123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Free For All
 what would you do/signing from hell
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  8:15:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dannotary

Ended up going back out there at 8am!!! next day to spend another hr and a half with these clowns with more ph calls and an obstinant attitude to boot. Billed for another trip. Lovely.

Dan,

You are getting more than your share of grief. Hang in there, the tide will turn and you will get some good ones.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  11:28:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ended up going back out there at 8am!!! next day to spend another hr and a half with these clowns with more ph calls and an obstinant attitude to boot. Billed for another trip. Lovely.
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  9:34:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With apologies to Kenny Rogers............

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away and know when to run.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  11:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been noticing a pattern lately of people who don't just sit there at the table and sign anymore. They take up a lot of my time taking over the signing into different directions. Unfortunately, we have to adjust based on each situation and not expect everyone to approach the signing professionally. Some simply will do whatever they want.

I personally dislike it when they think they can have their 2-3 year old at the signing table whether it's high pitched crying, grabbing for the docs or whatever. It's just nerve racking to deal with.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  03:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dannotary

Older couple in mansion with 800k loan in a remote mountain location way out of town. Get there on time, they cant seem to be at the table at the same time, stopped for 15 minutes to pay maids and work their schedule, reading all fine print, calling agent, friend, lawyer, tax guy, and ins agent several times each. Agent had them cross out PUD Rider on page 2 of Deed, and NOT sign the PUD rider.Phone not working in that remote location-cant call anyone looks like I wont get paid now or be asked to do it over again for FREE. After 90mins and hardly getting anything done, I had them sign all the notarized ones so I could leave them to work out every page with their agent on the line. I am at next appt and agent calls and wants me to come back up there in when done with the 9pm appt. THen calls back and wants me to go there at 8am next day. Ok. I tell signing co to double bill someone and all the rest that went on. Agent is complaining that they got the paperwork out of order and mixed up. Have half a voice from laryngitis leftover from flu last week.Real fun.

Agree with Linda. I'd have packed up and left. They don't get to pick and choose, change docs to suit their needs, especially the security instrument and riders. Those riders are there for a reason. Further, by them asking you to return the next day changes the HUD, TIL and rescission dates - not a call you can make without advice from hiring party/title.

All of these issues should have been resolved with LO/lender prior to the signing.

When I get resistance from signers I politely let them know they can sign and hash it out later or they can not sign - if they're not comfortable with what they see we can adjourn the signing, but I cannot leave any docs with them.

JMO

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  03:16:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
None of the docs in a loan package are optional, except *usually* for the ACH form where they sign up for automatic payments (and I've had a few loans where ACH payment was a mandatory condition of the loan). If a borrower decides or gets told not to sign a document (or multiple documents) by someone who is not the lender or title company, or if the signer crosses things out on the docs, at that point I would stop the closing, gather all the docs and leave because there is no point in proceeding.

No way is an insurance agent authorized to make a decision about what does or does not get signed in the loan package. As far as I know, loan officers don't get to decide that either. Only TC or lender can authorize that. If you are unable to call anyone, and if the borrower will not allow you to use their phone (I've had that happen once) then I will tell them that it's their choice to sign the docs or not, I will explain the three day RTC, and if they still want to pick and choose which docs they will sign then I will stop the closing and leave.

Maybe on a single less important document that the borrower refuses to sign, I would still proceed with the closing and let the title company sort it out later (and of course contact TC as soon as possible and advise of the issue). But if the borrower is refusing to sign or insists on making changes to critical docs such as the DOT and Riders, Note, TIL, RTC, then I don't think the loan will fund and there is no point in continuing IMHO.

Edited by - CopperheadVA on 01/25/2012 03:17:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2012 :  11:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Older couple in mansion with 800k loan in a remote mountain location way out of town. Get there on time, they cant seem to be at the table at the same time, stopped for 15 minutes to pay maids and work their schedule, reading all fine print, calling agent, friend, lawyer, tax guy, and ins agent several times each. Agent had them cross out PUD Rider on page 2 of Deed, and NOT sign the PUD rider.Phone not working in that remote location-cant call anyone looks like I wont get paid now or be asked to do it over again for FREE. After 90mins and hardly getting anything done, I had them sign all the notarized ones so I could leave them to work out every page with their agent on the line. I am at next appt and agent calls and wants me to come back up there in when done with the 9pm appt. THen calls back and wants me to go there at 8am next day. Ok. I tell signing co to double bill someone and all the rest that went on. Agent is complaining that they got the paperwork out of order and mixed up. Have half a voice from laryngitis leftover from flu last week.Real fun.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.