123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Hope for Home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mdnotary

Maryland
10 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2014 :  06:46:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I closed for them in May 2014.
I have invoiced and emailed every month. (no response)
They don't answer they're phones (office or cells) nor do they response to messages.

I did my job...they need to pay me.

M.P. Staron
Go to Top of Page

SigningAgentCoach

California
42 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2012 :  9:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geezo. I am a Notary PUBLIC, not a notary private and what people do with their money is up to them. If the job requires me to travel (in CA), then I can decline. If the money is right and I have an opening, I won't decline: I'm a business woman in business and I mind my own business. Why would I JUDGE the job?

Do I have a right to my opinion? Sure. But this is WORK, not something I'm dating or marrying.

Why all the hoopla, I dunno xoxo

Kelly Robertson,
California Notary Public
(951) 317-0125
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  11:20:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have had notary calls (rather "high end") where the clients did NOT want me to see the documents. As I have no responsibility (in NY) to make sure there are no "blanks" - it's not a problem.

The notary section is always (in these cases) set up as a separate, and numbered page. They sign page 28 (which I witness) and I notarize page 29. Is the document for "an illegal act"? I don't know, and feel I have no responsibility for the content, just the signatures.

However, if I DO know the document to be illegal (a "hit" contract!); I certainly would not notarize it. On second thought - I probably would not decline service to contract killers!

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  11:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
An interesting point is that loan modifications often don't even require a single notarized signature -- notaries are hired solely because they supposedly know how to complete a closing. So, they are likely NOT to be a public request for a notarization making them legal to turn down assuming they don't require notarizations, or assuming they require anything above and beyond a simple notarization. The problem is that the notaries let their personal sense of ethics get in the way of their work.

Honestly, according to Christianity and Islam -- loaning money for interest is immoral... period! So, all notarizations of loans are immoral. Most of the financial trouble in the world arises from the fact that everyone is loaning money at interest to each other creating all sorts of unstable chains linking many parties together. If one link in the chain breaks, then the world economy can end up in shambles which is one reason why loaning for interest is a serious problem!

The solution to this problem is that we should all live in caves and eat beans, rice, and berries -- or learn to adopt more moderate views of finance! If people handled their finances RESPONSIBLY, they wouldn't need a modification in the first place -- don't forget!
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  12:35:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"On the same subject: As you (and I) feel the "up front" fee is "morally wrong" - is it our place to advise (unauthorized practice of law?) the prospective borrower with our "opinion" to not sign?"

Here in FL, (and I know for a fact CA is the same) it's not just the "morally wrong" issue - they're illegal, and the AG of FL is pursuing many companies who did collect up-front fees from people for modification or debt resolution work. No fees are to be collected until the work is complete. In fact - it's against FDIC regulations too. So, knowing that, I personally would not want my name associated with any transaction where up-front fees are collected - it's illegal and my name will not attach to any illegal acts.

Can I advise the signer of that? No, I cannot. Which is why I don't take the assignments. I don't put myself in that position.

JMO

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com

Edited by - LindaH on 06/13/2012 12:42:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  09:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailing

I too received a call from this third party "loan modification" California company. At first I thought it was Housing Hope, a non-profit no-fee organization. After reviewing the documents I discovered it was not Housing Hope, but Hope for Housing and that their "fee" was in excess of $3900.00. I called and declined. The person I talked to was not very happy and I finally hung up.

Diane J. Elliott

You raise an interesting moral question. Here in NY it's illegal to refuse to notarize (assuming it would be legal to do so). Thus if someone were to go to a NY notary with the papers - it would be illegal to refuse. Of course, as a mobile notary there is nothing illegal about declining an assignment. But, what would you do if the borrower(s) brought the papers to you at a "place of public accommodation" - eg: at a bank or pharmacy?

On the same subject: As you (and I) feel the "up front" fee is "morally wrong" - is it our place to advise (unauthorized practice of law?) the prospective borrower with our "opinion" to not sign?

Just food for thought and hopefully the insights of other forum members.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

sailing

Washington
59 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  7:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit sailing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I too received a call from this third party "loan modification" California company. At first I thought it was Housing Hope, a non-profit no-fee organization. After reviewing the documents I discovered it was not Housing Hope, but Hope for Housing and that their "fee" was in excess of $3900.00. I called and declined. The person I talked to was not very happy and I finally hung up.

Diane J. Elliott
Go to Top of Page

Louisiana
18 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  11:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received a call from Hope for Home. Phone number 888-232-8572. Has anyone heard of this company?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.