123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Newbie & Mentoring Section
 What happened?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BobbiCT

Connecticut
135 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  09:55:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit BobbiCT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Remember: Your volume of work not only will change with the number of NSAs in your area competing for the same book of business (fees will vary greatly depending on their individual net profit margins, particularly services accepting "bids" from the LOWEST NSA fee quote regardless of experience).

Mortgage refinancing boom/bust depends on the number of residential houses in your area, owners need and ABILITY to refinance, owners ability to qualify for a loan and that the house loan-to-value works out for what the borrower needs/wants, out-of-pocket closing costs (months when changing to a new lender means coming up with 5-7 months of property tax which is escrowed with the "old" lender and not available at closing), and interest rates - PLUS the marketing of lenders in your area to get mortgage business (TV ads for Quicken, Greenlight, etc. give you an idea where the next big "loan push" will come from).

Ancient days homeowners moved or refinanced on average every 7 years. Count yourself lucky that in these days it is every 3 years - or less when mortgage interest rates were dropping 1/2 percent or more. In a stable or increasing interest rate environment when housing values have not increased a great deal, homeowners may not be that quick to refinance.

Bobbi in CT
Go to Top of Page

davidlwilliams

Massachusetts
47 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2013 :  8:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems that the barriers to making a full living at this are formidable:
Agencies paying less all the time and demanding more for the low dollar.
Higher gas prices (ditto toner, memberships, etc.).
Many, many people doing this, some desperate enough to take any offer.
The irregularity of calls: some too many to take at times, other times weeks without a single call. Winter esp. is thin. The plush times are not plush enough to carry me though the rough times.
How about you?
Remember many people do this to avoid saying things like: "Welcome to Walmart" for minimum wage twelve hours a week.

Edited by - davidlwilliams on 05/26/2013 8:31:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

theinsurancelady

Washington
38 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  9:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit theinsurancelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hang in there kiddo! The end of the month is coming around and it it will come to New Jersey, too. Every loan I've closed in the last few weeks has been with a customer who has been standing in line (sometimes for weeks or months) for the loan to close. There's a back-log with interest rates at a 40-year low...and when the loan officers get caught up, they'll be calling you in Jersey.

Go to Top of Page

Newnotary

18 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  07:13:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being new to this business I wasn't sure what to expect. The census from everyone is that making a living out of this is not likely. I was constantly busy for a little over three months (when I started) which was encouraging, and now if I get one call I'm lucky. I've been told that (NJ) has slowed down and I haven't gotten work in two weeks. How is everyone else doing? I was also wondering how many different companies do you guys do work for that actually call? Would you say you get work from a variety of companies as opposed to say, one or two? I was also told once again to try lowering my fee to $45 and $20 for Edocs. That's not happening anytime soon.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.