123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 ServiceLink
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

dhelmic2

Mississippi
28 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2015 :  10:23:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit dhelmic2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why do you say this?

quote:
Originally posted by Dannotary

FORGET ABOUT LSI AND SERVICELINK. Don't deal with them at all.

Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2015 :  9:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FORGET ABOUT LSI AND SERVICELINK. Don't deal with them at all.
Go to Top of Page

7 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2015 :  10:41:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob541@roadrunner.com

How have you been able to get Service link to pay $100. they dropped the price to $82 with e-docs from$95 when they took over LSI and refuse to up the fee or even pay for fax backs?

quote:
Originally posted by 29993

[i][/i I haven't had any problems with ServiceLink/National Link...like another notary mentioned...sometimes they do a direct deposit (got mine this week within a week wow!) sometimes you have to bill them and they mail the payment....but I work all that out when I accept an assignment....They have my min fee charged $100 and if the file is larger than 120 pages I request an addtional $20....but I have worked with them for over 10+ years and they have a history with me.

Robert S. Silva

Robert...you have to contact their vendor management and have them increase your base fee ...to $85 and then they include the orint fee which they had reduced to $15...that was the only way to get the fee to $100...and if the file is large establish that you charge an additional fee for the larger files...I also say anything over 120 commands an addtional $20.00 fee.. Now realize...by increasing your base fee...you may not get calls as often....but I can no longer work for these smaller fees since the files throughout the industry are getting so much larger than ever before...as I stated...I have contacted the regular companies I work for to advise of my min fee (now includes the $20)....tired of following up AFTER accepting an order and they haven't added it in...hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

sspeckin

Maine
13 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  10:40:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit sspeckin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have never had any problems with Servicelink....the issue for me has been Bank of America signing.....always issues. When I receive a call for a closing, I am no longer accepting them if BofA is the lender. I have had last minute cancellations and it costs me because I turn down other assignments. Lessons learned!

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  09:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Robert..

My fee for signings within my home county is $125.00, and if they need me they pay it. I admit they don't call very much, probably because my fee is higher than their pay scale, but this is MY business and I set my fees.

I can't get a plumber here to make a house call without a flat $85 service charge - BEFORE he does anything. So, IMO, for the work put into each file and the travel and time involved, $125.00 is more than fair.

As I said..it's MY business and I set my fees, not the companies.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

bob541@roadrunner.com

Idaho
3 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  03:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How have you been able to get Service link to pay $100. they dropped the price to $82 with e-docs from$95 when they took over LSI and refuse to up the fee or even pay for fax backs?

quote:
Originally posted by 29993

[i][/i I haven't had any problems with ServiceLink/National Link...like another notary mentioned...sometimes they do a direct deposit (got mine this week within a week wow!) sometimes you have to bill them and they mail the payment....but I work all that out when I accept an assignment....They have my min fee charged $100 and if the file is larger than 120 pages I request an addtional $20....but I have worked with them for over 10+ years and they have a history with me.

Robert S. Silva
Go to Top of Page

7 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2015 :  1:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

cw2usarmyret

Virginia
122 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2014 :  05:07:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once a long time ago they would call me. I would give them my fee and would agree to it until they found someone else. The last time I did a job for ServiceLink was through one of my very good signing co. I went through the HUD and saw that the signing company was paid $175.00. My fee was 2 times what was ServiceLink normal fee at that time. The important thing about dealing with these type of companies is that you are not a partner but an important part of their "profit" center. We wont even go down the rat hole about what the borrower was charged for "closing costs or Notary service". They, like any business need to keep their costs down. Right now to many companies and NSAs are chasing to few jobs. They could pay more but why should they? We are all behind the at this time.
Go to Top of Page

Gerry

Missouri
10 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2014 :  5:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know what all the fuss is about. Takes a while to figure out invoicing system, but once that is done, it's simple process. I have 3 vendor numbers. Submitted invoice on 12/05/2014 deposit in my bank on 12/12/2014 and the other invoice on 12/06/2014 and check in mail box on 12/15/2014. Never a problem over fees.

