123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Watch out for Watermark Services!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shannon

California
360 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2010 :  3:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shannon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Although I have never worked with Watermark Services, I have had similar situations arise (as described by Denise O'Dell) with other companies. The situation described would not have happened to me because I would never take a "last-minute" signing with edocs for $100. Not only is the amount too low for such a service, it seems that the expectation by Watermark for her to somehow perfect the documents sent to her, show up on time and make a second trip due to no fault of her own was too great.

I know Denise O'Dell. I know her to be of good character and a professional Notary Signing Agent with long experience. It troubles me that after all she did to make this signing go right, Watermark refused to pay her for her time and attention to the assignment. Further, it troubles me greatly that fellow notaries cannot see the truth in this situation and felt the need to uplift a signing service verses supporting a colleague who faced an all too common situation for notaries public.

Did the loan fund? If it did, payment should be made. Did it not? Payment should be made (if Watermark is reputable) for a service that was provided in good faith. Anything less sounds like petty theft/defrauding a vendor. Just one opinion.

"A Quick Note"
www.aquicknote.net
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/aquicknote
Go to Top of Page

DianaNotary

California
171 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2010 :  9:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit DianaNotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a good experience with Watermark. I wish they pay more though...

http://www.DianaNotary.com
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  6:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please visit our review page for Watermark Services

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=88&Watermark+Services

Go to Top of Page

directnotary

California
17 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  11:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit directnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I made a complaint about Watermark and they responded. I thought I posted a reply, but don't see it on here so I'm posting it again.

Other notaries may have had a good experience with Watermark, but this notary did not.

A few statements in Watermark's response need to be clarified. Not only did I not get paid, but now they're going to flat out lie and put my reputation on the line.
----

I was not "frantic and "agitated" when I spoke with Dean about the printing problem, nor did he have to calm me down. I merely wanted to get the job done in a timely fashion and done properly. Sure, I was under some stress, but it was not like he states in his response. He's simply exaggerating.

As an "experienced agent," I did notice a few pages were not printing right so I immediately sent an email notifying them. I never got a phone call or reply to my email. Dean needs to take some responsibility here for not doing his job and resolving the printing problem in the first place.

Dean called me a few days later and was quite upset and did not speak to me in a "calm and professional manner". I was actually taken by complete surprise by his demeanor and tone of voice. If anyone was "frantic and agitated" it was him.

I tried to explain I had told them before the signing the docs were still not printing right. He just kept saying I would not be paid and he'd never use me again.

He also incorrectly states: "If she had agreed at the time to correct the situation with a 2nd trip she would have been paid in full within 30 days of the assignment..." He's lying! He never asked me to go back out to resign, and I most certainly did not tell him I "understood that I would not be paid unless a second trip was made." He is outright lying and is merely trying to cover his tail.

The only true statements in Watermark's response are: (1) I did ask to be removed from their list because I will not work for a company that doesn't pay; and 2) I did call the borrower and sent letters to the title company and lender telling them I expect payment.

I was the one who used "poor judgment," when I accepted this assignment. and caution other notaries who are considering accepting assignments from them.

I sent Watermark letters and did not receive payment. Therefore, I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and sending the invoice to a collection agency for payment.

Sincerely,

Denise O'Dell
www.santaclaritamobilenotary.com

Edited by - directnotary on 04/18/2008 6:00:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

n/a

California
2 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  08:56:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done several signings for watermark services and think they are GREAT!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

bondmobilenotary

Idaho
41 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  2:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit bondmobilenotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a closing for Watermark on 2/28/08 and received payment on 4/4. They were great to work with.

Kathy Bond
Go to Top of Page

jlissem

New Jersey
139 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  06:14:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit jlissem's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have done a number of signing for Watermark and have found Dean to be reasonable and professional.
Jim Lissemore, Pres.
www.Flexo-Notaries.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a

1 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  4:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watermark Services Inc.'s response to Ms. O'Dell's complaint:

Watermark did assign a closing to Ms. O'Dell on February 12th, 2008. I, Dean, did take a Technical Support call to discuss a printing problem which she was having. Ms. O'Dell was extremely frantic and agitated during that call however I was able to calm her down and I thought at the time able to resolve her technical issue.

The documents Ms. O'Dell printed were originally scanned by title. I viewed the documents and did determine that when they were scanned they were shifted slightly to the right but were acceptable when I did a test print on my end. We did have title rescan the Deed of Trust since the margins were not equal and we wanted to prevent any potential delay and/or additional recording fees.

