123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 How to get paid from Archer Land Title
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  12:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been generating my own airbills for FedEx and UPS for over 15 years, using my business name and address. To date, I've only had to pay for documents twice, and both times was because of my mistake. Even then, I was reimbursed for my costs.

Whenever I take an assignment from a new title company (or lender or where ever the documents are being returned to) I always ask for a confirmation of the account number. Easiest way to do that is to call the company and ask the receptionist to verify the account number.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

gjk-fl

Florida
151 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  09:56:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit gjk-fl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also, if you don't get an airbill generated by the company you are sending to, fill out a manual airbill, don't generate one from the shipping company's website, then follow what I said below.

gjk
Go to Top of Page

gjk-fl

Florida
151 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  09:53:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit gjk-fl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I work for UPS' biggest rival and I know if you put your name on our airbill, as the shipper, and the recipient doesn't pay, you are liable for the charges. So never, ever put your name on the airbill anywhere. Just make it from the company to the company. Also, in the reference section, enter the borrower name and city. This will let them know who the shipment pertained to, it comes on their bill. I don't know if UPS works like this too, but they probably do.

gjk
Go to Top of Page

Renee

Michigan
549 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  02:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Renee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know - if UPS is named as a creditor on Archer's BK list of creditors, would that have any implications in regards to UPS charging someone ELSE for the same money due?

I don't know if UPS is even listed, but just wondered about this.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Minnesota
1 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  8:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got paid for my last signing with them, but foolishly I had been using their UPS number and printing the lables myself. UPS sent me a bill for $104 for chargebacks from Archer Land Title dating back to July. UPS says I am liable because I requested the lable and Archer wont pay so I have to. Anyone else have this problem? I no longer provide the service of printing lables using receiver number. I now just require a lable sent to me or I use the hand printed lables with the receiver number and their return address...it is really a shame UPS does this...

Sands of Time
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  11:48:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Case No. 08-12643-CSS

U.S. Bankruptcy Court
824 Market St. 3d Floor
Wilmington, DE 19801
Telephone: 302-252-2900

Trustee:
George L. Miller
1628 John F. Kennedy Blvd. Suite 950
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2110
Telephone: 215-561-0950

Attorney for Debtor:
Frederick Brian Rosner
Duane Morris LLP
1100 North Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
Telephone: 302-637-4900

Meeting of Creditors 12/17/2008

PLEASE NOTE: BK notice advises Creditors not to file a Proof of Claim until notified to do so. On the back it says that at this time there does not appear to the Trustee to be any property with which to pay claims.

Oh, and I also hear payoff checks they processed are bouncing ... sounds like the beginning of a criminal file too - I feel so bad for all those poor borrowers.

Anyway, there it is folks - good luck.

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

hilltopnotary

South Carolina
5 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  1:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit hilltopnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, just yesterday I was looking for numbers. Today I get paperwork from the US Bankruptcy Court. RATS

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  07:51:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep - someone just posted elsewhere they received the BK paperwork -

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Renee

Michigan
549 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  08:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Renee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I read elsewhere that they've filed BK. In other words
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  07:11:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should do a search here for this company - you'll find numerous posts about them, some possibly containing information you can use. You'll also find my post about them closing their doors.

Good Luck.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

hilltopnotary

South Carolina
5 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  5:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit hilltopnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I sent an email after reading the post. I knew something was wrong, when I did not receive payment within 2 weeks. Does anybody have a working telephone number or website to contact them? I am owed $250.00.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.