123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 SoCal Signings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 2 people liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

zinnburban

California
19 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2016 :  04:24:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit zinnburban's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Where do I start. She is the absolute worst person to work for.
Go to Top of Page

edwardcraig659

Florida
1 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2015 :  09:37:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Socal Signings in San Dimas has always been great to work with. Never have had a problem. Lisa is always transparent and responsive. I'd recommend them - don't be naive & listen to these negative comments
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2015 :  7:10:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
they are one of those 'training companies' who preys on newbies and blitzes everyone with e mail offers. Never ever.
Go to Top of Page

KRichmond56

2 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2015 :  12:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit KRichmond56's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with those postings in 2014. They used to be one of my favorite companies until they went to the $75 offers, even if they were slow to pay they at least paid. I've asked to be removed from their preferred notary list as I don't want to get calls, texts from them offering jobs that don't even pay enough to cover my expenses.
Go to Top of Page

catmama47

81 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2014 :  2:40:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit catmama47's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I used to work for SoCal Signings years ago, then had a falling out with the owner Lisa because I was not paid within the accepted time frame.

I used to get a call from them once in a "blue moon" and had asked to be removed from their notary data base. I was always polite to the scheduler who contacted me.

This afternoon, wouldn't you know it I had received an e mail asking my availability to do a loan signing. I didn't respond regarding availability but went and asked to be removed-unsubscribe from their e mail.

They used to be a good loan signing company, not sure as to what has happened to them. I'm just going to be polite and say that I'm not available to do any signings for them.

Go to Top of Page

EscottL

California
0 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2014 :  1:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. I will never perform a signing for this company ever again either. I performed three signings in October for this company on the 14, 15 and 31st of the month. I inquired about the time frame within their database and did not get a clear response back regarding payment. I called their offices today and the person who answered the phone was rude and obnoxious. She acted as if I was harassing her just because I wanted to speak to someone regarding payment because their communication was not clear. If the person who responded to my email had been clear on responding back to my question I would of never needed to call. When communication is this poor it’s difficult to work with a company especially if you have representatives who cannot respond to simple questions. I’ve worked with many signing companies and this is the first one where I will never recommend or do business with ever again. The first sign that they are not managing their business well is when they are late on payments. If you check blogs on the internet there are many other Signing Agents who had a problem with payment with this company. Also, other notaries beware. I did not sign up with this company. They contacted me for services.

Lisa Escott
Go to Top of Page

Idaho
4 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  12:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

No more, not again, ever.
I understand the economy affects everyone in some form, but to not pay someone who provides a direct service on your behalf is just plain stupid.
Work performed in September. Notice from 'them' that payment has been issued and on it's way in October. Nothing. Follow up first week of November says "the check is in the mail." Of course it is. End of week 2 of November, still no check.

This used to be one of my favorite signing companies, and I realize some of you out there are probably having no issues at all. My bet? They are going to focus on a particular sector of the marketplace and let the rest go.

If there's anything I hate it's deception. If you can't pay your bill, then say so. Say when you can and then do it. But, please, stop giving me the oldest line in the book.

Because the check is obviously NOT in the mail.

Kelli R - Idaho
I'm thinking of something great to say.......
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2014 :  10:14:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How can Ca. notaries work for them at $75, a pop (I assume you have accepted their low ball fee) and make any profit?? Wish they'd quit blowin' my phone up with those jive text offers.
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2014 :  10:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
they have more nerve than a rotten tooth.
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2013 :  11:24:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just offered $75 for Edoc in absolute dead center of Manhattan. Job was at Rockefeller Center, next to the famous tree. It's a week prior to Christmas, a total GridLock Alert Day. Traffic beyond terrible.

Not silly enough? Call comes in at 2:15PM wants me there with 2 sets of printed docs at 3PM.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

bsracingperforms

Washington
10 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  08:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit bsracingperforms's Homepage  Reply with Quote
always professional and pay in a timely manner.

Robert F Smyth
Performance mobile signing service
Go to Top of Page

Randlyman

California
20 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2013 :  4:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never had a problem with them but I did get a letter from FTB recently where they said my status with SCS was in question regarding being an employee or Independent Contractor. Anyone else getting these?
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Notary

