123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 List of Signing Companies to AVOID
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.1 person disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

ceb193

Pennsylvania
13 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2013 :  2:08:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit ceb193's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got a call to do a closing for them and just turned them down after reading the horror stories about trying to get payments.

I hope you all keep well read on these bo bo signing agencies. Its not worth your time having to fight for your money, after you provide a service ...

Thank you to all who have posted about them. I appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  07:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by amw333

I really need to print this list and have it with me at all times! I would love to be able to check out a new company on 123Notary.com before accepting a signing, but most of the time the phone call comes while I'm driving, or not close to a computer, and I feel if I don't respond right away the job will be assigned to someone else. With that said, I have accpted jobs and then later, after the fact, looked them up, only to discover that they have a terrible reputation. So far, I have yet to not be paid for a closing (out of over 200,) but there have been many that are slow to pay and require numerous follow-up, and that is very frustrating!

AnnMarie

I would be very careful in using this list. The list is very outdated, many of the companies are already out of business, some of them are very good companies to deal with. This list was compiled as one person's opinion and is not necessarily indicative of a pattern of good or bad.

Your best bet is to research any companies you sign up with or work with and develop your own g/b/u list for reference. I will also tell you that as much as I respect this website, the signing company list is not well maintained. Your better reference point for a company's reputation is Signing Central on Notary Rotary. It is, IMO, hands down the best reference point for whether a company is g/b/u to work with.

JMHO

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

amw333

Virginia
10 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  07:39:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really need to print this list and have it with me at all times! I would love to be able to check out a new company on 123Notary.com before accepting a signing, but most of the time the phone call comes while I'm driving, or not close to a computer, and I feel if I don't respond right away the job will be assigned to someone else. With that said, I have accpted jobs and then later, after the fact, looked them up, only to discover that they have a terrible reputation. So far, I have yet to not be paid for a closing (out of over 200,) but there have been many that are slow to pay and require numerous follow-up, and that is very frustrating!

AnnMarie
Go to Top of Page

busynotary

Colorado
14 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  3:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Add Expert Signings to your list of BAD companies to avoid.
Go to Top of Page

sjcnotary

California
7 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  11:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sandiegocountynotary

***Urgent: Anyone that is owed money from Final Link or Home Signings, please contact me at notarysd1@gmail(dot)com . Let me know how much you are owed as well. There is a Detective that is on this case and the more people we are, the stonger the case and the faster we get these people. I can give you more info once you email me if you like. Thank you.

I am one of those people. Final Link is the absolute WORST, and I'd LOVE to help put them out of business for good.
Please feel free to contact me directly at sjcnotary@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

sjcnotary

California
7 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  11:15:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sandiegocountynotary

***Urgent: Anyone that is owed money from Final Link or Home Signings, please contact me at notarysd1@gmail(dot)com . Let me know how much you are owed as well. There is a Detective that is on this case and the more people we are, the stonger the case and the faster we get these people. I can give you more info once you email me if you like. Thank you.

Go to Top of Page

Brana

California
5 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  10:30:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if Sign on the X is still in business in Aliso Viejo??
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2012 :  3:07:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NotarySharon

You should add NREIS (National Real Estate Information Services) to your list of No No Companies. They used to be a decent company, but in the past year got to be slower and slower pay until finally, I am still owed a closing from back in February. I check in with them every month. The first time I called they informed me they were on 90 days to pay. In June I got the 90 day story again, and here it is December, and I'm still not paid. They admitted to having "Cash flow" problems. I suspect the cash they received flowed into someone's pocketbook before any notaries got paid.

Sharon Hopkins

I have no inside info as I haven't worked for them in several years, but someone on NotRot posted they are either out of business or in the process of shutting down.

No proof from me, no confirmation...just passing on info I just recently heard...you may want to check it out.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

NotarySharon

Missouri
26 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2012 :  1:59:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit NotarySharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You should add NREIS (National Real Estate Information Services) to your list of No No Companies. They used to be a decent company, but in the past year got to be slower and slower pay until finally, I am still owed a closing from back in February. I check in with them every month. The first time I called they informed me they were on 90 days to pay. In June I got the 90 day story again, and here it is December, and I'm still not paid. They admitted to having "Cash flow" problems. I suspect the cash they received flowed into someone's pocketbook before any notaries got paid.

Sharon Hopkins
Go to Top of Page

sandiegocountynotary

California
7 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  6:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit sandiegocountynotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Marissa de Luna

California
0 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  03:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marissa de Luna's Homepage  Reply with Quote
add
Final Link Signing Service
SOX AKA is also Sign on the X

I'm working on a class action but no hoping yet!