G L Grummons
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2014 :  4:28:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dannotary

I get very few calls from Nationallink , Servicelink or LSI anymore. They used to pay 125. LSI asked me to do something very illegal last year and I had it out with them. They then merged with Servicelink and I renegotiated fees to 100. but only if real close by and no extra services to do. Now I get very few calls any of them and I am thinking of cutting them all out completely due to them being TOO BIG., and too big to be responsive about anything, late docs, wrong phone #'s and no extensions to contact the person on. Now try billing and collecting from them. LSI is easy, just fax them back a form. Servicelink and Nationallink are a real hassle, Servicelink being the worst. No info on how to bill. The person giving the order knows nothing about billing. I finally got a 4 page instruction on how to bill. It depends on how many digits are in the order # and what the first # is., whether you email it, fax it or do it on their site. It goes on and on with them, if its a Tuesday afternoon between 1 and 5 you have to do the invoice while standing on your left foot and tie your right hand behind your back, then hop TWICE on the right foot while doing your invoice. I have been given several vendor #'s and have asked them to merge them into one. No luck. I am thinking of cutting all 3 the these clown--- outfits out. Billing and getting paid is a real nightmare.

When one of the 3 Scrooges calls me I simply tell them that they must pay my $150 fee within the next 10 minutes (PayPal) for me to keep the assignment on my calendar. When they are truly hurting, they do; otherwise they can make more calls. Thus, I pick "cherries" and reject the post digestion offers.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

dhelmic2

Mississippi
28 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2014 :  6:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit dhelmic2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been doing closings for LSI and ServiceLink for over 10 years now. Don't have any trouble getting paid by them. They do have several different billing systems so that can be confusing. Some files they direct deposit my payment and others I have to email them a billing report and then I get a check. E-Mailed in my report and received a check in the mail within a week.
Go to Top of Page

ollie

Florida
30 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  7:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are thinking of accepting an assignment from Servicelink, please be sure to factor in the time you will be investing trying to get paid for your earned fee---if ever.
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2014 :  8:28:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I get very few calls from Nationallink , Servicelink or LSI anymore. They used to pay 125. LSI asked me to do something very illegal last year and I had it out with them. They then merged with Servicelink and I renegotiated fees to 100. but only if real close by and no extra services to do. Now I get very few calls any of them and I am thinking of cutting them all out completely due to them being TOO BIG., and too big to be responsive about anything, late docs, wrong phone #'s and no extensions to contact the person on. Now try billing and collecting from them. LSI is easy, just fax them back a form. Servicelink and Nationallink are a real hassle, Servicelink being the worst. No info on how to bill. The person giving the order knows nothing about billing. I finally got a 4 page instruction on how to bill. It depends on how many digits are in the order # and what the first # is., whether you email it, fax it or do it on their site. It goes on and on with them, if its a Tuesday afternoon between 1 and 5 you have to do the invoice while standing on your left foot and tie your right hand behind your back, then hop TWICE on the right foot while doing your invoice. I have been given several vendor #'s and have asked them to merge them into one. No luck. I am thinking of cutting all 3 the these clown--- outfits out. Billing and getting paid is a real nightmare.
Go to Top of Page

Notary60101

Illinois
6 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2014 :  2:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well FNC2008, you are a minority if your having a good experience with Service Link/National Link, Lsi -- I challenge you to track your experience for the next 60 days....watch the difference and if none..then you must be in a remote area..because I'm in a large metropolitan area - Chicago Il. Talk to 25 Notaries here and you'll find 80% are saying the same thing, but most are afraid to speak out which is why Service Link gets away with their bullying. Most are willing to take 45 + 12 traveling within the 96 sq miles of Cook County...yes 96 sq miles...

Hello 398, Yes they have changed over to an almost totally automated system -- but make no mistake if they want to contact you about something they will ring your phone off the hook/belt. I'm still waiting for payment from April.. I was just alerted they need my IRS letter along with my w9 -- funny this wasn't a problem over the last 3yrs Ive had a tax id.
quote:
Originally posted by FCN2008

quote:
Originally posted by 398

Maybe I'm getting gunshy, but today I called ServiceLink to inquire when I can expect payment for my June closings totaling $210.
I was connected to an extension which played a recorded message to direct my inquiry to an e mail address. "Vendorbilling@servicelink.com" Whoa!!! No direct contact? Too many inquiries? Stall tactic? I don't accept their $90 fees with e docs and sometimes fax backs for anything over 20 miles. So all this begins to concern me.
Has anyone had a problem getting paid by them lately?

Hello 398, I do not know if many are aware that there are two different Service Links. They are both at the same place but handle different lenders. I am registered with both and have never had an issue with payment at all. The one, I believe, you are looking for payment from, is Service Link LP. Did you mail in thier invoice form at the end of the month in which you did the signing in? With this division of Service Link you need to fill out a form they send to you for all the signings for that month and mail it to them at the end of the month. They are very specific about the protocal. For example,my last set of signings was on June 13, 2009 and I received payment on July 17th. They even indicate that it will take approx 15 days from the 1st of the month after receipt of your invoice to issue payment and they were right on time. I hope this helps!

