123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Paid for a Print Job When Signing is Cancelled?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KanDoNotary

Oklahoma
69 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  5:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit KanDoNotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
pjrager1, email me and I'll send what I have.

Have Seal, Kan Travel! When you need a document notarized, I cover all of NE Oklahoma from I-35 to I-40 to the state borders. Call: 918-798-8908.
Go to Top of Page

pjrager1

38 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  5:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
KanDoNotary, Any way I can have/see a sample of what you send to these companies as far as your expectations? I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to share just what you send to them. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

KanDoNotary

Oklahoma
69 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  4:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit KanDoNotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In my opinion, it is the responsibility of both sides of the contract made by phone to confirm what their understanding of the particular job will be. I respond to the confirmation email from the hiring party with a list of my expectations for receipt of the documents (both size and timing), that payment will be made for cancellation after printing, no show, no sign--anything over which I have no control. Also that I expect full payment within 30 days or a late fee will be charged. I state that if they do not agree with my terms for that particular job, they should contact me to cancel before I contact the signer or print the docs.

As said previously, both sides are contracting, and each is responsible to fulfill that contract.

Have Seal, Kan Travel! When you need a document notarized, I cover all of NE Oklahoma from I-35 to I-40 to the state borders. Call: 918-798-8908.
Go to Top of Page

TGS1985

California
208 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2012 :  12:24:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit TGS1985's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jbelmont

Signing companies make notaries sign a contract with them. But, perhaps notaries should make signing companies sign a contract regarding what your cancellation and printing fees are, and penalties for late payment.

I would LOVE to do that, however I'm waiting until I establish myself well enough in my local area before doing so. That said I believe some of our more vocal and season members already do this or so I'm led to believe. That or they cross out the parts of the contract they don't like and change it to the terms acceptable to them, then send it back.

- Tyler -

Edited by - TGS1985 on 01/24/2012 12:45:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

pjrager1

38 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  8:42:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To: Linda: It was a last minute cancellaton. I was just getting to know Nicole and worked for her on 2 signings just previous to this cancellation. She is a very high strung, stressed individual and it was extremely difficult working with this type of person. I cut my ties with her right then and there. There are just so many other companies out there that are courteous and respectful and still get the job done in an efficient manner that one can respect. I'm sure you can relate.

Jeremy, I will take your suggestion the next time I get a new company!

Thank you both. Pat
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  2:47:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TC & SS should all be 'running a business'. That includes full disclosure of ALL terms/policies. The time for them to 'disclose' (decide?) when they pay, what kind of cancellation fee they pay, what they pay for no-shows/signs/RTC used is not after the fact. I also believe this type of info should be briefly stated on their Order so a NSA can make an informed decision and not have to negotiate each and every item ad nauseum.

Tho' I gotta admit that Jeremy has a point...in addition to negotiating above, wonder what they'd do if every notary stated prior to acceptance of an order, that if payment isn't made as agreed, a 5% late fee applies. That's running a business, too.

Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  12:59:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Signing companies make notaries sign a contract with them. But, perhaps notaries should make signing companies sign a contract regarding what your cancellation and printing fees are, and penalties for late payment.

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2012 :  06:30:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was it a last-minute cancellation - like you're walking out the door and they canceled? Or were you able to print several hours in advance?

What I'm getting at is if it was a last minute cancellation, I'd most definitely bill the company for the print fee - you certainly can't be prepared to walk out the door without docs, they needed to be printed and the borrowers were the ones who killed it at the last minute - obviously, last minute you DO have docs printed. However, I've printed too far in advance (without prior warning to TC/SS that this is what I'd need to do) then it's an "I should have known better and waited" moment for me and I probably wouldn't bill.

This is why terms are settled before you agree to the assignment. You let companies know up front what your cancellation fee is, including your print fee for last minute cancellations, your no-sign fee, your fee if the loan rescinds, etc etc.

In this situation, I'd bill them...but that's just me.

Good luck.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

pjrager1

38 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  10:52:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I printed out the docs -- ready to go. The buyers called and cancelled. I did not know Clement Closings does not pay the print fee! Does anyone want to discuss this?

I believe I should've been paid for the print job. I asked for $25 and would've been okay with $15 since it wasn't a large file.

I'd like some feedback as I've been paid before for printing if the job is cancelled. I will not work for Clement Closings - Nicole Clement - Maryland
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.