123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Accu Title Agency
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  08:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting - just got an e-mail offering me the opportunity to "buy in" as a shareholder at .10/share...

Whatever happened to simply "signing up" with a title company? I don't want to own it - I just want to do the signings and be done with it.

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Florida
0 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2009 :  08:39:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul and Linda;

Greetings, Dustin here.

We are an actual title agency, with "sticks and bricks" offices across the state. In fact, we are one of the largest independent title agencies in the state of Florida.

We are not a staffing company or a vendor management company.

Paul, you are correct in your homework. Title Consulting Services, DBA Accu Title Agency.

We are interested in providing notaries and extra opportunity to advance their careers as well as their income. While our company is not for every notary, we do provide an excellent platform for business minded notaries interested in becoming closers. We have been doing this for nearly 15 years! This compliments the notaries existing business and does not take away from it.

If I can be of further service, or answer any questions, please feel free to contact me.

I appreciate your questions, research and answers regarding our company.

Dustin
www.accutitleagency.biz
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  09:48:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

AAhh...yes...now I know why I don't want to be a closer...:)

Amen to that sista`

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  8:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Paul - that sounds exactly like what I did at the law firm in CT...except for one thing - I did the final title policies too...

The reason I left the law firm was our move to Florida - had we not moved I was going to ask them to outsource the closings or I was going to leave because I was really fed up with the stress level of getting these packages done and out under the gun....

AAhh...yes...now I know why I don't want to be a closer...:)

Linda
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  2:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds that way, Linda.

Here's what he had to say when I asked exactly what he is looking for us to do.
quote:
Accu Title Agency has been in the business of helping closers excel in their business for nearly 15 years.

As a notary, we feel that you may be able to expand your business and income by joining us.

Here is a brief overview of the transactional process to see if you have what it takes to join our team:

1. You market to your realtors, mortgage brokers, lenders, builders, dealers, etc. for title work.
2. Once you have a title order, you input it into our system using closers choice, which we will install on your computer
3. Accu Title completes the search, exam and prepares the commitment, generally within 24 to 48 hours
4. You review the commitment and clear the conditions. Generally just the payoffs. If it is something major, we have staff that will help work through the problems.
5. When the file is ready to close, you work up the settlement statement (our staff can walk you through this until you are comfortable doing it on your own.
6. You close the loan
7. You record the appropriate documents
8. You disburse the file with the help of our staff.
9. You warehouse the package and return it to the lender.
10. You send the file to our corporate office and we do the final title policy and storage.

Over the course of time, we strongly encourage you to get your title license (although not mandatory). At the time you have your license and your business is going well, we will look to open and office for you in your specific market (if we don’t already have one there).

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  12:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So this sounds like he's not the title company but more of a vendor management company for title...recruiting new personnel on an as-needed basis and building tc's database.

And doesn't this not sound like "give me your customers and we'll give you the work"..we have to bring in brokers and lenders who are willing to refer files to us.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  12:06:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Accu Title Agency" (without a hyphen) is a fictitious name held by Title Consulting Services, Inc. with the same address and officers. So I am led to believe that Title Consulting Services DBA Accu Title Agency is what we're dealing with.

FYI, their previous address was 9700 9TH ST NO, #200 as shown by the expired sunbiz records.

I couldn't find a listing for Accu-Title Agency (with a hypen), but I found a whole list of "companies" where Dustin Secor is the Registered Agent:

Registered Agent Name List
Entity Name Entity Number
MULTIVEST INTERNATIONAL, CORPORATION L64365
ACCU CREDIT CORPORATION P00000025590
TITLE CONSULTING SERVICES, INC. P01000002517
CUSTOM SEARCH INCORPORATED P01000111181
PARK TERRACE APARTMENTS CORPORATION P02000040048
CUSTOM MORTGAGE LENDING CORPORATION P08000067839
ACCU-TITLE CORPORATION P96000099002
CUSTOM DESTINATION CHARTERS, INCORPORATED P98000058999
ACCU FUNDING CORPORATION P99000060178
ATTORNEY NETWORK CORPORATION V19503

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  08:47:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The e-mail I got was recruiting me to become a full loan closer, not join as a signing agent..."only need to know 2-3 mortgage brokers, realtors or lenders who will send me business" to get started - they'll help build from there.

Should also note this company is Title Consulting Services, Inc. - not sure what their relationship with Accu-Title is (recruiting company or what)...Accu-Title Agency, per Florida's sunbiz.org, is a totally different company with completely different officers and location information and is inactive.

The only information I could find on Accu Title was on Notary Rotary and the company was out of Ohio....

Linda

Edited by - LindaH on 03/05/2009 08:58:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  08:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have not had any direct contact with Accu Title Agency (a dba of Title Consulting Services, Inc.) but have placed an inquiry to Mr. Seco for more information. If I do get a response, I will happily post it here.

Go to Top of Page

Lucille4044

Florida
18 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  08:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had any experience with the above title agency? They sent me an e-mail to join them today and I just want to check them out. Thanks for any info.

Lucille

Lucille J. Frost
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.