123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Free For All
 What would you have done??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  05:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you tell us the name of both companies, then we can possibly help you to figure out if there is an affiliation or not. I agree that it's strange that two different companies called you for the same borrower - if no affiliation then how did they know to call you for the closing?

I keep the loan app/RESPA appointments very close to home, if I do them at all. I will not travel far for these - too much hassle with getting paid and they don't pay much anyway. The last one I did, I had to pry my money out of the SS hands.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

civey

North Carolina
76 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  5:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not so sure they are not affiliated. It was told to me that when I did the ap I would get the closing. I'm not sure how they could tell me that if there is no affiliation.

My invoices state due upon receipt,but I do allow for 30 days for payment. I agree I should have informed them earlier that I would not take the assignment. This is almost a 60 mile round trip and I would have made a total of $175.00 if they had both paid me. I just think there is too much passing of the buck between different entities and it needs to stop.

Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  2:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unless there is an affiliation with the two companies, then I don't blame the second company for being upset that you backed out of the assignment. If there is no affiliation there, it's not their fault that the first company didn't pay you.

You should contact the loan officer and lender in an effort to assist their help in collecting from the first company. What's the name of the company that hasn't paid you?

These loan apps a/k/a RESPA appointments are many times not worth it. They can take quite a long time to collect on, and even though the number of pages is usually less, the appointment still takes a while because the borrower is filling out forms and such. And of course since it's less pages, the hiring company wants to pay less.

I would have judged the second company on it's own payment reputation that has been reported on the various notary forums. I would not have judged it from the rep of the first company, unless there is a known affiliation between the two.

CopperheadVA

Edited by - CopperheadVA on 08/03/2009 2:43:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

civey

North Carolina
76 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  11:56:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You got it right. Sorry it was hard to follow.

I guess my main point is I don't want to be stuck not getting paid and making two trips. The signing fee of the actual docs will not make up for what I didn't get from my first trip.
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  10:20:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a little hard to follow your post... let me see if I'm understanding this. You were hired by one company to do a loan application signing on May 3rd, and they have not paid you yet. Then last Friday you were hired by a completely different company to do the actual loan signing for the same borrower? On Sunday you canceled with the second company because the first one didn't pay you? Is that correct?

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

civey

North Carolina
76 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  08:39:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a loan ap signing on May 3rd and have not been paid. I received a call on Friday from the closing company to do the signing. I let that person know that I had not been paid for the ap. I took the assignment because as usual I was in the middle of something. She really didn't seem concerned. After some thought I came to the conclusion that if I hadn't been paid for the first trip I may not get paid for the second. I e-mailed them back to let them know I would not be taking the assignment and why. Their response was that if I had a problem with not getting paid I should contact ABC (the ones who hired me to do the Ap), in other words it's not their problem.

The return e-mail was not nice understandably, because they called on Friday and I e-mailed them on Sunday (probably should have done that earlier), however I have been very busy and that was the earliest I found time to get back with them.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.