123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 United Lender Services, Corp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

srosales1

Illinois
8 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  8:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
None of these huge "Notary Sign Up" package companies are worth the time. The more unnecessary info they want the more it seems like a test to see if you have time to waste and will work cheap. These folks can't use spell check and their ratings on some of the sites are not too good.
There are plenty of good companies that pay way more than $75 in less than 30 days. Why should we agree to reduced fees in their contract?
It's not our fault if borrowers rescind or no sign at the table because L/O sends us with numbers they didn't expect. It takes just as much after the "required" calls as it would have to complete. Never accept reduced fees. If they say that in emails or order instructions I tell them no. Unless it's my mistake, full fee. I have all the work I want. Stick to your guns.

Steve/IL
Go to Top of Page

beloved1213

39 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  11:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit beloved1213's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was emailed another Notary set-up packet from the company today, and it stated again they are looking for more Notaries to recruit off 123. I already sent the same packet in May 2011, and have not received a call from them yet. At that time I thought it was RIDICULOUS how they wanted so much personal information on you, and EVERYTHING else. I contacted the person who sent the email again, and she noticed the W-9 form was not included. I told her from past experience companies will require you to send a W-9 along with your invoice after you complete the signing/closing if it's your first time working for the company. I told her once that happen I will send a W-9 along with my invoice. We'll see if they contact me in the future!

Go to Top of Page

Florida
7 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  05:17:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit 16986's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Recently I was contacted by United Lender Services; they are "expanding our Notary network". As I diligently read their first 4 pages of their poorly copied pdf I do decide to start filling it out. I must admit I should have scanned the whole document first.

I was shocked to find they are asking for information on the following:
Spouse or Domestic Partner's Name:
Social Security Number
RESIDENCES LAST 10 YEARS (list most recent first)
OCCUPATIONS.

Quickly I dropped them a e-mail and told them I respectively decline. I don’t see where your company needs such personal information. And this was their reply

(ULS)""These attachments are mandatory for notaries to become part of our network. This is not something we made up, but required by our underwriters for traveling notaries to be able to conduct closings in a borrower’s home. The forms are necessary along with your background check.
You must understand that people are cautious on who they let enter their home and we must take every precaution.""

At that point I was a little upset about wasting my time so I decided to waste a little more. Ok, I guess I had too much time on my hands and I replied with this.

(RC)"All I can say is you must be kidding me. I am highly qualified Notary Public. I am commissioned in the State of Florida, I have $100,000 E&O’s, & background checked. And that’s all you should require of me or any other Notary Public. Your company can’t even take the time to send out a clean pdf. I am not willing to give you a blood sample. I work with many signing companies, and a couple attorneys; none of whom have asked me about my spouse, or where I have lived. I guess they thought my background check and commission information was enough."

Ok, enough of my story. How many of us are willing to give up our identity for $70 to $200.

One more question. How many of us ask how our information is being stored at their company? Even the best companies get hacked.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.