I have posted before about companies that other Notaries feel are not good companies to work for and I have to say in my 12 years I have only had to go after one company that is hands down not a good company to work for and is mentioned throughout this forum and others.

I guess I am lucky to have accounts that are actually reputable.
FCN2008

Go to Top of Page

Notary60101

Illinois
6 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2014 :  2:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive worked for Service Link over 10yrs and they have become the biggest bullies of Title Companies. 10yrs ago they were the best company in the market, now their heads have swelled. In Ill they have reduced the fee to 45 + 12 for e-docs. It a d&^% shame that Notaries here will allow them to get away with it. Just print desperate on yourself. I wont reduce to fee to 45, therefore I don't hardly work for them...I get calls for 45 miles away...Not even going to consider...I think this month Ive done, oh wait NONE. Last month 3. I'm still trying to get paid for business done in April, so whether you work for them or not..getting paid is another endeavor--somehow now they need my tax id letter for the W9.....one excuse after another ... THIS WILL ONLY CHANGE IF WE DEMAND BETTER.........I cant stress this message enough.

ANYONE HAVING A GOOD EXPIERENCE3 WITH SERVICE LINK OR NATIONAL LINK -- WATCH HOW LONG IT LAST, YOU'LL BE SINGING THE SAME SONG...IT WILL ONLY CHANGE IF WE DEMAND CHANGE...

quote:
Originally posted by thisldo2

It's about time notaries realize this group of companies are handing them a bunch of BULL> They keep calling us saying "ALL other notaries are doing their closings for (latest pricing 6/2) $45 + $12 for printing 2 large packages and including FAX BACKS which now 90% of their signings require. It's about time you UNDER-PAID notaries realize how much it costs you to do these for them. 1st, travel approx. 20 miles one way. What does that cost you in gas, insurance and upkeep. 2nd, hoe much it costs you to print about 300, paper, toner, cartridge, machine use. 3rd, they can send you documents anytime up to 2 hrs before your closing so you can't schedule anything else, so figure at least 3hrs of your time to print, drive and do signing, then more time to do fax backs. 4th, let's not forget UNCLE SAM, he gets a piece of your pay too!! If you really want to work for $3.75hr, get a job at McDonalds, they pay more and you don't even have to know how to add or subtract or even WRITE! Enough already!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Notary60101

Illinois
6 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2014 :  2:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive worked for Service Link over 10yrs and they have become the biggest bullies of Title Companies. 10yrs ago they were the best company in the market, now their heads have swelled. In Ill they have reduced the fee to 45 + 12 for e-docs. It a d&^% shame that Notaries here will allow them to get away with it. Just print desperate on yourself. I wont reduce to fee to 45, therefore I don't hardly work for them...I get calls for 45 miles away...Not even going to consider...I think this month Ive done, oh wait NONE. Last month 3. I'm still trying to get paid for business done in April, so whether you work for them or not..getting paid is another endeavor--somehow now they need my tax id letter for the W9.....one excuse after another ... THIS WILL ONLY CHANGE IF WE DEMAND BETTER.........I cant stress this message enough.

ANYONE HAVING A GOOD EXPIERENCE3 WITH SERVICE LINK OR NATIONAL LINK -- WATCH HOW LONG IT LAST, YOU'LL BE SINGING THE SAME SONG...IT WILL ONLY CHANGE IF WE DEMAND CHANGE...
quote:
Originally posted by davidlwilliams

quote:
Originally posted by n/a

My first contact with service link was last night. Called me and asked if I could do a signing in a nearby resort town at 10AM today. I agreed, fee was not bad. They sent me their 15 page vendor form. (I've only seen vendor forms like this when signing up for gov contacts with my other business)

Their "application" form was once 17 pages, now 15 pp. They tell me that it is the shortest they can construct due to the demands of the lenders! (Funny no other signing agency requires this nonsense.)
I have gone round with these clowns before when they required me to send my driver's license, my vehicle insurance, and a list of other agencies I had worked for. I told the supervisor that called me that I do not violate other agencies confidentiality and he hung up on me!
What charmers they are!
They tell me that they would "keep me busy." Yeah, sure. If you believe these types, jump up and down and hoot like a goose.

