won't fall prey to such calls and posts proving to be genuine. If you want to people to ensure trust in you let all know posted of the phone numbers, official address, estimated time of the web site to be up and running. I had been fooled by a company claiming to be bail bonds company once.
Go to Top of Page

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2012 :  10:09:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just did a closing for them,Jake seems like he is on top of things and met my fee. I will update when I receive payment and how long it takes but so far all has been great docs were early customer was ready to sign with few questions

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Texas
20 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  7:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit 21188's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jake (My Closing Network) called me on September 24th to do a closing. Even though he agreed to my fee I was skeptical about accepting the assignment, but I did. He immediately sent an email confirmation with the borrower's info, signing fee, his company and contact info.

I did a quick search online and couldn't find any info on Jake or his company, so I decided to decline the assignment. I sent him an email declining the assignment. Jake called me after receiving my email, wanting to know why I was cancelling. I explained my hesitation to work for someone who didn't have any information available for review. He then explained his role, and provided a summary of his company's operation. At the end of our conversation, I agreed to do the signing.

Well, as often happens, this particular assignment had a few challenges. Jake was responsive to all phone calls and emails. The actual signing required more work than was initially stated, so I requested a fee increase which was immediately approved.

As mentioned, I did the closing on September 24th, and I received my check yesterday.

I look forward to getting more assignments from Jake, he's easy to work with, no hand holding, available to assist with problems, and pays well.

By the way, I did another signing for Jake yesterday, again he met my fee.

Edited by - 21188 on 11/01/2012 8:05:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

jburkhalter

Texas
9 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2012 :  11:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michael A. Gelman,

I am the individual you spoke with, and wanted to follow up on your post. As mentioned on the phone to you, our business is primarily in Texas with a few orders on the east coast from time to time. Upon reviewing your profile on this great site, it suggested you were seasoned and "in customer service since 1990". You accepted the order on 7/11/2012. Shortly afterwards, you did phone back and began an interrogatory tone and conversation. What was stated for your assurance is that our website is down and moved to a different provider, to enhance our login use for our priority notaries, and, to have additional security measures. Granted, that was probably too detailed of an explanation. You clearly did not want the order and spent more time challenging than expressing a remedy to your concern. To this date, I have had two orders in your area and paid higher fees for the job to be handled with utmost professionalism.

I strongly recommend you update your profile and mention the types of limited clients you are seeking and the exceptions to your service, rather than make slanderous and inaccurate statements in a post. Afterall, this industry is customer service oriented and gauged on relationships, of which you randomly have to go out on a limb. Mutually, that's what signing companies do as well seeking your services. Otherwise, you can continue to work with high volume, robot dialing national companies (I'm sure you and I share the same vision on that topic).

Regards,
Jake
My Closing Network
Go to Top of Page

BrandonH

Texas
30 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  11:52:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit BrandonH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They just called me, I'm a bit hesitant after reading your review....

Facebook :facebook.com/notarynowtexas
www.notarynowtexas.com

Rated #1 in Central Texas
Go to Top of Page

NCsignings.com

North Carolina
9 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  2:17:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit NCsignings.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A man called me today and requested a closing. When I tried to find his company online, I found absolutely nothing. When I visited his webpage, myclosingnetwork.com, I found a picture of a shirt in a closet with the words "future home of something very cool."

I called him back and tried to question him about his "company." He told me that his website is undergoing maintenance and it had to do with secured documents. When I told him that it looks like someone is only thinking about making a website, he hung up on me.

Do what you want. I just want you to know what my experience was, just a few minutes ago. Personally, I don't like to work for free.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.