123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 bad companies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joriecolyer

Colorado
5 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  8:22:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit joriecolyer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done a lot of work for LIA. They generally take 45 - 60 days to pay; however, they have always paid me. Hopefully, this will stay true. I must say that I would never have let my invoicing get to $1500.00. I would have stopped doing work for them at about $500.00 or less. We do not make much at each signing so that is a lot of money to be out. It's not like remodeling a room where you may not be able to help being out that much in materials. Good luck
quote:
Originally posted by Mayhem

I've done work for LIA for 3 years. Always paid in 30 days, after first of year 45 days. Since May, $1575.00 in outstanding balances, all doubles . Have heard bad personnel not paying invoices, are you sure you weren't paid now the latest was you didn't send invoice! Try reaching anyone when you're trying to collect... IMPOSSIBLE. They still call and want me to do closings. They're in business just not the pay our vendors business

Go to Top of Page

kaleijohnson

Hawaii
13 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  12:19:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit kaleijohnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pacific Document Services (Paul Gamb). Has anyone had trouble with checks bouncing?

Kaleihanamau Johnson
Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  10:35:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any notary who is owed money from SOX needs to contact me immediately through this website. I cannot help you without you helping me.

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services
Go to Top of Page

thenjnotary

New Jersey
17 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  01:36:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit thenjnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another Company to avoid is " The Final Step" from Eldersburg Maryland.
They refuse to return calls and it appears they refuse to Pay Notaries. I'm going on my fifth month requesting payment. NO RESPONSE!!!!
Go to Top of Page

dawn

Pennsylvania
34 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  01:29:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit dawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I finally received final payment from LIA Signing for an assignment completed on August 17, 2007 yesterday Novemeber 19th.
Go to Top of Page

Shays

Tennessee
12 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2007 :  09:54:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shays's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As they say Carmen cream always rises to the top!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shari Hays
Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  06:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Now I know some of you won’t say this out loud but I kinda like it this way because as I said before this current climate is weeding out some of the notaries doing sub par work and that means more for me, and it is weeding out a lot of the lessor SA’s who could be bad payers. I know that sounds selfish but it’s a business and I'm sure this will have an effect on my income when the market swings around"

This is my sediments exactly.....this is one of the things that has to take place bbefore things can change...Period. And I will and do say it out loud.

Carmen
Go to Top of Page

dawn

Pennsylvania
34 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  08:10:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit dawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UPDATE......
I received a call from Janet at LIA who told me she mailing my balance today and it sounds as if they are attempting to make good on those that were short. Only time will tell. The number that came up on my phone was 847-973-2534.
Go to Top of Page

dawn

Pennsylvania
34 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  10:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit dawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope that you get paid too. Apparantly their thing right now is sending out $25 and $50 checks - payment plans? If so, you would think that they would let the notary know.

Good luck to you!
Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  11:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Like I said in another post... I think I'm getting killed in the LIA argument. They are current with me at the moment so I can't say anything bad and another poster said she was getting paid by them so here's all I can do. The first of the last signings I did for them was on 10/22/07 so they have time yet to pay me and to tell the truth I did three more after that. Two on 10/24 and one on 11/8. I promise I will let everyone know how it goes with the payment. As there are quite a few of you ( and more on Notary Rotary ) who are not happy with them, I promise not to defend them publicly anymore. I just hope I get paid as I always have.
Go to Top of Page

dawn

Pennsylvania
34 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  07:34:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit dawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have to chime in with my two cents worth here. I accepted an assignment with LIA - then read a lot of negative things. I contacted someone who said they always pay at 45 days. So I took the gamble. It was suppose to be overnight docs but Lord only knows where they were sent. So it became edocs. At 45 days I hadnt received a check. Got a song and dance from them. Was told on 3 sepertate occassions all past due monies were paid. Well today I finally got a check for $25.00. Whoops - a little short. Called in and was given a song and dance about all the modifications they have been doing and accounting must have made a mistake and I am sure you will be paid. But they cant tell me when. Oh by the way, this Saturday, the 17th will be 90days since I completed the closing. And, not to pat myself on the back, but the only reason it closed was because no one could tell me exactly where the O/N docs were being sent. The night before I called everyone to see who had them and low behold they sent them to me but changed my address.

OK- a little long winded. I can live with 45 but not 90 days and definatly not being paid the full amount. And not that it matters, the new mortgage is recorded with my name as the notary.

I say beware of LIA.
Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  12:05:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
crtowles

California
262 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 : 02:50:31 AM
This is very odd how some report that they get paid and others are having major trouble. Do you guys think they are being selective? and if so why?

Carmen

radonotary

Florida
59 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 : 12:47:51 PM
You know, it's funny how it isn't until someone says something out loud, until you have it enter your mind as a genuine thought. Several Movie lines are coming to mind right now, such as "The answer was there all the time" and "How could I have been so blind".

radonotary

Florida
59 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 : 11:53:28 PM
Do I think they are being selective? Now that you mention it, a couple of things come to mind.