When title received the signed documents back in their office, they discovered that they were printed in a completely unacceptable way with pages being truncated and middle pages of legal documents turned sideways. In my opinion and Title's, Ms. O'Dell should never have had those documents signed in their current state. I believe that any experienced agent would have arrived at that same conclusion.

After my conversation with Title, I called Ms. O'Dell and informed her of the issue. I spoke in a calm and professional manner however the agent was extremely defensive and angry and hung up on me four times. During these calls, I asked her if she was going to be able to make another trip out to the borrowers to get the package resigned. She chose not to and understood that she would not be paid unless she made the second trip. She said she understood and asked to be taken off our list and hung up. She called back and then said she wanted to be paid and threatened to sue us and post complaints on all the message boards and hung up again.

Subsequently we hired another agent and paid him in full even though we were asked to waive our fee to the customer because of the inconvenience. Ms. O'Dell proceeded to call the borrower and upset them and then sent emails and fax's out title and the lender distorting the situation and blaming Watermark for her inability to print the documents correctly.

In our opinion that agent used poor judgment in thinking that the documents would be acceptable as printed and used poor judgment and acted extremely unprofessionally after the problem was discovered by title and therefore will not be paid. If she had agreed at the time to correct the situation with a 2nd trip she would have been paid in full within 30 days of the assignment as we do with all our other hundreds of terrific agents.

Sincerely, Watermark Services Inc
Go to Top of Page

n/a

California
2 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  11:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have worked as a notary signing agent and have done MANY signings for a lot of different signing companies in the past 5 years and have never experienced anything like this before.

On 2/12/08, I accepted a last-minute edocs signing on behalf of Watermark Services for $100. I had a printing problem when downloading docs from their website so I called them. The right sides of the docs were being cut off and some were printing out sideways.

I was referred to their "tech guy" who told me "it must've been due to the way they were scanned" on their end. He said not to worry and told me how to set my printer so the pages wouldn't be cut off. He then resent the TD because he said it wouldn't fly the way it looked which I knew.

I finally got the docs to print correctly, but a few pages were still printing sideways. By this time I was late for the appt. and the borrower was frantically calling me wondering where I was. BEFORE LEAVING FOR THE APPOINTMENT, I sent [green]Watermark
an email letting them know that a few pages were still printing sideways. At no time, either BEFORE, DURING OR AFTER the signing -- did I receive a phone call or email regarding the few sideway pages being an issue.

THE ENTIRE JOB TOOK ME FOUR HOURS: Almost 2 hours printing docs, 40 mins. travel time, and over an hour for signing docs because borrowers had to sign almost every page as Trustees which took extra time. All for a $100 fee!

A couple days later, the same "tech guy" called and said the pages that were printed and signed sideways were "not acceptable to the lender" and I "should have never had them sign that way." He then told me that I wouldn't be getting paid! (Excuse me?). They didn't even ask me if I'd go back out and sign again which I probably would've done. The guy was very upset, verbally abusive and extremely rude. I ended up hanging up on him. I have never had any signing company, title company or otherwise treat me in such a manner. It just wasn't right. I did nothing wrong.

I spent a lot of time, money and effort on that signing. I take great pride in my work. I am very professional and always very courteous. There has never been one signing or notarization I have NOT been paid for in FIVE YEARS. I have done a lot of edocs/webdocs signings and rarely have a problem with webdocs. If there was a problem, I would call the company and they'd immediately resolve it.

I sent Watermark an invoice over a month ago indicating I expect payment within 30 days from the signing date. It has now been over 30 days and no payment. I faxed them a "past due" invoice 4 days ago, and... no payment. My next step is to send them a letter demanding payment. If I still don't hear from them, I intend to send another letter to them with a copy to the title company and the lender. If I still don't receive payment, I will file a complaint with the BBB and do whatever else I need to do. I intend to take whatever action is necessary to collect payment. I'm sure they got paid...Why shouldn't I? It's just not right what they did.

This is the type of thing that happens to notary signing agents. Signing services make it appear that they did everything that was requested of them by the lender. But "it's those darned irresponsible notaries who just can't seem to follow instructions."

This was my first and LAST signing with Watermark Services.

www.santaclaritamobilenotary.com
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.