123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Newbie & Mentoring Section
 Notary Bay
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  3:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Judy,

Forgive me for not answering. I personally have never worked with them...but do a search on various forums and see what you come up with. Ask them for notary references in addition to checking them out.

Carmen

Go to Top of Page

n/a

Colorado
4 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  7:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*YAWN*
Go to Top of Page

Shannon

California
360 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  08:29:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shannon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lightk Posted - 05/22/2008 : 07:07:17 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've had 4 calls from my free listing on NB, of which I've been able to handle one. I've been with NB since the BETA.

The way the system is set up, seems pretty cool to me.

I have always received fast email/phone call responses from Scott.

I can see where there would be problems, but it's like all the other databases out there -- sign up and post your info or don't. I never knew there were problems until I read this topic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I have received very few calls, I agree that the site is set up and is VERY "cool". For me, it was about return on investment. The only problem outside of that is that some people want a guarantee in life. They foolishly believe somehow, that someone should be there to catch them when they fall and to refund their money if they don't get a guaranteed return. Being self-employed is all about risk. If you choose this path for yourself, you must be prepared for the bad as well as the good and learn about personal responsibility. Notary Bay didn't sell a guarantee of business. They sold us an opportunity. Whether it works or does not work, is academic. Glad to read posts like yours from folks who are rugged individuals and don't need a nurse-maid.

Edited by - Shannon on 05/22/2008 08:30:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  07:07:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've had 4 calls from my free listing on NB, of which I've been able to handle one. I've been with NB since the BETA.

The way the system is set up, seems pretty cool to me.

I have always received fast email/phone call responses from Scott.

I can see where there would be problems, but it's like all the other databases out there -- sign up and post your info or don't. I never knew there were problems until I read this topic.
Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  04:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just looked at my copy. Copying another person was a good idea. Thanks, Stephen.

quote:
Originally posted by beccafla

Jim,

You really should contain yourself when trying to defend your "adopted grandson" because you are making others question your motives and your sanity.

FYI - This is posted with the consent of the writer, for those with a boner for that kind of thing.

Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2008
To: Rebecca Fair

Subject: Jim on 123notary

Becca FL
(cc BrendaTx)

My apologies,

I get a phone call this evening from a guy who is in New Jersey. He informs me that someone has cut and pasted some comments of mine about Notary Bay and wanted to know what I felt about that. (He talks so fast that it's hard to get in a comment) I told him what I had posted on NotaryCafe.com as I thought that was where the comment was from.

My interpretation of what he was presenting was somewhat muddled by his 'energetic' speech and I told him where to find some follow up comments I had posted.

He did not identify himself as a relation to Scott, but spoke very fondly and defensively on his behalf. - said he was "...old enough to be the kid's Grandfather"

I let him know that I am still dissatisfied with the inability to make contact with anybody on that service and that there is no way to close the account other than challenging the charges with the credit card company.

Since I joined in the last week of March, I have had two pages from NB. One was an SS doing what they called a 'Recruiting Drive' and the other was from, do you believe it, CTC Notary.

I have read over what was posted on 123 and I want to state that I have no regrets or issues regarding that topic. Jim could only have retrieved my phone number from here which was slightly disconcerting at first, but comical to think that he reads this forum then shoots it down at 123.

Anyway, this whole 'permission' thing is on him, not me. I was put on the defensive by his demeanor and led him to my comments on Notary Cafe. Once I read 123 and saw it was you two he was having issues with, I was greatly relieved. Both of you have proven to be respectable and trustworthy posters.

Again, my apologies for any inconvenience he may have caused you in my name.

Steve Pearce
Nomad/OR

FloridasNotary.com

http://floridasnotary.com/fieldinspectorlist.aspx

Florida NSA Network - "Florida's Premier Notary Network"
Need a Mobile Closer in Florida? Ask me for a referral.
FloridaNSANetwork.com

NSA Book - Free at
http://tinyurl.com/4t4f3p
Go to Top of Page

beccafla

Florida
96 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2008 :  9:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccafla's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim,

You really should contain yourself when trying to defend your "adopted grandson" because you are making others question your motives and your sanity.