Go to Top of Page

thisldo2

Arizona
4 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2014 :  5:30:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit thisldo2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's about time notaries realize this group of companies are handing them a bunch of BULL> They keep calling us saying "ALL other notaries are doing their closings for (latest pricing 6/2) $45 + $12 for printing 2 large packages and including FAX BACKS which now 90% of their signings require. It's about time you UNDER-PAID notaries realize how much it costs you to do these for them. 1st, travel approx. 20 miles one way. What does that cost you in gas, insurance and upkeep. 2nd, hoe much it costs you to print about 300, paper, toner, cartridge, machine use. 3rd, they can send you documents anytime up to 2 hrs before your closing so you can't schedule anything else, so figure at least 3hrs of your time to print, drive and do signing, then more time to do fax backs. 4th, let's not forget UNCLE SAM, he gets a piece of your pay too!! If you really want to work for $3.75hr, get a job at McDonalds, they pay more and you don't even have to know how to add or subtract or even WRITE! Enough already!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Notary60101

Illinois
6 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  04:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 19447

LOL and now that Service Link bought out LSI it's even worse now. They told me that I'm not getting closings because my fee's should be $55.00 with edocs/ too many signing agents in my area and tonight I spoke to a borrower with LSI that scheduled a closing with me and she is saying that SHE DOES WANT TO DO AN ON-LINE CLOSING. So, not only is the business dropping , but they are trying to have the borrowers do online closing. That takes us notaries out of the picture completely.
You are right, it is time to pull out of the business. Any ideas?? lol
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by closer2001

They were paying $85 but recently reduced the fee to 60 plus 12 if email docs. At this fee I am working for nothing.

This is getting more and more prevalent no matter what agency. Five years ago I could get $125 for a local signing and $150 for 50 minutes away
Now? Mostly they do not want to pay $100 for an hour drive in both directions. Recently I have been refused $110 for an hour and a half in both directions. Local signings will not be approved generally for much above $60.
If we notaries stick together we can make Service link pay us far fees... every packet the borrower is charged $300.00 -- look at the hud -- all it would take is one week of refusal with demand for increases of the base fee to 100.00 print 25.00 -- they cant perform these closing without us --especially now with the merger with LSI --

There is always the newbies - who undermine our efforts but they can't handle the work load --or problems -- since the merger Service Link closing agents are rude, over loaded, unavailable -- (when is the last time you reached someone on the phone)

We can change this ...Service Link has the business but they cant do these closing without us!!!

I used to do this full time, now I cannot even do a part-time wage at the levels they wish to pay. I may have to give it up entirely.
Gas is up, ditto the requirements for the legit agencies, yearly background check, yearly testing, yearly E&O etc. etc.
The levels quoted here would yield a weekly GROSS of about $420 if you are lucky enough to work six days.
I have adopted a new business rule as inflexible as those quoted me by signing agencies. I suggest it to you: when told "if I can get it approved, I will call you back," I tell them that the offer is good only until the end of our conversation. If they call back, I decline for any amount.If everyone did this, it would still yield a living.

Go to Top of Page

davidlwilliams

Massachusetts
47 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2014 :  12:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lee-AR

quote:
I suggest it to you: when told "if I can get it approved, I will call you back," I tell them that the offer is good only until the end of our conversation. If they call back, I decline for any amount. If everyone did this, it would still yield a living.

This might be a good way to put the same amount of pressure on them as they are currently putting on us. I sometimes say "I'll wait while you get my fee authorized." Cuts the bs and sometimes even works.

I have used others, not sure if they are any good or not, but I am too jaded to care much. Business sucks, but is that a reason to take pennies?
In short, I am totally intolerant of tactics designed to squeeze the notary.
My current least favorite is the email that offers to give the signing to the first notary to call and accept the pittance they quote.
I respond, and so should you with "I do not consider mass emailings. If you wish to discuss the possibility of doing this you will need to call."
Perhaps I will soon add something to the extent that tossing a piece of meat into a pit to have notaries in the area to fight it out is not something I will engage in.
I have also replied to "...we are going to pay this $x" with "who are you going to pay it to?" On occasion, I have replied that they obviously cannot afford to use someone as qualified as myself...and refused to counter-quote.
I know that some of these tactics have worked as some of the signings went without being done.
Stop being polite when people are trying to cheat you.
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2014 :  08:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I suggest it to you: when told "if I can get it approved, I will call you back," I tell them that the offer is good only until the end of our conversation. If they call back, I decline for any amount. If everyone did this, it would still yield a living.

This might be a good way to put the same amount of pressure on them as they are currently putting on us. I sometimes say "I'll wait while you get my fee authorized." Cuts the bs and sometimes even works.

