123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Servicelink Lowering Fees now $45 base fee
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DebbieM

Michigan
0 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2014 :  04:08:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't being called by Service Link, when I called they said it was my fees were too high (had been paid minimum of $100 from LSI). I agreed to their fee schedule just to get the work (LSI had been my biggest vendor) and regret it. Unfortunately Service Link thinks a good knowledgeable professional Notary is low hanging fruit and feel our wages should be less than Walmart greeters' wages. But make an error and they don't hesitate to deduct money from your already meager pay. I have to use them, there are way too many notaries in my area and few enough jobs to go around. I want the old LSI back.
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  3:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ServiceLink & I have had an on/off relationship for years & years.
2013 they were my best bud. Dropped off the planet in early 2014 because I refused to lower my fees a dime. They've recently rediscovered me and are, once again, paying what I have consistently asked. 3 figures, btw.

So, guessing that, after trying the less expensive notaries, they are realizing the validity of 'you get what you pay for'*.

I also realize that's gotta be a qualified remark--* until the next time because it seems they never do learn.

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.
Go to Top of Page

rtbleess

Minnesota
5 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  10:11:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No body can lower your fee except yourself. I always quote me fee and if they don't like it, end of discussion. Fees only get lowered because some knuckle head will work or peanuts. You pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Richard T. Bleess
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2014 :  12:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dannotary

I'm done with them. Regarding fax backs, I did tell them, that I don't perform ANY extra services for free, like faxing back. Try telling a lawyer who may do closings for you, that you want services but aren't going to pay for them and they will hang up on you. Same for us. They are just bold face, cheap. More Wall St, psychotic business modeling. Their billing process is ever changing and more complicated every time. Then wait for payments. The old LSI who is now Servicelink is another one to stay away from. They were both already 'too big to fail', now they merged and really out of control impossible.

Hello, Service Link; before you read me your script: Know that my fee is $150 minimum, and that is paid to my PayPal account in the next 10 minutes for me to keep the assignment on my calendar.

DIAL TONE

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2014 :  06:47:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FWIW: I have 2 on the books right now--a REO/Buyer Pkg. @ $125
and a Deed in Lieu @ $150. Just say NO to the low fees!

Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2014 :  10:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm done with them. Regarding fax backs, I did tell them, that I don't perform ANY extra services for free, like faxing back. Try telling a lawyer who may do closings for you, that you want services but aren't going to pay for them and they will hang up on you. Same for us. They are just bold face, cheap. More Wall St, psychotic business modeling. Their billing process is ever changing and more complicated every time. Then wait for payments. The old LSI who is now Servicelink is another one to stay away from. They were both already 'too big to fail', now they merged and really out of control impossible.
Go to Top of Page

happydays

Colorado
1 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2014 :  10:05:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, I just declined my first request from ServiceLink because of fee issues. I too, have done business with them for many years and LSI as well. Last job I took they PAINFULLY paid an additional $10.00 for faxbacks. This time they said "ServiceLink does not pay for faxbacks," and I said "I do not do faxbacks for free." It felt so good!
quote:
Originally posted by Lee

I have worked with ServiceLink for many years and have consistently watched them try to lower fees for all signing agents. I used to do up to 20 signings a month and rarely get a call now....because their are notaries out in the field who are taking signings for less than $100. It would really be helpful if they valued their time and efforts in this business. With the price of car expense, gasoline, paper, ink, and most importantly their time.....they would realize working for little or nothing is not to anyone's advantage.
Much time is spent in receiving/confirmaing an order,then contacting the borrower, printing the docs and then after the fact locating a drop station for the documents to be returned in a safe and reliable fashion. Rarely, do I spend less than 4 hours on any signing from the onset to the package drop-off. Fax backs cost us additional time and usually another trip to drop-off. Consider all the tasks at hand.

Hopefully, working for little will end for newbies to the business. YOUR TIME IS VALUABLE! Use it wisely.