NO-NO-NO

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SIGNING COMPANIES!

Accurate Signing Services – OR (Michael Lanscano)
Admisistrative outsourcing
Banc Serv – low rates
Bay Breeze Title
CJ Signings – 45 days to pay
Cal Capital
Closing Quest
Countrywide
Document Closers Inc.
DocuServer Signing Agency (?)
Elaine with Tampa Bay
Express Financial Services
FNP Document Svcs
Fox Signings, Ambridge, PA
Integrity – Barry Silver: asks for illegal deeds
LIA Signing
Loan Closers
Loan Signers
Madison Credit Management
National Link/Service Link*
National Notary Network aka N3 Notary Svcs
National Signing Network - Brian Bayles
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings – FL
*Service Link/National Link
Signing Pro
SOX aka Signature Plus
Speedy Closings
Top Notch Signing – not so top notch
United Notaries
United Signatures
US Title aka US Settlement Corp both in Cary, NC

This is a list I have compiled after emailing with different notaries from around the country. The list is growing. Sad.

Elizabeth F. Holtman

Please visit our signing agent certification page
http://www.123notary.com/certified-signing-agent.asp
[/quote]

Marissa de Luna 6197261962
Go to Top of Page

Diana

Pennsylvania
45 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  12:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mary,, Your right.. I have learned, now I tell the Signing agency that I will contact the lender if I do not receive payment. It works, either I get paid from the signing agency or the Lender sends me a check and follows up with a phone call!. Stick to your guns!! Call the title companies and/or lenders.. Good Luck everyone!
quote:
Originally posted by estre68132

It just occurred to me that perhaps the way to deal with a bad signing company is to let the title company know that you are having trouble getting paid, because it reflects badly on the title company (and the lender) when that happens.

Mary K. Villalba

Go to Top of Page

pafrealtor

California
5 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2012 :  09:25:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the list--fortunately I have been busy when some
of these companies have called me--I am just sticking with the
ones that I have been working with and pay the best. Hard to find
Those anymore. I'll keep the list handy.
Again, Thanks
Pauline A. Fernandez
PaFernandez, Bilingual Mobile Notary
559-360-4940

PAFERNANDEZ
Go to Top of Page

estre68132

Colorado
5 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2012 :  09:03:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It just occurred to me that perhaps the way to deal with a bad signing company is to let the title company know that you are having trouble getting paid, because it reflects badly on the title company (and the lender) when that happens.

Mary K. Villalba
Go to Top of Page

Diana

Pennsylvania
45 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  07:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They Are Actually Called "Speedy Closings" Frank Amari is the owner/manager.. They Do Not pay, you have to threaten them over and over to get paid.. I did alot of work for them in the beginning, but quickly learned my lesson... Now when Frank Calls, I tell him pay me via Pay-Pal before the closing or I can not work for you! That Simple.. Not worth my time and energy to chase them down for payment.. Good Luck to you!
quote:
Originally posted by notaryslife

Re; Speedy Closings, there are several named this, you need to specify which one.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2012 :  09:48:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re; Speedy Closings, there are several named this, you need to specify which one.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2012 :  09:45:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought BancServe was top notch a while. They paid me $125 per signing a while and paid within two weeks. Then there was a problem signing that wasn't really my fault but the title companies they shafted me for.

BancServe is negotiable on its fees but claims it only offers $60 base + $25 edocs fee. If you're in a market that requires a higher fee if you're really good they will negotiate.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

LawDog

Georgia
22 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2009 :  09:16:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit LawDog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ahhh...I just love it when people come together !! You know, Wikipedia is usually a pretty good "general" source of information, but remember that the contributions there are from "visitors" to the site, not from "experts" in the field.

That being said, what is found in Wikipedia is relatively correct on the surface, and I'm not what I'd consider an "expert", although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time.

Simply put, a "tort" is a harm. A tort is damage, whether physical, emotional, financial, etc. Anything that can be measured as a loss can be a tort. Losing business with a company because of things others have said CAN be tortious, but those things said MUST be untrue (defamatory - either libelous or slanderous) and MUST be proven to be said (or "published").

