123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 National Loan Closers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.2 people disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

KHSTjudi

Washington
34 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2016 :  04:54:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
National Loan Closers or National Loan Closings? The latter just lost me due to a rude and condescending rep. I retired from 30 years in contract management, holding my own against the big boys; I have a degree in business, and I am a meticulous professional. Any vendor rep calling with problems caused by their company errors had better be polite. We notaries work hard for that money - we deserve respect!
Go to Top of Page

Doris_CO

Colorado
148 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2016 :  1:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear 28206, Why are you still accepting assignments if you haven't been paid? STOP IT! If you can, cancel the job you just accepted for this month and let them know you won't be working with them until they pay you for what you've already completed. If they haven't paid you for you've already done, why do you think they'll pay you for the one you're just about to do?

Your next step is to send them a collection letter and a copy of your invoice. There are examples of collection letters on this site and also on NotaryRotary.com. Let them know you'll be contacting the title company and mortgage company about non-payment. The borrower paid for your services and National Loan Closers has decided to keep all the funds instead of paying for you for your services.

Check out the reputation of any and all companies that call you for the first time. If you see anything about non-payment or very slow payment, cancel the assignment and let them know why you're canceling.

Go to Top of Page

California
16 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2016 :  10:41:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in Bakersfield, Ca and have been accepting jobs for NCL for the past two month and recently accept another one this month, and I have not been paid not one penny. This is bad for business Jeremy is there anything we can do to report them????
Go to Top of Page

Wisconsin
5 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2016 :  6:47:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a closing agent in Wisconsin. I have two unpaid invoices from January 2016. No reply to emails, but I was assured my check was in the mail over two weeks ago.

Paypal payments upfront. Proceed with caution.

Christina
Go to Top of Page

ollie

Florida
30 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2016 :  05:33:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like many of you, our business relationship with NLC started out being
amicable.

However, we just learned that they pay every 61 days--at least for us.

This is called floating; which means instead of your income producing for you (like interest earned), it is producing for them.

We are proponents of receiving our fee the same disbursement day as the buyers and sellers.

The industry normal currently is 'net 30'. What should be the norm is interest earned on the fee due from the day of disbursement on all completed assignments.

What we will do for companies like NLC is accept assignments by PAYPAL!
Go to Top of Page

Fuzzy1955

Florida
36 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2015 :  4:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kentucky based company how has a system called "Closing Board". You receive emails from them to go see if you will accept their work. I have an outstanding payment from 2 months ago. Today they told me I had to go check with the company that hired me. Scratching my head for two reasons. The order comes from them, in one of their domain emails. You have to go to their site to pull down docs. I don't keep files after 30 days, oh and it would be a violation of the great SPW Code if you did.

Fuzzy1955
Go to Top of Page

Shannon

California
360 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  1:05:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shannon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just replied to their automated low-ball offer machine:

Hello,

I recently received then declined a signing. When prompted to "select" my fee, I was unable to find a fee greater than $85.00. While certainly there are assignments that might be done for that price (or even less), a loan signing is typically never less than $100 and with printing and other requirements much more likely to be closer to $200.

If indeed your maximum price per signing is $85.00, then I would ask that you remove me from your mailing list and system altogether. Even as a novice Notary back in 2003, Loan Signings in Orange County paid $150. [either way, gas is $4/gal]

I own and operate three (3) Mobile Notary businesses and personally service six Southern California counties. I carry $1MM in Errors and Omissions that blankets my businesses and am NNA and DOJ background Checked and a Certified Notary Signing Agent. I have personally signed over 13,000 loans since 2003. I am truly an expert at what I do. I'd love to hear from you again when your pricing better reflects the value of my services.

Respectfully,

A+ Mobile Notary
"A Quick Note"
www.aquicknote.net
"Like" us on Facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Quick-Note-Mobile-Notary-and-Document-Delivery-Service/103492949715483?v=wall
Go to Top of Page

Irene

Washington
8 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  11:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Irene's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any information on this company or Loan Processing Center of Kentucky? A Better Business Bureau search drew a blank. I'd appreciate any names like principal of the company, etc.

Go to Top of Page

mgb1966

Wisconsin
47 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  7:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

Very interesting Deborah...here's a link about it

http://www.massrealestatelawblog.com/2012/05/02/reba-sues-to-stop-illegal-contract-attorney-witness-residential-closings/

Wonder if MA is going to start targeting the notaries that have conducted closings...

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com

It seems that this ruling will provide the "title/settlement/attorney complex" protection from the incursion of out of state settlement companies from operating effectively in their state. One of the key elements is that the actual disbursements of closings held in Mass. be done by the attorney-closer. This would prevent the closing being handled by an out of state settlement/title company since the attorney must also represent the interests of the signers at closing and disbursement of lender funds.
Go to Top of Page

Diana

Pennsylvania
45 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  07:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BEWARE OF NLC!!!! They are full of excuses when it comes time to pay!! It has been over 60 days for 2 jobs I done for them and No payment.. But I keep getting their "pay policy" emailed!! Of course, it says I should have been paid..LOL.. I guess their not looking at the dates!. I for 1 will Never work for them again.. They are on My Black List!! Good Luck everyone!!
Go to Top of Page

South Carolina
2 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  4:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit 16719's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Ldelrey

Florida
6 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2012 :  4:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been with NLC since last year always paid on time, however, this year has been a night mare, I'm still waiting for payment from Jun 8, 11, 12, 2012.I have send the invoice via email 20 times and also call. We are sending checks out by the end of the week...I have not done any closing for July-Thank God...