California
16 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2013 :  5:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had nothing but great experiences with SS, I get paid 30 days or less, signing packages do not have fax backs and no hand holding!
Go to Top of Page

carnwadrick

California
5 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  12:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit carnwadrick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't speak for the other posters hear but my experience with So Cal Signings has been nothing but positive. I have been conducting 10-20 signings per month for So Cal for the past 9 months and have found them to be very helpful especially when the lender/escrow is a little slow in sending docs, as to payment the longest I have had to wait for the floral check is 45 days but normally they arrive in 14-20 days.
Gordon@mobilenotary1.com
Go to Top of Page

micheler96

California
43 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2013 :  2:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit micheler96's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got a signing from them on 12/21/12. It was for 1 signer, 2 properties, that is 4 sets of loan docs. I confirmed w/ the the Borrower, printed the job & then got a call that the Br is going w/ a different SS. I got in writing from Lisa, I would get paid for the print job. I paid to have the documents professionally shredded as well. It is now 2/25/13 & all I get back from them, is all of my payables are paid. Well, after numerous e-mails & no check, I have no choice but to post my grievance here on this blog. My resources, my energy, my time & this is how I get treated. Well, good luck in the future. I will put them on my DNA List (Do No Answer).

Michele Ryan

Edited by - micheler96 on 02/23/2013 2:52:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

emteen66

California
3 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2013 :  10:03:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit emteen66's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My issues with this company are several:

1) they are slow to pay

2) if you have a problem with the docs (and there seem to be many)it is impossible to reach anyone. If you do reach someone, they usually don't have the answers you need.

3) They will often "stretch the truth" about where the signing is located. For example, they will say, "I have a signing for you in "Jonesville" (your town which is a suburb of a major city), you're driving so you can't map it but they tell you it's only 5.2 miles away based on mapquest. You agree and then later find out it is actually 17 miles away and through outrageous traffic, over bridges etc to a location you'd never agree to at 5:30pm. Your travel time is suddenly 1 hour each way.

I've learned my lesson and only work for them if I have nothing else scheduled and I've checked the location carefully. And if I have a question that doesn't get answered I just do my best at the signing and save a copy of my email requesting information in case they later give me trouble if something's done wrong.

Go to Top of Page

HWardale

California
20 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  10:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit HWardale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lol, Wayne.
Read the posts. Previously they had a very poor reputation for slow pay. Their only redeeming quality was apparently the beautiful floral checks they used to have (if you were fortunate enough to finally receive one, that is).
My comment was to state that in my recent experience, they paid promptly. And clearly they have changed their check designs...
I've no complaints!

HWardale
Go to Top of Page

wayneclemons

California
46 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  9:54:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit wayneclemons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did someone actually just complain about the color of the checks from this company?!?! WTF?

Wayne

www.ExclusiveMobileNotary.com

www.FaceBook.com/ExclusiveMobileNotary

www.Twitter.com/ExclusiveNotary
Go to Top of Page

HWardale

California
20 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2013 :  12:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit HWardale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I can report that the re-fi boom has been kind to SoCal Signings and they are paying more promptly. They will still low-ball, but if you don't negotiate or are willing to take their offer, it's on you. I just received payment for a signing 17 days ago and I'm disappointed to say they no longer use the prettiest checks in the industry...pretty generic beige now. Hope this information is helpful.

HWardale
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  4:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melcolbert

Got a call at 5:30 PM, said they got my name from notaryrotary...wanted to know if I was available TONIGHT to do a signing in my area. I just won't accept last-minute requests from people I've never done business with...there is no margin for error (what if the docs had the wrong name, what if the ID wasn't adequate, what if ????) too many things can go wrong to try to perform such a last-minute signing. I said "no thanks" before even reading about the slow-paying history. I will continue to say no to those signing companies trolling for desperate newbies...

I accept when they PayPal MY full fee within 15 min of calling and agree to my "best efforts" commitment.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

humanique

California
2 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  2:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit humanique's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It took too long to get paid. They are liars and not worth all the unanswered emails and phone calls to get paid 60 days later.

When companies don't fulfill their obligation to pay for services rendered, then you should not render those services.

We must stick together to be heard and paid!
Go to Top of Page

smcohn

California
17 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2012 :  11:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit smcohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Definitely the prettiest checks in the industry, but you will wait awhile to see it. That is only if you accept a low ball offer from them. Be prepared to negotiate, or just say "no thank you".
Go to Top of Page

California
48 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  6:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did a signing for SoCal Signing on 10/25/12. Received check today, 12/8/12, dated 12/1/12. Not one of the higher fees but not the lowest either. I would work for them anytime.

Teri W.
Go to Top of Page

Melanie363

20 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  3:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry about that. It said there was an error and didn't post. Now I see it posted 3 times.
Go to Top of Page

Melanie363

20 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  3:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted my comments about this company on another thread
Go to Top of Page

RonAnotary

California
29 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  2:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit RonAnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a SS out of San Dimas, CA. Anyone had any payment issues with them? I have an outstanding invoice coming up on 50 days past due and they won't answer e-mails. Any info would be appreciated.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.