Go to Top of Page

Lee

Texas
7 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2014 :  09:17:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have worked with ServiceLink for many years and have consistently watched them try to lower fees for all signing agents. I used to do up to 20 signings a month and rarely get a call now....because their are notaries out in the field who are taking signings for less than $100. It would really be helpful if they valued their time and efforts in this business. With the price of car expense, gasoline, paper, ink, and most importantly their time.....they would realize working for little or nothing is not to anyone's advantage.
Much time is spent in receiving/confirmaing an order,then contacting the borrower, printing the docs and then after the fact locating a drop station for the documents to be returned in a safe and reliable fashion. Rarely, do I spend less than 4 hours on any signing from the onset to the package drop-off. Fax backs cost us additional time and usually another trip to drop-off. Consider all the tasks at hand.

Hopefully, working for little will end for newbies to the business. YOUR TIME IS VALUABLE! Use it wisely.
Go to Top of Page

Montafonsteve

Missouri
6 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2014 :  11:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Montafonsteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would agree that even $80 is low, but seems to be the going rate for MO and KS area, though i have received more. (any feedback on others in this area would be good) The lower amount of $65 is just for signings 10 minutes away. Gas here is now $3.56 a gallon which means the profit margin, even at $80, is slim.
Go to Top of Page

BobbiCT

Connecticut
135 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2014 :  06:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit BobbiCT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"... price of $80 (with faxback and edocs) to around $65. for my immediate county I agreed to a reduction and was told outside of my county the old price would hold."

Glad to see that after taxes and expenses you can make a living wage or reasonable net profit on $65 or $85.

Cost of living expenses, plus gas and supplies, and federal and state income taxes are too high for me in my area of Connecticut to make any profit at those fees, even with business deductions. When I filled up the tank, yesterday's gas price was $4.498/gallon; the 56 cents per mile IRS deduction rate doesn't cover the cost of my car's travel.

Bobbi in CT
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  08:44:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stream of consciousness--imho...$80 is still too low, if they have 'so many' who accept these loser fees, why are they still trying to get others to accept them??? Huh, huh? Just say no...one of two things (or both) will eventually happen: the folks who accept these ridiculous fees will eventually disappear because they can't make it and/or SL will go OOB or have to pay a reasonable fee...like they did last year when they were one of my volume clients.

Go to Top of Page

Montafonsteve

Missouri
6 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  08:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Montafonsteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done over 40 signings with Servicelink with excellent results in terms of payments, etc. However, they are now calling and wanting me to lower rates saying others will do it for less. That would mean going from a package price of $80 (with faxback and edocs) to around $65. for my immediate county I agreed to a reduction and was told outside of my county the old price would hold. Today, I received a call to reduce my price outside of my county! I told them that they expect perfection and high standards and I agree to that, but I would not lower my price outside of my immediate county as what they are asking is just plain unjust, especially when they are expecting 100% performance. I told them they should just go with notaries who will do it for less as my price stays the same. I am not running a non-profit for the benefit of Servicelink. I would appeal to every notary to refuse their unjust methods.
Go to Top of Page

Kaye08

Arkansas
12 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2014 :  07:35:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I give them a total fee for completion, they can entered however they want in their system, but I told them I do not accept printing docs for $12.00. They used to be one of my best clients, and have moved to my lowest now, but I am sticking to my fees, I hope all other notaries will do the same, maybe they will change if we do.

Sharon
Go to Top of Page

overquailified1

Nevada
23 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2013 :  10:43:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit overquailified1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I dumped ServiceLink over 6 months ago. Tired of their process, how petty and cheap they are, the cold and inept way they do scheduling and the lenders that use them I will NEVER work for this lousy outfit again!
Go to Top of Page

fudogg

Wisconsin
1 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  08:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have found that ServiceLink has become less reliable these days. In the past, their only irritating policy was the fact that they required you to mail hand-written invoices to them - no fax, no email. It was annoying, but as long as you followed their rules, they paid promptly.