FYI - This is posted with the consent of the writer, for those with a boner for that kind of thing.

Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2008
To: Rebecca Fair

Subject: Jim on 123notary

Becca FL
(cc BrendaTx)

My apologies,

I get a phone call this evening from a guy who is in New Jersey. He informs me that someone has cut and pasted some comments of mine about Notary Bay and wanted to know what I felt about that. (He talks so fast that it's hard to get in a comment) I told him what I had posted on NotaryCafe.com as I thought that was where the comment was from.

My interpretation of what he was presenting was somewhat muddled by his 'energetic' speech and I told him where to find some follow up comments I had posted.

He did not identify himself as a relation to Scott, but spoke very fondly and defensively on his behalf. - said he was "...old enough to be the kid's Grandfather"

I let him know that I am still dissatisfied with the inability to make contact with anybody on that service and that there is no way to close the account other than challenging the charges with the credit card company.

Since I joined in the last week of March, I have had two pages from NB. One was an SS doing what they called a 'Recruiting Drive' and the other was from, do you believe it, CTC Notary.

I have read over what was posted on 123 and I want to state that I have no regrets or issues regarding that topic. Jim could only have retrieved my phone number from here which was slightly disconcerting at first, but comical to think that he reads this forum then shoots it down at 123.

Anyway, this whole 'permission' thing is on him, not me. I was put on the defensive by his demeanor and led him to my comments on Notary Cafe. Once I read 123 and saw it was you two he was having issues with, I was greatly relieved. Both of you have proven to be respectable and trustworthy posters.

Again, my apologies for any inconvenience he may have caused you in my name.

Steve Pearce
Nomad/OR

FloridasNotary.com

FloridaNSANetwork.com
Go to Top of Page

beccafla

Florida
96 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2008 :  8:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccafla's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Jim,

I just got a very interesting PM from Mr. Pearca and I have to tell you, he was NOT supporting your position. I hope he posts his thoughts on this site so I don't have to tell you what he really thinks of you, Notary Bay and Scott.

Jim, you're not making many friends out there.

This is better than TV!

FloridasNotary.com

FloridaNSANetwork.com

Edited by - beccafla on 05/21/2008 8:35:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

beccafla

Florida
96 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2008 :  6:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccafla's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This came from someone that wishes to remain anonymous and was sent to me via private email.

Subject: Fwd: Notary Bay Job Alert

Hi all!

FYI

If you get the following email, there really isn't a closing. They are just trying to get you to call in and update information. I followed that lead and it was Nations Signature Closers. After I spent 20 minutes updating my information and explaining why I will not do my closigs for a minimum of $75, The person that answered said there really isn't a job in that city. They just chose a zip code and entered to see who replied. I said that is bogus and interrupted my day for 20 minutes for nothing---I thought I was replying for a closing.

Have a great day!

And then there is this from "Then Premier Site For Professional Notaries."

"Re: This is so pathetic...
Posted by John_NorCal of CA on 4/3/08 12:03am Msg #241913
I posted about that guy a while back. Text messaged me about a job, then within a minute said the job was taken. No way in hell was that for real, he just wants to get suckers to sign up for his site.
Wouldn't be surprised if the $45.00 wonders sign up with him."

BTW, Jim, I do not need permission to quote what was posted on a PUBLIC message forum.

FloridasNotary.com

FloridaNSANetwork.com
Go to Top of Page

beccafla

Florida
96 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2008 :  4:14:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccafla's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Linda, Pay attention here. You did NOT understand correctly and nothing could be further from the truth.

**So Jim, if I'm understanding the quoted information above you are saying that Becca had 83 posts on a forum (NotaryBay) that she wasn't aware she had posted?

Now THAT is a reliable source of information!**

Shannon, I'm sure glad you got your money refunded, others have not been so lucky.

