123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Newbie & Mentoring Section
 The Bailout Package?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lkassis

Iowa
60 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  3:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes, I think the phrase of 'One door closes for another to open' has some grounds in our current economic situation. I don't believe we are all lemmings. We are Americans! Americans are fighters! We will always prevail! We will always make a come back! It will just take a little time but what I mean by one door closes for another to open is that we have hit a considerable low which will open our and the governments eyes and the situation will be reformed to create something better.

Rah-Rah. So now I guess I'll put away my pom poms for the rest of the day. I do honestly believe things will turn around. They always do and we learn something from them, or I certainly hope we do.

Linda Kassis
United Notary Association (UNAA)
www.unitednotaries.org
www.halitek.com

If you are not riding the wave of change, you may find yourself under it. Ride the wave with the UNAA.
Go to Top of Page

vince

Kansas
324 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  2:11:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit vince's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So long as one party is so heavily invested in promoting the recession concept and spouting a belief that the economy is not fundamentally strong, we will continue to have major problems. That said, we can expect some recovery after the next president takes office. The only question in my mind is how much damage will have been done and how the cost of that strategy will be born by all of us and our children’s children.
Go to Top of Page

Shannon

California
360 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  09:15:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shannon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So many threads are devoted to topics like: "Have we hit the bottom?" or "Leading economists say our recovery will start [insert your date]" An interesting note is that everyone believes the economy can come back. Most believe that it will come back. We all seem to want it back. I wish we could all, collectively, turn ourselves over to the power of positive thinking. Then, we wouldn't need a "temp" to boost our spirits every eight years. Then, consumer confidence would be the leading indicator...not the one that lags behind and we, like lemmings, all wait for!

"A Quick Note"
www.aquicknote.net
Personal Service to All of Southern California
Go to Top of Page

lkassis

Iowa
60 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  07:12:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe getting a new pres in place will start the process. Obviously not the bailout itself. If the new pres can create consumer confidence things will begin to turn around.

Stopping the massive foreclosures is #1. This is the beginning for bottoming out home prices. Creating jobs, putting people back to work is step two. The actions of the new pres has the ability to bring back consumer confidence. Consumer confidence will allow those who CAN qualify and who want to buy in a low market to buy. Buying creates demand, or at the very least reduces supply. Once we begin to have less homes sitting empty, the process of bottoming out home values will begin.

These are the things that will help the notary. So, the bailout? It will help some but it will be the entire package that will make things turn around.

Initially, my thoughts would be that the bailout isn't doing zilch but there are items within the bailout that, if one has not read the details, would not realize are there. The bailout package is not just a bailout of bad loans. The bailout will buy bad loans which will open up capital for new lending. That DOES help the signing agent. It also puts money into rebuilding our infrastructure, such as roads. That creates jobs. It also gives some tax breaks. I can't remember much more from there but it does contain more than just money to buy bad loans. Still it will take time and the effects will likely not be seen until the new pres is in place.

With the proper oversight, I am confident this will all turn around swiftly. Depends on who ends up in place to oversee it as commander in chief and who they put in place of Paulson.

Linda Kassis
United Notary Association (UNAA)
www.unitednotaries.org
www.halitek.com

If you are not riding the wave of change, you may find yourself under it. Ride the wave with the UNAA.
Go to Top of Page

joanbergst

California
360 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  11:46:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit joanbergst's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great responses; thank you.

Joan Bergstrom
24/7 To Riverside & San Bernardino Counties.
State Notary exam teacher for www.notaryclasses.com
www.joanbergstromnotarypublic.com
joan.bergstrom@yahoo.com
Cell: 951-522-4919
Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  8:20:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of good points made. Feds did in fact lower the rate a half of a point so lets see if any of this stuff (lower rate and bail out)actually helps the country or us as signers.

Carmen

Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  1:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am speculating that when housing values hit what people consider to be the bottom, then banks will be less afraid to lend. They might think that they won't lose their equity because the market couldn't fall anymore. But, this is a long way off. Perhaps six months off at a minimum. With the economy so shaky, what is perceived to be a bottom may be the bottom of the reaction to the real estate bubble, but may not be a real bottom. If the economy keeps worsening, then housing values could crash in 2009, and then keep declining for many years to come at a slower rate of decline. Its scary to watch.

Its hard to say what will be good for notaries. Perhaps the new found confidence our nation might feel when a new president takes over could stimulate the banks to become more active. Or, perhaps the bad banks would be bought out by more solid banks, and that might stablize the market.

Go to Top of Page

kimcole132

North Carolina
100 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  09:43:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a title company call me and cancel one that was scheduled this week because it was an ARM. She said they could not close any more ARM's until the Bailout plan was approved/settled. Apparently, it addresses ARM loans and they have to comply with the rules before letting any more of them close. I think that is part of the slow down this week.
Go to Top of Page

joanbergst

California
360 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  10:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit joanbergst's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really mean what does this bailout do for Notary public/ loan signers? I am doing 3 signings tomorrow, but, the last 10 days calls have been very few.

I received a total of 6 calls for the last 10 days and I have averaged approx 3 (for loan signings) calls per day for the last year.

Bank Of America has settled a Countrywide lawsuit with our CA Sec of State Jerry Brown which might help approx 125,000 homeowners with loan modifications.

Is this a good beginning or is this something that looks good as a press release?

If the Fed lowers the interest will this help homeowners refinance or purchase a new home? In my area, the Inland Empire, it will be a foreclosure that someone purchases.

Joan Bergstrom
24/7 To Riverside & San Bernardino Counties.
State Notary exam teacher for www.notaryclasses.com
www.joanbergstromnotarypublic.com
joan.bergstrom@yahoo.com
Cell: 951-522-4919
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.