Lidia R Del Rey
Go to Top of Page

Lauried101

Florida
12 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  11:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lauried101's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just did a closing for them on 6-5 when I called today I spoke with Brian who explained their pay process...he told me that I'll get paid for this closing the being of next month because they pay 5-26 thru 6-25 the end of July. He told me they are processig the check now. We will see. I don't know I like to get paid a little quicker. Not only that they pay is low.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  4:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very interesting Deborah...here's a link about it

http://www.massrealestatelawblog.com/2012/05/02/reba-sues-to-stop-illegal-contract-attorney-witness-residential-closings/

Wonder if MA is going to start targeting the notaries that have conducted closings...

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com

Edited by - LindaH on 07/25/2012 4:23:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Deborah Bond

Massachusetts
71 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  3:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Deborah Bond's Homepage  Reply with Quote
National Loan Closers (KY) is being sued by the Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts Inc. for not following laws.

Deborah Bond...
Notary Public
Eastern Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  12:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They called wanting to negotiate on my $100 fee. I didn't have time to check on them, but they haven't forwarded any confirmation so I presume they found a low ball notary to take it instead.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

Diana

Pennsylvania
45 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2012 :  6:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YES, I agree with everyone.. Do not work for NLC, (National Loan ClosINGS) I did a closing for them on MAy 4, 2012, it is now June 10, 2012. Still NO payment.. I have emailed Stephany repeatedly and I get the same Bull, "your payment is going out this week".. Well nothing has been received.. It was bad enough that the client was a DI*K and threatened to sue me because B of A had the wrong numbers on the doc's but not to be paid for my time and aggravation?!! F- NLC.. I will NOT be working for them again.. I am starting my collection process tonight.. Good Luck to all of you.. I hope the "new" agents reading this Heed our warnings!!
Go to Top of Page

sweetkazi

New Jersey
2 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2012 :  11:05:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a RIP OFF! Hooked me line and sinker. Posted a bunch of great jobs at decent fees then pulled the plug and said I had to join to keep stay in the "Network" there hasn't been a job posted since and the one they did post was a ridiculous amount. They wont refund me either.

People like this should be run out of town.

Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right.
Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  3:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
National Loan Closings - Windsor Heights, IA, just called me with an emergency situation 40 miles away. Based on the feedback here and the horrible NR reviews - I told them PayPal now.

They will probably not call back. Fine.

My thanks to all who sounded the alarm and saved me from a horrible fate.

Funny part: Asked if I could register on their site, download the docs, print 2 sets; and be 40 miles in an 1 hour 15 minutes. Note that I start from Manhattan! Beyond absurd.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com

Edited by - edelske on 07/06/2012 3:41:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

callies

California
5 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  08:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit callies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please don't confuse this company with National Loan Closings in Windsor Heights, IA. They are a really good company, meet fees, are willing to negotiate extra for edocs and mileage, packages are clean and complete, arrive in plenty of time, and their online login system works well. They pay in 30 days and do direct deposit, which is really good, no waiting for checks!

C. Allies
Go to Top of Page

AKnotary

Alaska
36 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2012 :  10:05:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had 2 transactions with this company, both of which were horrible (and no, I've not yet been paid). I told them to remove me from their role of available notaries yet still receive calls. I have declined everything since.

I would also like to comment to David Love: stating your issue is one thing. Name-calling is unprofessional.

Vicki Kluever
NNA Certified Notary Signing Agent in Alaska
907) 539-7111
Go to Top of Page

mrmees

Wisconsin
14 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  12:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did a signing for them at the end of March. Today is the 28th of May and I am still waiting for payment. It's nice to get paid while you're still alive.
Go to Top of Page

hven

9 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2012 :  11:50:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stay away. I did a job 2-28-12 for NLC or National Loan Closings. I still have not been paid and am getting all the classic stall tactics. “They did not receive W-9 etc etc” , which I immediately resent from when I originally sent 2-30-12. Sadly, after calling and getting the classic I “I will forward directly to accounting” line I had to threaten with filing a complaint with BBB to get a response. This is all after having asked to be removed from their system as the completely low ball. We need to stick together and respond (albeit diplomatically) to insulting offers with a “ my fee for edocs starts at $100” or signing co’s will just keep taking more and offering less to the notary.
Go to Top of Page

MsLisa

New York
18 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2012 :  12:32:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a few jobs for National Loan Closers (Kentucky). They paid end of the following month, no problem there. They recently called again, was a real pain getting the docs, one job had to be rescheduled, still no docs. They can't guarantee you will receive docs at least 2 hours prior to closing. Sorry, can't do it anymore for them. Not when you have other appointments and can't get docs. Then, everyone is right, they pay 70 bucks across the board unless you negotiate. They only go above the $70 if they really, really need someone. They haven't called in about a month. I guess they're mad at me. Oh well.

Lisa Cirillo
Go to Top of Page

dlove

Missouri
14 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2012 :  3:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These people are pinheads, I performed a couple closings for them, and was able to negotiate of decent fee ($140.00), even though it was a bit of a drive. After that, they would call me for jobs wanting me to do them for $70.00, when I told them my fee was $100.00, they balked. I guess the first 2 I did for them they must have been desperate, and agreed to my fee. But,agreeing and actually paying are 2 different things, as I have not been paid as of yet for either. We shall see...

David G. Love
Go to Top of Page

avivaj14

Pennsylvania
27 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  11:56:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any new information about National Loan Closers?
I just got an e-mail from them about a signing in my area for tomorrow, but the fee offered was way too low for where I will be going.
Thanks!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.