As times are slow in the market and there are so many reports of Mortgage and Title Companies going under I’m sure some of the remaining companies are having to juggle there income to stay in survival mode and some are still doing OK. I have also noticed that more and more Title Co’s and SA’s are keeping their own data bases. With that in mind, it occurs to me that if I had 3 or 4 Notaries in an area and one of them is outstanding as a Signing Agent and another is OK and the others suck and I had to juggle my incoming funds, I would pay the outstanding one first as to keep me happy (oops) and delay the others.

Another thing that comes to mind is the notion that the current climate will serve to weed out some of the prime suspects. I read the Notary Rotary boards and one thing I find is that when someone complains about people not paying it’s usually followed by 2 or 3 others saying the same thing and 2 or 3 saying that company is just fine. Same on 123. Some are riddled with complaints. The ones that are riddled like SOX, are the ones to obviously avoid. I read a post complaining about SouthEast Equity. I wouldn’t turn down a job from them for all the tea in China. I see other companies on no no lists and I laugh because I get good income from 2 or 3 of them. I’m sure somewhere in America there is a guy getting ready to do his payroll and he see’s an invoice from a notary that did a crappy job and he’s putting that invoice at the bottom of the pile and saying out loud -- to hell with that one. If you suck at this job or just don’t take care of the details or perhaps your a part timer and turn down jobs because of other obligations and are sent to the back of the pile, are you the one complaining? I find that the folks who are dedicated and do this full time don’t have as many complaints. On the contrary, I see these guys as the ones who post things like I have been working with abc Co. for years with no problem.

I haven’t been doing this for very long only 2 and a 1/2 years but in that time I have only posted once about a company refusing to pay me. I turn down work from people whom I have read many neg. remarks about and I work aggressively to collect from slow payers and get paid.

Who are these people posting these complaints. Are they the same people over and over again. I wish I had the time to do an analysis but I don’t.

I just want to say that of course I am not referring to every Company out there. Those that are professional and have their act together are exempt from this discussion. But I find I need the lessor Companies to get the income I require.

Yes I think some ( with more getting on the band wagon ) are being selective. I think they are starting to keep their own data bases to select the notaries that they like best but sometimes having to hire a stranger and not getting the quality they expected and are taking care of their favorites first is a possibility. I’m sure they would do the same in good times as well but slow pay or no pay wouldn’t be as rampant as it is now because there would be much more money and even those would get paid in a more timely manner.

Now I know some of you won’t say this out loud but I kinda like it this way bec

Edited by - radonotary on 11/09/2007 12:07:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  11:49:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As much as it pains me ( and it does ) to have to ask this... When did you do this modification and more importantly, WHY WHY WHY DID YOU ACCEPT IT FOR T W E N T Y F I V E DOLLARS?????

Let me take this opportunity to remind you of something.

Excerpts from a now infamous posting (thats double cool)

STOP IT!

It is not worth it. How much are you spending in gas and time for $25.00. After Gas you are making $10.00 or less if you have to drive a long distance. Not to mention the Job you had to turn down ( and would have gotten more ) for that time slot.

STOP IT!

These are poultry offerings. But I don't blame them; I BLAME YOU!!! It's their job to get the lowest possible price.

STOP IT!

You are killing the integrity of our fee schedules. It’s because of you that more and more folks out there are trying to pay less and less. AND YOUR KILLING ME. Why do some of us not understand that those who are taking these jobs with the stupid fees are KILLING the signing industry from being the entrepreneurial business that we got into.

PLEASE, PLEASE don’t let this happen. If enough of us turn down these ridiculous fee’s they will be forced to pay us what we are worth and stop being Greedy Little pricks.

And also I just want to mention that any business school will teach you that when things slow down the best thing you can do is raise your price or when the market gets strong again ( and it will ) you will be working your butt off for garbage pay.

I’m not trying to be rude for rudeness sake. I just want people to understand that this is important. If this continues, everyone is going to start lowering their prices. If this happens there will be no one to blame except for those who are belittling and undercutting away our industry.

Linda, please - please don't take this as a purely personal attack, I don't even know you. ( I don't think you should have done it for 25 ) I just saw this as an opportunity to re-post this issue.

So back to main question. Has it been more than 60 days?

Edited by - radonotary on 11/08/2007 11:58:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

lbj123

Maryland
7 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  10:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit lbj123's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I have some complaints also about the "lovely' Lia Signing. I also did an Emod for them at a grand total of $25 and I have spent more than this on calls and faxes and emails and time. They are a very disreputable company in my opinion and I have no problem bashing Crystal at Lia Signing. Can you believe they have the nerve to say "we can't come to the phone due to a heavy phone calls at this time." It must be from the notaries trying to call in to call for payments - that's why they don't answer the freakin phone. they are tired of hearing us complain to them. They are thieves - I got s----ed - I don't want anyone else to. NO WORK FOR LIA SIGNING
Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  12:47:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You know, it's funny how it isn't until someone says something out loud, until you have it enter your mind as a genuine thought. Several Movie lines are coming to mind right now, such as "The answer was there all the time" and "How could I have been so blind".