Notary Bay? - Peter Bricks on 2/16/08 9:38pm

Ripped off by them because
Posted by Nomad/OR of OR on 4/5/08 8:36am
Msg #242291
I wasn't as smart as you. I signed up over a week ago and they charged my card, but no upgrade has happened. I've left numerous messages on both of their 'contact us' links but nothing has happened.

Live & learn, I'll have to get the charges reversed and see if they try to charge me again next month.

FloridasNotary.com

FloridaNSANetwork.com
Go to Top of Page

Shannon

California
360 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  7:10:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shannon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Again, no bashing on my part...just keeping it real...
Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  6:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do not need to take a look. I know that.

I said, "Mr. Lissemore made a post to her attention and then she responded yesterday."

Yesterday was the 19th.

quote:
Originally posted by Shannon

Take a look down this thread at (oh, let's say...) 5/19?

My reply (thanks for quoting me) was directly related to that post... no bashing here...just defending some folks unjustly bashed.

NSA Book - Free at
Go to Top of Page

Shannon

California
360 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  6:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shannon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Take a look down this thread at (oh, let's say...) 5/19?

My reply (thanks for quoting me) was directly related to that post... no bashing here...just defending some folks unjustly bashed.

Edited by - Shannon on 05/20/2008 6:19:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  5:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Becca hasn't made a peep since 5/13. Mr. Lissemore made a post to her attention and then she responded yesterday.

More posts were made thereafter to attempt to provoke her into more debate.

It seems like that there is plenty of baiting and more than one bashing taking place here

quote:
Originally posted by Shannon

Just keeping things real here...
It just so happens that my listing with Notary Bay (which I cancelled) ended on May 18th. I was billed/charged for a new month, shot an email to Scott, which he replied to almost immediately. Then I received my credit within moments. To say Scott is unresponsive seems to be just another in a long string of lies and other unjustified abuse. Please readers, CONSIDER THE SOURCE OF THESE COMPLAINTS. For the record, although the service didn't pencil out for me, Scott and his staff were great to deal with and were incredibly fair all along the way. This vendetta by a few individuals is becoming pathetic and exposing them as the bashers that they are...Please don't be fooled!! Use your own judgement and take comments from "that group" with a grain of salt.

NSA Book - Free at
Go to Top of Page

Shannon

California
360 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  5:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shannon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just keeping things real here...
It just so happens that my listing with Notary Bay (which I cancelled) ended on May 18th. I was billed/charged for a new month, shot an email to Scott, which he replied to almost immediately. Then I received my credit within moments. To say Scott is unresponsive seems to be just another in a long string of lies and other unjustified abuse. Please readers, CONSIDER THE SOURCE OF THESE COMPLAINTS. For the record, although the service didn't pencil out for me, Scott and his staff were great to deal with and were incredibly fair all along the way. This vendetta by a few individuals is becoming pathetic and exposing them as the bashers that they are...Please don't be fooled!! Use your own judgement and take comments from "that group" with a grain of salt.

Go to Top of Page

jlissem

New Jersey
139 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  5:01:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit jlissem's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Linda
Becca has 83 posts on 123notary. Notary Bay does not have a forum.
Go to Top of Page

lkassis

Iowa
60 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  4:50:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jlissem

beccafla

Florida
83 Posts
Posted - 05/19/2008 : 08:37:29 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well then, tell your MoMo adopted grandson to cancel the friggin listing.

Becca as per your request you have been removed.
Also you should show a little more respect to members of my family.

So Jim, if I'm understanding the quoted information above you are saying that Becca had 83 posts on a forum (NotaryBay) that she wasn't aware she had posted?

Now THAT is a reliable source of information!

Quote from Becca:
“AQN, what happened? Did you finally see the light? Did you finally figure out you were being scammed?”
Unquote

What is your excuse? If you knew all of this from the start, why did you join Notary Bay? You didn’t realize you had joined?