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.
Go to Top of Page

davidlwilliams

Massachusetts
47 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  1:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not only have the fees gone down, now its taking between 30 and 45 days to get paid. In addition they no longer pay to fax back and for power of attorney signings. The late payments are a sure sign of trouble. Cutting back on travel and reducing my exposure so I am not caught short as I was last year when companies folded before I got paid.

I was named as a debt holder in one signing agency bankrupcy last year. I did a count of how many companies did not pay me and the percentage was very high the year before. Lower this year, but still absurdly significant.
Servicelink laid off like 100+ employees (last summer I think) according to a post I saw somewhere...You could Google it. That, compared to the lower prices they now offer is a very bad sign for that company and those doing business with them.
Like you, I no longer do long distance signings because of the risk of not getting paid. It is too much exposure to burn 7 or more gallons of gas, do printing, take up a day and then get stiffed. If you are going to be stiffed why not do it in an area where it will not kill you because of the gas you wxpended.
Go to Top of Page

closer2001

Maryland
17 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  12:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not only have the fees gone down, now its taking between 30 and 45 days to get paid. In addition they no longer pay to fax back and for power of attorney signings. The late payments are a sure sign of trouble. Cutting back on travel and reducing my exposure so I am not caught short as I was last year when companies folded before I got paid.
Go to Top of Page

kjenon

Colorado
8 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2014 :  3:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Merger of LSI/SERVICE LINK has ruined both companies. They were both my favorite companies to work for.
I got two calls today for 2 signings. One was an hour away that I have always gotten $150 for from both companies. They wanted to pay me $117 I told her $150, have not heard back from them. The second was for a signing 1 and half hour away that I have always gotten a fee of $200 for from both companies. The gal called back and said that they would pay $190, I asked why they would not pay the other $10, no answer. I thought about it for a second and told her no I wanted the $200. Their packages for these are always large and they are not getting any smaller. I rarely make mistakes and have to redo paper work for them so I feel that I should not go down on my fee. I did not hear back ...guess I lost both signings. Maybe we should tell them that their $12 will get them the first 50 pages of the package printed and then it will be $13 for each 50 pages thereafter.
Go to Top of Page

Indiana
16 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2014 :  7:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

LOL and now that Service Link bought out LSI it's even worse now. They told me that I'm not getting closings because my fee's should be $55.00 with edocs/ too many signing agents in my area and tonight I spoke to a borrower with LSI that scheduled a closing with me and she is saying that SHE DOES WANT TO DO AN ON-LINE CLOSING. So, not only is the business dropping , but they are trying to have the borrowers do online closing. That takes us notaries out of the picture completely.
quote:
Originally posted by overquailified1

I dumped ServiceLink over 6 months ago and have reduced my lousy closings by 80% Just about all the borrowers are angry for these fliles. Tired of their process, how petty and cheap they are, the cold and inept way they do scheduling and the lenders that use them. I will NEVER work for this lousy outfit again

Go to Top of Page

Indiana
16 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2014 :  7:41:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

You are right, it is time to pull out of the business. Any ideas?? lol
quote:

quote:

They were paying $85 but recently reduced the fee to 60 plus 12 if email docs. At this fee I am working for nothing.

This is getting more and more prevalent no matter what agency. Five years ago I could get $125 for a local signing and $150 for 50 minutes away
Now? Mostly they do not want to pay $100 for an hour drive in both directions. Recently I have been refused $110 for an hour and a half in both directions. Local signings will not be approved generally for much above $60.
I used to do this full time, now I cannot even do a part-time wage at the levels they wish to pay. I may have to give it up entirely.
Gas is up, ditto the requirements for the legit agencies, yearly background check, yearly testing, yearly E&O etc. etc.
The levels quoted here would yield a weekly GROSS of about $420 if you are lucky enough to work six days.
I have adopted a new business rule as inflexible as those quoted me by signing agencies. I suggest it to you: when told "if I can get it approved, I will call you back," I tell them that the offer is good only until the end of our conversation. If they call back, I decline for any amount.If everyone did this, it would still yield a living.

Go to Top of Page

Florida
15 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  4:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit 398's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe I'm getting gunshy, but today I called ServiceLink to inquire when I can expect payment for my June closings totaling $210.
I was connected to an extension which played a recorded message to direct my inquiry to an e mail address. "Vendorbilling@servicelink.com" Whoa!!! No direct contact? Too many inquiries? Stall tactic? I don't accept their $90 fees with e docs and sometimes fax backs for anything over 20 miles. So all this begins to concern me.
Has anyone had a problem getting paid by them lately?

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.