Much More to come......
Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  02:50:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is very odd how some report that they get paid and others are having major trouble. Do you guys think they are being selective? and if so why?

Carmen
Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  10:37:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want to understand this. Are you saying that you have not been paid in a half a year?!?
Go to Top of Page

Mayhem

Florida
11 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  1:10:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mayhem's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've done work for LIA for 3 years. Always paid in 30 days, after first of year 45 days. Since May, $1575.00 in outstanding balances, all doubles . Have heard bad personnel not paying invoices, are you sure you weren't paid now the latest was you didn't send invoice! Try reaching anyone when you're trying to collect... IMPOSSIBLE. They still call and want me to do closings. They're in business just not the pay our vendors business
Go to Top of Page

n/a

California
2 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  5:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, have anyone heard of this program--Tel-a-SelfHelpLawyer program, which offers Bankruptcy Service From Home class?
Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  01:22:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
John, I don't understand why you say that LIA doesn't pay. Hundreds of Notaries across the US are paid by LIA all the time. They had one period when they were a week or two behind but that was it. There is no way anyone can convince me that Washington Mutual or for that matter any Lender or Title Co. would pay a SA each week or right after a loan funds. That happens when a Title Co. hires you directly and even most of them are on a 30 day cycle. One of the main reasons Title Co's or Lenders use SA's is so they can make one payment monthly to the SA and sometimes they are not on time. And as far as the modifications, there is no funding. Nothing gets funded, so how do you know if perhaps Washington Mutual pays 45 days, mmmmmmmm.

I worry because if a handful of people (who don't understand what a 45 day billing cycle means) get all bent out of shape because they didn't read the paper work or don't remember when they were told it would be 45 days, complain to the folks who hired the SA and do enough unwarranted damage to the SA (in this case LIA) it would affect MY INCOME.

I defend them because I know that everyone who has worked for LIA has been or will be paid. I know of only one instance where a Signing Agent did a job for them and then the Title Co. asked them to go back unbeknown to LIA and then the Signing Agent asked LIA to pay for the go back and LIA had no idea about it and told the Signing Agent to bill the Title Co. and the Signing Agent got pissed off. Sometimes someone may fall through the cracks (it's not a perfect world) but as far as I know, they pay. Maybe not as fast as you or others would like (in a week) but if you read the paper work or remember when you were told it would be 45 days (and don't forget that could mean up to 60 days depending on when the signing took place), you like most everyone else would be OK with them.

I worry, not to be nice (some would say I'm not so nice). I worry because 2 or 3 or 4 disgruntled Notaries should not do damage to some decent folks. Put them on a list for slow pay if you want but please don't tell people they don't pay if it's not true.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

peanut20

Minnesota
38 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  12:16:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its nice of radonotary to worry about LIA, but whats the point, if a company dosnt pay why protect them or there rep. these companies get paid within a week after funding, the only reason not to pay the notary is because there robbing peter to pay paul. we are getting paid 2 months later with monies there hoping to make. dont worry if they go out of business, the borrower and title companies will still be there and so will the work. the only difference is the notary gets paid.

john wilson
Go to Top of Page

radonotary

Florida
234 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  09:08:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit radonotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been working with LIA signings for almost 2 years now and as far as I am concerned you need to understand that they are on a 45 day billing cycle. They have always been on this 45 day billing cycle. The hundreds and hundreds of Notaries that work with them all know this and don't have a problem with them because we always and I mean always get paid. It seems that when people are not aware of this 45 day cycle, (which by the way depending on what part of the month you did the signing for them could end up being up to 60 days) they get upset. You don't have to if you don't want to. You will be paid ( as far as I know ).

Please do not hurt this Co. publicly or I may lose even more work than I already have because of the freakin slow down.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Massachusetts
1 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  07:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here...they owe me $75 for 3 different jobs and I have spoken to Crystal whom in 2 seconds told me that payment went out last Friday. Well, it has been 7 days and nothing, today I called and spoke to a Mike (I think he lied) and stated that I would have to go on line and send in a req to their account, who work from a different office and he will contact me within 48 hours. Well, if they do not, I will make sure that no only this is reported to the BBB, but to Washigton Mutual; whom they seem to do a lot of work with.
Go to Top of Page

peanut20

Minnesota
38 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  04:12:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LIA Signings, absolute worst. had to hammer them for over 2 months to get paid on a 35.00 mortgage modification, gave them a second chance same thing. crystal always claims to looking into it. code for go sc--w yourself.

john wilson
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.