They have recently gone to a new computer system which generates invoices starting with a 1 or a 2. The 1-invoices need to be invoiced on their website and 2-invoices are still required to be mailed. They claim they informed us all of this, yet I have never received any information. I had to call to even get a login to the website so I could submit invoices. Then, the online system didn't contain any of my agent information and I was told that "the problem is with IT and we still get the invoices even though your information isn't displayed on the web." Sounds pretty suspect to me.

Since going to this new computer system, they defaulted my fees to $45 + $15 edocs. They have also stated that their system does not allow for more than $15 to be charged for edocs. I was informed by someone in Vendor Management that I need to adjust my fees to accomodate for this.

Lastly, they have changed their email document policy to overnight documents by default. When they send me confirmations, they plan on overnighting the documents. Then, when the documents come via email, they never send an updated confirmation. This is a really shady practice.

Bottom Line with ServiceLink is you need to be EXTREMELY diligent and keep on top of them. They've become one of the nickel-and-dimers out there, constantly trying to skirt around fees and devaluing us as signing agents.
Go to Top of Page

Diana

Pennsylvania
45 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2012 :  6:11:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes,, I have... I have been trying toget paid now for almost 2 months.. I was never sent the Invoicing instructions until yesterday. I went into the website and tried to invoice for every loan I have closed and It said "already paid" I'm Pissed to say the least because I never received a dime yet!! I have done 6 in the last 50 days and have not been paid!! I email and email and all I get is instructions on how to invoice on the orders with a 1 and orders with a 2..WTH!!! I HATE their system.. I work for several different agencies every week and only 2 of them have complicated invoicing.. ServiceLink is 1 of them.. I will not be accepting anymore jobs until I am paid for Every closing to date!
quote:
Originally posted by available1234

I have done a lot of work for them as well. I told them what my base fee is and they have never argued about it. The only thing is sometimes they don't tell you that its going to be a lot more pages than usual. I do Reverse Mortgages and I get more for them, so they have gotten by with one of them for a lot less than my usual fee?
So I just need to ask if its a Reverse Mortgage. The only problem I have now is their Billing System. Its totally wacky. Numbers beginning with a 1 have to be billed differently than those that begin with a 2. There are more steps to each one. The explaination they gave was this Billing System will be much better and you will get paid quicker. Not exactly. I have tried to email their lady that takes care of this to question if she received the current one and no reply!!!! So I am not sure. I will keep emailing her until I get an answer. Has anyone else had this problem?

Audrey Jane Spaulding

Go to Top of Page

mrmees

Wisconsin
14 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  3:51:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm finding that I cannot trust the person who contacts me for a signing from Servicelink because they won't pay what they say they will. I've had several occasions when an amount is offered and either the confirmation has changed or the check sent is not what was agreed on. I'm no longer taking assignments from them even though I had done quite a few in the past. What a way to run a business.
Go to Top of Page

notarybill

California
24 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  09:18:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SL has been working with Chase Bank for a long time? I use to do about 20-30 signings a month with them and about half were branch locations, I did discount to $100 per due to the volume.
Don't really buy into the story that they just got their contract. On average SL is getting $300 Notary fee. At $65 a signing, for the possible exposure a Notary has today, not worth while.
These guys are a great place for the "newbees" to try, then after about 50 files, fax backs, and reschedules they will learn that time is money... an it is all theirs.
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  08:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're lying.

quote:
Originally posted by gowithn

I was on the phone with their sister company National Link yesterday. They explained that they have many notaries who are accepting $45 base fee & with $15 edoc = $60. I told them that I wasn't one of them and I fnd it hard to believe that notaries could accept those kind of fees & expect to be in business a year from now. Especially, with the huge BOA packages and that they require massive faxbacks. Shame on the companies that offer these type of wages and shame on any notaries who accept them.