Quote from Becca:
“Why Linda, of course you feel this way...as you were found guilty of planing the same scam Scott planed all under the guise of being helpful.”
Unquote

I didn’t ‘plane’ anything. Found guilty in whose eyes? Yours?
It’s quite obvious your sense of perception and interpretation is a little warped. After all, you interpreted that Scott was Jim’s grandson from misreading the post Jim made about adopting Scott or from second hand gossip. If you misread then you are unreliable as a source of opinion or interpretation. For such a group who discredits the association, many of you sure jumped on board or tried. Several of the nr bunch joined or tried to join the association. Many were declined membership.

So which is it, Becca? You can’t be on both sides of the game.

Linda Kassis
United Notary Association (UNAA)
www.unitednotaries.org
www.halitek.com

If you are not riding the wave of change, you may find yourself under it. Ride the wave with the UNAA.
Go to Top of Page

beccafla

Florida
96 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  08:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit beccafla's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, and for what it's worth, I have never received a call from my listing on that site.

I have requested AGAIN that Scott remove my profile from his database. I doubt I'll get a response or any action since people looking to cancel their paid memberships have had to cancel via their financial institution because Scott can't seem to pick up the phone or answer an email.

FloridasNotary.com

FloridaNSANetwork.com
Go to Top of Page

beccafla

Florida
96 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  08:37:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit beccafla's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well then, tell your MoMo adopted grandson to cancel the friggin listing. I have requested that he do so via email, but as others have said, he does NOT respond to emails. I guess he's too busy pushing buttons behind the curtain.

FloridasNotary.com

FloridaNSANetwork.com
Go to Top of Page

beccafla

Florida
96 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  4:51:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccafla's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear you are healing well, Renee.

The fact is that just 30 miles north of me, over 100 homes and many pets were lost to brush fires in the past three days. I have spent my day organizing with other caring people in my community to get much needed supplies to the families left homeless while trying to figure out a way to house the pets that got away and hopefully reunite them with their owners. You see, these things are just as important to me as warning fellow notaries of companies that prey upon them under the guise of being helpful.

I feel I add much value in the things I do and say and don't regret a thing.

And, Lulu, Brenda said just that "My answer is no, thank you."

FloridasNotary.com

FloridaNSANetwork.com
Go to Top of Page

lkassis

Iowa
60 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  2:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Renee

Today …

Over 105,000 people died (I hope nobody you loved, but surely they were all loved).
Over 13,000 people learned they have cancer (I hope not you, or anyone you love).
Almost 16,000 divorces occurred. (I hope not your own).
50 species became extinct. (I hope nothing that held any clues to curing cancer?)

Every now and then we get our own, personal reminders to the lesson of how precious time is, how fragile life is, and how we each figure into the whole scheme of things. My personal reminder today was when I was able to walk – unfettered, on my own two legs, from the bathroom to the bed … maybe 20 steps. It’s been nearly 8 weeks since I last walked ‘bare legged’ like that, and it was heavenly and I am one blessed woman.

I try to look at every day like I have .46 cents left to spend on Life, and I try to spend my time, my energy, my LIFE on things that matter, things that – if they’re the last thing I ever get to do – will be positive influences. Everything I do or say has a price, and I would hate to squander away my last few cents on something that really didn’t add anything of any value to anyone.

Is this stuff really all that necessary? Is holding onto some sense of being 'right' really more valuable than being kind?

Renee!!! Wonderful! You are out of that cast! I was thinking about you the other day, wondering how you were getting along with the leg. Great, so you won't have to carry that thing into the warmer weather.

Did you carpet those steps yet? :)

Linda Kassis
www.unitednotaries.org
www.halitek.com

If you are not riding the wave of change, you may find yourself under it. Ride the wave with the UNAA.
Go to Top of Page

lkassis

Iowa
60 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  1:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BrendaTx

Linda,

There is no good way to answer your post. My answer is no, thank you.

I wish you the best in your endeavors, Linda...for you as well as notaries whom you may help along your way.

Nonetheless, I don't think that us getting together for coffee here in Texas or touring the TAMU campus together is a goal either one of us really aspires to...really wants to put our time to.