Published is quite simple - posting comments on a message board forum, sending an email or other written/verbal communication to the contractor of the "offending" company, making public comments about the company, publishing a "Letter to the Editor" in the local paper; are all examples. Remember now, these cannot be actionable if the "published" information is TRUE. In other words, if one has PROOF that can be documented, such as in this case, (email, contract, voice recording, etc) that a task was agreed upon at a certain rate, and that the task was completed, yet not paid according to the agreement, then communicating that to a third party is not "tortious interference with a contract". It's communicating the TRUTH, pure and simple.

While it may be true that an independent contractor (a "business") has other avenues to resolve "business issues", many Title companies would want to know whether the signing companies they are doing business with are being honest and above-board. Threatening you with "tortious interference of a contractual relationship" is yelling fire in a crowded theater. It's a scare tactic.

Still, one has to ask oneself - is this a fight worth fighting ? If you WERE to contact the Title company, I can bet that the title company will most likely tell you that your agreement with DFS does not obligate them to settle your differences. And, they'd be right.

If it were me, I would continue collection efforts on a legal basis, try to cost them as much as you can having to at least READ your correspondence (manpower isn't cheap), try to cost them money in replying to your correspondence, and call them at every opportunity on their toll-free number. Pretty much Tit for Tat. Or, in the alternative - Let it go and move on.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2009 :  5:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tortious Interference...in part from wikipedia:

"Tortious interference, in the common law of tort, occurs when a person intentionally damages the plaintiff's contractual or other business relationships. This tort is broadly divided into two categories, one specific to contractual relationships (irrespective of whether they involve business), and the other specific to business relationships or activities (irrespective of whether they involve a contract)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortious_interference

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

gjk-fl

Florida
151 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2009 :  3:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit gjk-fl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I know what interference means, but had no idea what tortious meant, but this is what Merriam Webster says:

tortious: implying or involving tort

tort: a wrongful act other than a breach of contract for which relief may be obtained in the form of damages or an injunction

gjk
Go to Top of Page

conotary

Colorado
24 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2009 :  10:58:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To those of you who have experience in these legal matters, please read my recent posting under Dynamic Field Services and give me your opinion of the threat of "tortious interference of contract" I have received from this company when telling them that I intend to report them to the title company for shorting payment. The guy owes me $50 which I could indeed write off, but like you I want to put these crooks out of business when they take advantage of people.
Go to Top of Page

California
28 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  10:43:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooops right off as in "Write off" LOL
Go to Top of Page

California
28 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  10:41:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HMMMMMMMM Jurisdiction for one. SS Sacramento, service performed in San Francisco and I live in Oakland. Two, filing fees ( 1/2 of what they owe me), Three..how many opportunities to make money would I miss out on pursuing the company who got paid but refuses to pay me? I'll have to right it off unfortunately and DEFINITELY AVOID THAT SIGNING SERVICE and of course move on.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  10:11:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 11789

Hey Tom, could you just "feel stupid" about what you did? I did two signings and loss out and can't do anything about it? Moving on is a great equalizer. JMO

Why can't you do something about it? You're at least in the same state as SOX, making small claims a lot easier for you than many of the out-of-state notaries that got taken....moving on truly IS a great equalizer but moving on with a victory in small claims court is even sweeter. I know if I were in your circumstances I'd pursue a small claims action in a heartbeat.

JMO

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

California
28 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  09:57:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Tom, could you just "feel stupid" about what you did? I did two signings and loss out and can't do anything about it? Moving on is a great equalizer. JMO
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Oregon
5 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  03:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NO-NO-NO

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SIGNING COMPANIES!

Accurate Signing Services – OR (Michael Lanscano)
Admisistrative outsourcing
Banc Serv – low rates
Bay Breeze Title
CJ Signings – 45 days to pay
Cal Capital
Closing Quest
Countrywide
Document Closers Inc.
DocuServer Signing Agency (?)
Elaine with Tampa Bay
Express Financial Services
FNP Document Svcs
Fox Signings, Ambridge, PA
Integrity – Barry Silver: asks for illegal deeds
LIA Signing
Loan Closers
Loan Signers
Madison Credit Management
National Link/Service Link*
National Notary Network aka N3 Notary Svcs
National Signing Network - Brian Bayles
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings – FL
*Service Link/National Link
Signing Pro
SOX aka Signature Plus
Speedy Closings
Top Notch Signing – not so top notch
United Notaries
United Signatures
US Title aka US Settlement Corp both in Cary, NC

This is a list I have compiled after emailing with different notaries from around the country. The list is growing. Sad.

Elizabeth F. Holtman

Please visit our signing agent certification page
http://www.123notary.com/certified-signing-agent.asp
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.