I do have to say that I closed a loan for Service Link last week and they met my fee of $xxx. I don't receive many calls from Service Link, but as long as they meet my fee then I will cotinue to close for them. I have not had any payment issues with them in the past.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  08:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They explain? They're lying.

quote:
Originally posted by gowithn

I was on the phone with their sister company National Link yesterday. They explained that they have many notaries who are accepting $45 base fee & with $15 edoc = $60. I told them that I wasn't one of them and I fnd it hard to believe that notaries could accept those kind of fees & expect to be in business a year from now. Especially, with the huge BOA packages and that they require massive faxbacks. Shame on the companies that offer these type of wages and shame on any notaries who accept them.

I do have to say that I closed a loan for Service Link last week and they met my fee of $xxx. I don't receive many calls from Service Link, but as long as they meet my fee then I will cotinue to close for them. I have not had any payment issues with them in the past.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  08:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Servicelink claims they now have JP Morgan Chase as a client that they need notaries in my area. They claimed they'd pay my fee if I signed up with them. I declined because I don't want to fuel this company.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

Texas
20 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  2:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit 21188's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done two closings with Servicelink in the past couple of months. One of the borrowers was rescheduled 3 times. The first 2 times the loan documents had spouses name wrong, and she refused to sign. I received full payment for all three times that I went to the borrowers home. We finally closed on March 8th. I received my check in the mail today. As far as pay goes, they have been fair with me.
Go to Top of Page

fdrover

Nevada
15 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  4:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit fdrover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I too have had several assignments from ServiceLink. I never take less than $100, all inclusive, and extra for distance. That's just the way it is. Sometimes, I get the assignment, sometimes I don't. But with all my other clients paying that amount, I doesn't matter if I don't get the ServiceLink job.

Go to Top of Page

notarybill

California
24 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  10:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This company is GREAT,(sic) After they cut me off a while back promissing that they would never call me again, according to Jay their Vendor Manager. I got a call on Friday afternoon for a rush closing at 8 a.m. on Saturday. I told them I can fit it in and my fee was $1.00 per page for the loan package. As usual I got the "I'll need to get approvial" answer, ok my me. 45 minutes later they called back ready to accept my fee. Boy were they pissed when I told them I had taken another assignment, I tried to explain that it is Friday,late in the day, EOM, and you find what you want... waiting is not very smart.
As I have said before this company is really out of touch and upper management should get an award for burning the hand that does feed them.
Go to Top of Page

available1234

Colorado
28 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  06:18:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done a lot of work for them as well. I told them what my base fee is and they have never argued about it. The only thing is sometimes they don't tell you that its going to be a lot more pages than usual. I do Reverse Mortgages and I get more for them, so they have gotten by with one of them for a lot less than my usual fee?
So I just need to ask if its a Reverse Mortgage. The only problem I have now is their Billing System. Its totally wacky. Numbers beginning with a 1 have to be billed differently than those that begin with a 2. There are more steps to each one. The explaination they gave was this Billing System will be much better and you will get paid quicker. Not exactly. I have tried to email their lady that takes care of this to question if she received the current one and no reply!!!! So I am not sure. I will keep emailing her until I get an answer. Has anyone else had this problem?

Audrey Jane Spaulding
Go to Top of Page

yngnotary

California
38 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  1:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit yngnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like working for this company usually no fax backs and they did pay decent. However I received a call today and said that they are now creating a new pay structure. The first tier is a p1 for $45 base fee and $15 for e-docs and they will call you first (because your cheap) and they have second tier p2 for $50-$55 base fee and again $15 for the e-doc fee. They will only call the p2's after all the low ballers(p1's) have not accepted the assignment. They will try to cut our printing costs by having the docs over-nighted to us. How thoughtful. Who could afford this?

Unless the signing is in my neighborhood I doubt that I will be working for them again, especially by cutting the fees in half.

Y.N.G.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.