123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 RTC Settlement Services Patrick Cahalane
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gbaugh

Texas
21 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  08:05:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completed a signing for Patrick Cahalane on March 24, 2009 in another city at 6:00 pm. I made a great effort to deliver the documents on the same evening to Fed Ex.

I have sent extended invoices, left multiple messages and received nothing from Patrick nor RTC Settlement Services as of 11/13/09
Go to Top of Page

vince

Kansas
324 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  7:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit vince's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Slow paid a 10/2/08 closing on 12/4/08. No further comments to make on company.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  7:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't the check stale now? Most checks aren't good after 6 months ... what a waste of stop-payment fees AND now I suppose you have to wait for the stop payment to be put in place...

Yeesh..

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

Deb in KS

Kansas
6 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  6:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Deb in KS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
RTC Settlement Services has owed me for a signing since December 2008. I've sent numerous emails and left several messages. Patrick has finally replied to one of my emails recently, and said that the "A/P Department" issued my check in January. I wondered why it took him 6 months to reply to all my emails requesting payment, if they had actually had sent my check. Secondly, why didn't they notice that the check was never cashed, if they really sent a check? Anyway, I replied and said I never got the check, and he replied that they would stop payment and issue another one that day. To date, I haven't received the "replacement" check, and it's been 10 days. The U.S. mail may be slow sometimes, but it isn't that slow. I sent another email today, asking him to send the check. I'll let you know what happens next.

Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  9:48:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Notaries need to go after the title company for payment when an SS fails to pay them. It jeopardizes the SS's relationship with the TC - because the TC will say they already paid the SS - and will not be happy that Notaries are bothering them for payment. It will put the SS in danger of losing the TC's business.

I would send the SS a fax, email and certified demand letter giving them 3 days to overnight me a check or I will forward my collection letter to everyone that benefitted from my services, i.e. the title company, the lender, the loan broker. I would include in my certified demand letter the complete contact info for each entity - name, address, phone number of the TC, the lender and the loan broker- so that Patrick knows I mean business.

If this causes the SS to look bad, oh well! They need to pay their Notaries and hold to their agreements. Be prepared to follow through if Patrick doesn't respond.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Indiana
1 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  8:04:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too was hired by Patrick Cahalane on April 27th and the 28th to do closings. Althought the closings were super simple I still have not been paid. I have sent him emails, faxes and phone calls and I am getting no where. How do I got about reporting him to the BBB? I am going to do it tomorrow if someone can tell me how. Ughhh I am so frusterated!

Jess
Go to Top of Page

thensley

Kentucky
32 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  07:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit thensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Patrick at RTC Settlements is yet, another rip off company. He will not return phone calls or reply to emails. I did a closing for him 3/6 and as of 7/29 I have not been paid for it. Today is the day to report him to the BBB (already done) and worn all you other notaries to beware of this company. There are too many wonderful and respectful companies out there for us to work for, so let's not waste our time on the companies who are considered "the bottom of the barrell....", including RTC.

Trina Hensley
Go to Top of Page

gbaugh

Texas
21 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  3:01:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completed a signing for Patrick on March 24, 2009 I have sent an invoice and left messages to be contacted. As of today, 7/1, I have never received payment nor a reply.
Go to Top of Page

Pitty Pat

Texas
9 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  1:19:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It took several calls and emails but I did finally get paid for 3 signings I did for them within a four day period. They shorted me $10 on each invoice. I will not work for them again.
Go to Top of Page

lgreen2727

New Jersey
9 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  09:24:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit lgreen2727's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I received an email from Patrick this morning stating that invoices were never received for the closings completed. I know I sent the invoices, however they were resent. I requested a date that I can expect payment to be provided but have not received a reply as of yet.
Go to Top of Page

lgreen2727

New Jersey
9 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  07:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit lgreen2727's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would like to provide a recent update regarding RTC Settlement Services. I completed two closings for Patrick in March of 2009. I invoiced based on the 30 term of payment. To date, I have not received payment for my services. I began calling and emailing Patrick at the 30 day mark and initially received no reply. I received a brief email from Patrick last week saying he would check on payment for the closings and he never replied. I received another email from Patrick this week stating the same thing. Now Patrick is not answering my calls. I called United Lender Services and spoke with someone in the Funding department by the name of Richard who stated that Patrick is usually very good with payment and that he would reach out to Patrick himself to verify this. He said Patrick told him he would follow up to no avail. At this point I am wondering if anyone has any other contact names or phone numbers that I can follow up with? I was really hoping that Patrick would resolve this issue. I know that he works for a title company in addition to this signing company. Any input anyone can provide would be appreciated.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.