That having been said, the Texas A&M campus is a good place. Since you mentioned TAMU, when you have time, google and read the "Aggie Code of Honor". It's a very short read...like two lines.

quote:
Originally posted by lkassis

Hey, Brenda I was thinking about flying down to visit my niece this summer and thought it was so close to you we should have coffee. Seriously.

I'd also love to tour Texas A&M.

Linda Kassis
www.unitednotaries.org
www.halitek.com

NSA Book - Free at

I meant that seriously about having coffee. Sometimes when an opportunity presents itself (such as in visiting my niece near you)it is an opportunity to meet and try to heal issues long past. A simple No thank you would have sufficed.

Linda Kassis
www.unitednotaries.org
www.halitek.com

Go to Top of Page

Renee

Michigan
549 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  1:25:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Renee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today …

Over 105,000 people died (I hope nobody you loved, but surely they were all loved).
Over 13,000 people learned they have cancer (I hope not you, or anyone you love).
Almost 16,000 divorces occurred. (I hope not your own).
50 species became extinct. (I hope nothing that held any clues to curing cancer?)

Every now and then we get our own, personal reminders to the lesson of how precious time is, how fragile life is, and how we each figure into the whole scheme of things. My personal reminder today was when I was able to walk – unfettered, on my own two legs, from the bathroom to the bed … maybe 20 steps. It’s been nearly 8 weeks since I last walked ‘bare legged’ like that, and it was heavenly and I am one blessed woman.

I try to look at every day like I have .46 cents left to spend on Life, and I try to spend my time, my energy, my LIFE on things that matter, things that – if they’re the last thing I ever get to do – will be positive influences. Everything I do or say has a price, and I would hate to squander away my last few cents on something that really didn’t add anything of any value to anyone.

Is this stuff really all that necessary? Is holding onto some sense of being 'right' really more valuable than being kind?
Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  12:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did you run out of Milk Duds, Mike??

quote:
Originally posted by AZSigner

I have to throw in my two cents here:

What's the deal with McDonald's no longer supersizing their french fries! I mean, come on! I don't need McDonald's playing the role of mommy and daddy and attempting to control my eating habits by trying to cut my caloric intake. I WANT MY DAD-GUM SUPER SIZE FRIES! I don't care if my arteries get clogged, at least I'll die happy with super sized fries by my side.

-Mike

NSA Book - Free at
Go to Top of Page

AZSigner

Arizona
93 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  12:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to throw in my two cents here:

What's the deal with McDonald's no longer supersizing their french fries! I mean, come on! I don't need McDonald's playing the role of mommy and daddy and attempting to control my eating habits by trying to cut my caloric intake. I WANT MY DAD-GUM SUPER SIZE FRIES! I don't care if my arteries get clogged, at least I'll die happy with super sized fries by my side.

-Mike

Edited by - AZSigner on 05/13/2008 12:40:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

BrendaTx

Texas
60 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  12:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit BrendaTx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mr. Lissemore - I tried to answer you but apparently it's been caught in the moderator's sticky fly paper. It's just as well, I have more time to answer now.

Those, who (like my family) have ties to TAMU for years...generations even...well, naturally we/I/they feel this is regrettable/horrible and we don't like it or in any way approve of the type of people who do this or some of the other unfortunate acts which a few bad apples have chosen to commit.

Still...that doesn't mean that I (or other people who adhere to a worthy code) will tolerate intolerable behavior...or cheaters...or liars...or people who steal the work of others. The Aggie code is not so different from most people who have a conscience and a sense of fairness.

You are retired military, right? Naturally, we think of the military as an honorable group of men and women...we appreciate who they are and what they do. 99% of those people are extremely good people. Even so there are times when there are those 1% of rogue members of the military--actually, any segment of honorable society who shame us all.

And, by the way...what was your point? :)

NSA Book - Free at
Go to Top of Page

n/a

California
2 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  09:33:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carmen,
I have asked before about this company, and no one responded...

Are you familiar with them? They texted me to call them for a signing .........when I called, it was Southland Title company and they said they had been instructed to use Notary Bay for their signings.
Thanks
Judy Kale
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.