123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Negrete's Notaries - unfortunate incident
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Doris_CO

Colorado
148 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2011 :  09:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"On another note, this is very interesting and new to me... Merchant Circle...does anyone know if there are any other site(s) that comment on notaries?.......Anybody have pros/cons?"

Merchant Circle is an advertising site that's also sort of a social networking with other businesses. It has nothing to do with the Notary Public business other then a place to advertise.

There is a link a couple of comments below, if you haven't taken a look at the site yet.

Doris
Go to Top of Page

PlsSign

Arizona
24 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  2:59:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My experence with Negette's Notary and their entire staff has always been very possitive. No problems with document delivery, or payment either. Although, a signing service can not send the notary the documents, until they are received by the signing service.

Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  08:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's history now, but I can absolutely sympathize with Paul's issue regarding docs in time. We've all been there, right? There's not much one can do as a signing agent to get those docs out early..we're kinda stuck! At least Paul was upfront and honest in explaining his situation!

On another note, this is very interesting and new to me... Merchant Circle...does anyone know if there are any other site(s) that comment on notaries? I just happened on this topic as I was looking for comments on Notaries 24/7. Anybody have pros/cons?

Thanks in advance for the input.
Go to Top of Page

cmihalik

New Jersey
26 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2010 :  4:06:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love Negretes. Tony and Chantall are sweethearts. I'll work for them anytime. They meet my pay requirement and pay in a timely manner. They have an A+ from me...and they know it!
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  8:25:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
www.merchantcircle.com
Go to Top of Page

Angel444

11 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  8:23:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is Merchant Circle - and is it working for other notaries/signing agents?

The incident concerning Negrete's Notary is unfortunate. It is my thinking that Tony Negrete - like the rest of us is human - and was perhaps having a bad day.

I was recently given a "ding" by an agency that I have done many signings for - I had to put my vehicle in the shop and had to cancel a signing late in the day for the following day. They have sent me docs past the time set for the closing many times and I have always done my best to work it out. I was disappointed that the one and only time I cancelled a closing on them - and updated the website when I had to do so - they gave me a negative rating. I never gave them a negative rating - even though I have received docs from them up to 2 hours past the time set for the closing.

Let's all take a chill pill.

Go to Top of Page

gjk-fl

Florida
151 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  5:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit gjk-fl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is the Merchant Circle?

gjk
Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  3:21:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry that this has happend to you. It is is unfortunate since you had a good working relationship for many years and although we all know that the loan docs run a little late, the fact that this s YOUR policy should have let him know that this was unacceptable. When are these companies going to realize that we do have other jobs/things to do and our time is valuable.

Carmen

Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  10:15:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are absolutely correct, Renee. It is not my usual style to disparage any organization, except in rebuttal when my integrity and professionalism is being questioned.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

Renee

Michigan
549 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  09:38:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Renee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is unfortunate all the way around. The Merchant Circle posting was IMO a very, very bad choice. Everyone disagrees at some point, on something - because it's not a perfect world and we're not perfect people (nor are we identical). How we handle those disagreements becomes the real test, and I do expect a business to handle things in a business-like fashion and not an emotional one. Whatever the disagreement is/was becomes a moot point, in my view - and isn't even part of my consideration.

I'm certain that had it not been for the Merchant Circle post, Paul would never have ventured this into the public realm. It's not Paul's style and one thing I will hold as undeniable & unchallenged is Mr. Paul's integrity.
Go to Top of Page

vince

Kansas
324 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  4:56:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit vince's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Paul, it would appear as though you provided advance notice of what to expect if the closing was not going to go in accordance with your mutual agreement. It is truly unfortunate for both you and for Tony Negrete that it came to this and probably would have been better if he had not made the post he did as it put you in a postion to ably defend yourself. Your policy regarding needing documents in advance is not just in your acceptance, but in several posts that I recall you making through the years regarding assignments. I do not recall him or anyone else questioning why an active signing agent would or could not accept this consideration.
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  3:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess the real Tony Negrete has shown up on my doorstep. I have worked with Tony for many years and thought very highly of him. However, after the latest fiasco with an assignment, I have a different view of him and his operation.

The situation -
Closing for Thursday, 1/28 at 4:00 PM. Tony called on Tuesday, 1/26 to see if I could take the job. After some discussion I agreed to the assignment, informing him that documents would need to be available for printing no later than 1 PM. He said that shouldn't be a problem.

When I returned to my office later that evening, I responded to the emailed confirmation with my normal reply which states, "Edocs - If documents are being provided electronically via email and/or download, the file(s) must be received at least three (3) hours prior to the scheduled appointment time."

Now it comes to 1:00 PM on Thursday, 1/28. No documents. 1:15 PM I call Negrete's Notaries to inquire as to when documents would be ready. I was told that a request has been sent to the coordinator, and that they should be ready shortly. 2:00 PM, still no docs. 2:18 PM, still no docs. I sent the following in an email, "Unless docs arrive in the next 15 minutes, I'm going to have to ask that someone else be assigned as I will not have time to print the docs."

At 2:27 PM Tony called, ranting that I can't just walk away and leave him hanging. I explained to him that he was told that I had a drop dead time of 1 pm and it already is 2:30 and I had another assignment that I had to do. There was just no time to print the package before I had to leave.

At 2:40 PM Tony posted the following statement on Merchant Circle:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never Again

I called this man 2 days in advance to do a closing for us, he bailed 1.5
hours before the closing. he has been doing closings for many years, he is
aware that thie busniess is a last mioinute thing sometimes, and it was the
end of the month also. I will NEVER call Paul to do another closing for our
company again.

January 28, 2010 by Negrete's notary Service Inc. in Mansfield, OH
------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not the Negrete's signing service that I thought it was and admired as one of the 'good guys.' His complete disregard for the signing agent's schedules and conditions of accepting the assignment, is just unprofessional and not a business response that I expected.

This is an example of why I do not post about other signing agents, signing services or title companies experiences with assignments. You typically only get one side of an incomplete story, missing vital information.

If signing services would stand up to title companies and stop taking their tardiness, we all would be better off. I am a firm believer in the saying, "Poor planning on your part, does not create an emergency on my part!" In this particular instance, Negrete's should have informed the title company that late docs were unacceptable or they should have made other arrangements when they (the signing service) knew they could not meet the deadline.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.