123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Newbie & Mentoring Section
 Fees
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  06:45:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"In California you can charge $10 per notarial act for Jurat and Ack"

Although the rest of your statement seems to correct this, this particular statement is incorrect. In CA you charge per signature, not per notarial act.

Problem with loan packages is knowing in advance how many notarizations are in the package as it varies greatly company to company and most hiring parties have no idea. Based on experience I assume a minimum 8-10 notarizations/package so for me here in FL that would be a minimum $80-$100 as a starting point - since companies don't like to har those numbers I, technically, discount after the first notarization then add for printing, time, travel, etc etc..

Anyone doing full package loan signings for $45-$50 cannot possibly be making a profit - and they're barely squeaking out a profit at $75/closing unless the signers come to them.

JMO

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

callies

California
5 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  4:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit callies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In California you can charge $10 per notarial act for Jurat and Ack. If there are multiple signers in a loan package (i.e. husband & wife) then it's $20 x number of docs being notarized. You can additionally charge for Travel, based on milage round trip, and then factor in the time it will take to prepare docs, travel, sign, review, and drop off at Fed Exp etc. In addition, I charge a fee for printing edocs upto a certain # of pages (say 100) and then another charge for additional pages or borrower set. I have not been asked for fax backs yet, but would charge extra for that also.

I personally do not accept loan signings for less than $100, my time, education and experience is worth that and more. I will not accept these lowball signings from signing services for $45, it's an insult.

C. Allies
Go to Top of Page

lupeservin

California
1 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  11:37:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for your opinion I really appreciated. I thought we could only charge $10 period! So sometimes I just wouldn't even charge. What about like loan documents is there what should I diffently say no to? I have only done a few but there are so time consuming printing out all those documents, traveling and then have to drop off or fax back and I live in california I forgot to mentioned that. Please give your experiences and what you recommend. Thank you in advance for taking the time to inform me.

quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

YOU have to decide what your time is worth, including the service of clearing jail protocol and waiting..and waiting..and waiting..and you need to quote that fee up front.

When I take a general notary call now I tell the people (which I never did before) - "the fee is $10 per notarization and $xx for the service (I say "xx" because it varies depend on where I'm going and when - my minimum is $25). The service fee is payable no matter whether or not I can accomplish the notarization"...if I go to the signers at their convenience, and wait, my service is worth something. I just won't charge for the notarization if it turns out I can't do it.

So, all that being said, it's up to you to decide what your time is worth - how much of a service fee do you think adequately compensates you for your time jumping through the jail hoops...

Linda

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2012 :  06:35:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YOU have to decide what your time is worth, including the service of clearing jail protocol and waiting..and waiting..and waiting..and you need to quote that fee up front.

When I take a general notary call now I tell the people (which I never did before) - "the fee is $10 per notarization and $xx for the service (I say "xx" because it varies depend on where I'm going and when - my minimum is $25). The service fee is payable no matter whether or not I can accomplish the notarization"...if I go to the signers at their convenience, and wait, my service is worth something. I just won't charge for the notarization if it turns out I can't do it.

So, all that being said, it's up to you to decide what your time is worth - how much of a service fee do you think adequately compensates you for your time jumping through the jail hoops...

Linda

Edited by - LindaH on 01/14/2012 12:58:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

lupeservin

California
1 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  8:03:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know it is $10 for a signature but what if someone is in jail and have to go through a process of waiting and then have to be cleared to go in and then wait again what should be charged then?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.