123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Newbie & Mentoring Section
 How would you handle this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KanDoNotary

Oklahoma
69 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  2:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit KanDoNotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it's funny that the new loan officers are calling the shots, particularly when they're working with experienced, professional signing agents. I've explained, more than once recently, how the process works to new reps who don't think about the steps we go through for all the contacts, printing and driving to accomplish their signing.

Have Seal, Kan Travel!
Go to Top of Page

joanbergst

California
360 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  10:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit joanbergst's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are many new loan officers/escrow officers/title/etc in the industry and the time set for loan is not always set as it should be by the borrowers.

A rookie loan officer often just decides that 6pm is a good time for the appt. and then when we call to confirm the time, it's the first the borrower has heard the loan is even scheduled, must less what time?

Joan Bergstrom
24/7 To Riverside & San Bernardino Counties.
CA State Notary Exam Instructor For www.notaryclasses.com
www.joanbergstromnotarypublic.com
joan.bergstrom@yahoo.com
Cell: 951-522-4919
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  8:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
The company that called you obviously screwed up, they should have been clear on the borrowers availability before they called you. Based on your scenario and availability - I would have told the borrower I was only available for 6pm on Saturday and not available for Sunday. That would have ended things.
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  05:52:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would have stuck to my original agreement or completed it on Sunday, realizing that I was not going to be paid any more for being a 'get er done, above & beyond' Notary. I hope you do get moved up the list, but don't count on it.

Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  06:05:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you receive a confirmation for the higher amount? If so, I would politely let them know that they are obligated to live up to the terms of the contract that they agreed to in writing, and if they don't you will pursue all legal avenues available to you.

If you sent them the e-mail asking for extra compensation, but because it was Sunday they were not in the office and did not agree to it, but you have already done the signing, then I think you are stuck with whatever the original fee agreement was.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

conotary

Colorado
24 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  05:40:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am curious as to how other signing agents would have handled this siutation. On a Sat. afternoon about 3:00, I received a call asking me to do a signing at 6:00. The location was about an hour away. I agreed to do it and we arrived at a fee. I called the borrower to confirm as instructed and the borrower didn't know anything about an appointment and said we would have to reschedule. I tried to call the signing company with no answer so left message. I sent an e-mail to the address that had sent confirmation and told them not to send docs yet and explained why. A little later, the borrower called me and asked if I could do it on Sun. I told him I was not available that day, but maybe they could find someone else. The LO then called and asked me to do it about 10:00 that night (which I refused) or else on Sun. Again, I said I was not available on Sun. A little while later I received the e-docs. I called the LO and asked him why I was sent them. (All this time, I was not able to reach anyone at the signing company). He said he told them to send them to someone who could do it on Sun. After many phone calls back and forth, I finally agreed to do it on Sun. I e-mailed the signing company and told them the situation and asked for extra compensation for the whole fiasco. I completed the signing on Sun. and on Mon. received an e-mail from the signing company stating that they couldn't pay me any extra (which did not surprise me), but that they would move me up on their calling list and note in my file that I had gone above and beyond!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.